• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Black Clover

So with the notion someone among the captains is a traitor I imagine its this jester guy but he seems too obvious a villain. At the same time the story is setting it up so well, he talks about how this is all for the kingdom which could be his twisted reason for being a rebel, his forces are depicted as the strongest and most popular so their dissention would create a rift, and Yuno is on their team so we can get Asta vs Yuno. I can't tell if this is a red herring/thinking too much into it but it makes so much sense from a plot structure sense.

I actually just read the second volume since that's out now over here, and I had forgotten this since it's been a while, but yeah, there's a scene that shows someone with a Golden Dawn badge in the shadows doing stuff with the magic stones and a "revival." So they're pretty clearly heavily trying to push you towards thinking he's the traitor, though I honestly feel like it's a bit to straight forward to the point that yeah, there's also a good chance of him being a red herring.

I feel that they did, given the trouble they had went through to convince the higher ups to let him join.

More than anything, the match does confirm Osamu did get much better in being an assist to the team, if still only being an average fighter. I'm glad Ashihara had him at least lose to a higher ranked fighter this time.
I mean in terms of the what he can contribute to their team, instead of how useful he could be for the expedition as a whole. The whole "second ace" argument was just theory, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in practice.

Actually, not that I think about, hasn't Osamu only ever been taken out by other team captains? At least he has that going for him.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro 5
DYjPk44.jpg
Urinal balls save the day!

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Seven Deadly Sins 190
Are Escanor, Meliodas and Merlin the only ones who can fight the 10 commandments?

To be fair, Ban was going to win against Galan until what's her face did her shenanigans. And he was able to kill her in a single move later. I'm sure all the Sins can stand a fight one on one. As for the other knights? HA! Best they can hope for is cannon fodder to show of the specific commandments.

Anyway, looking forward to a Merlin fight. She had one of the best introductions in the series, and it is a travesty she hasn't had a real fight yet!

Seven Deadly Sins 190
Are Escanor, Meliodas and Merlin the only ones who can fight the 10 commandments?

Ban, King, and Diane really need to level up at this point. It was kinda sad watching Ban try to kill Estarossa and amounting to little more than an annoying little kid flailing his arms at an adult, meanwhile Escanor just wrecks his ass after already killing both of the dudes Ban should have killed, Mel one shots two of them and Merlin is about to whomp this guy's ass and was apparently sandbagging this whole time. If the three of them don't git gud fast their gonna be chilling at Roshi's island watching the important Sins fight the big evil on a TV.

EDIT: Didn't include Gowther in this because we already know he's gonna be OP.

Wiseblade

One Piece
Not having the whole crew together makes it clear this arc isn't leading to an all-out fight, but it seems Luffy and Big Mom will come face to face for sure.

The Promised Neverland
Officially better than Seraph of the End.

Seraph of the End
Why am I reading this when Neverland exists?

Love Rush
If this turns into a jump version of My Balls, then I can get behind it.

Red Sprite
I REALLY don't see this lasting very long.

My Hero Academia
At least Deku remembers that these guys are supposed to be HEROES.

Haikyuu
WHY IS THIS NOT IN JUMP YET

World Trigger
Osamu did good regardless this fight. Setting up entry hazards, taking out threats and protecting the Win Condition. His influence on the battlefield is going to decide this match, proving his growth from the first few battles. Even when Kuga cleans up the rest of the opponents, Osamu still earns my MVP nod in this battle.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch407

Such a confused boy.

New Game: The Spinoff! ch8-9

They're working hard towards their future~

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch5

You got to admire her creativity. Yet another crisis avoided!

Yuzumori-san ch6

How long will she be able to last?

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan ch45

Dogs are fickle.

Wiseblade

Well the previous arc had every other crew member and involved an all-out fight.
1) The last arc was Zou, which wasn't an all out fight.

2) Doflamingo is a Warlord, not ONE OF THE FOUR EMPERORS. This chapter is already showing that Luffy isn't ready to challenge an emperor yet, so I expect this chapter to end in a smash and grab.

1) The last arc was Zou, which wasn't an all out fight.

2) Doflamingo is a Warlord, not ONE OF THE FOUR EMPERORS. This chapter is already showing that Luffy isn't ready to challenge an emperor yet, so I expect this chapter to end in a smash and grab.

Luffy got shit wrecked by cp9, one train ride later and he was able to beat Lucci in a very close fight. I would never doubt Luffy's ability to get exponentially stronger very quickly.

Kieli

Kuzumi-kun:

Ruh roh, new challenger enters the arena. Classic battle between twin-tails and megane about to erupt...!

Wiseblade

Luffy got shit wrecked by cp9, one train ride later and he was able to beat Lucci in a very close fight. I would never doubt Luffy's ability to get exponentially stronger very quickly.

That beatdown got handwaved by Nami saying that Luffy was holding back due to indecisiveness. But this is the opposite. Luffy is pulling out Fourth Gear on not Big Mom, but on one of her (elite) henchmen. And he's still struggling. For comparison, Luffy tore Blueno to shreds once he kicked it into Second Gear.

At best I see Luffy, Nami and Chopper getting a win by ganging up on one of the generals, but it's been made clear in the last handful of chapters that they're out of their depths or at least underestimated the power of an Emperor's entourage.

Kingdom, #488

(4/5): An interesting answer from the King but a bit of a non-answer in parts. But just the confidence and style with which the author draws the scenes means that it feels engaging despite the contents of the speech.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro 5
This girl is the hero we need and deserve. Thank you George!
You can clearly see the author H-background here.

Ureshon 2

Why am i reading a manga about dude who love woman pee? I have no idea why i did it either, but fuck it. MC reaction to girl piss is amazing.

Dansan Joshi 18-19

Still as random as ever. A santa that only gave you Penis or golden ball inside nutsacks and armpit hair contest....WHOOOOOOOOO

New Game latest

Some nice character development. Hifumi becoming character team leader is nice to see.

RIP dramatis. I call dibs on his kidneys.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Hello New World 1-14 (END) + Megami Tsuushin 1-11

9YvVPVA.png

I gotta believe
in a better goddess.

2x comedy manga with no overarching plot and (somehow) even less coherency than the games/anime. The franchise is usually carried on the strength of its character interactions/writing, which was still present here to an extent, but not to the same hilarious degree as in the PS titles. Throw in the mediocre art and you're left with something with limited appeal to CPU atheists, but which converts will doubtlessly eat up like Neptune's pudding. If Plutia eventually shows up in MT then I'll add another point to its score.

Kingdom 488

This chapter has extremely interesting implications, given some historical details involved in the conquest of Qi and a certain extremely important character

I'm sure Dramatis got banned for political stuff like always. He'll be back.

Kingdom 488

King of Qi is a surprisingly noble man. Wouldn't expect that from someone with a...snake head in his mouth? Wtf is that thing?

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko
Sure is hard to keep up with Tomo, eh Jun?

Getter Robo Devolution ch.7
Unfortunately a short chapter with a bit more info on the concept of "devolutionary beings" and nothing else of significance.

Oh wait, there are two Professor Shikishimas in this manga's universe, and one of them is the good, crazy old asshole like in the original manga. That IS of big significance. Better than boring young glasses Shikishima that's for sure.

But still, hope next chapter is more lengthy and maybe has a good fight in it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

The amount of moping MC does is starting to get really fucking grating. Like, why is he constantly making that stupid sadface, particularly when the majority of the time he has no idea why he's doing it.

Shit wrecked? His based form got beat while also worrying about everyone else in the room. It's not like he went gear two in the mansion and got beat

Shit wrecked? His based form got beat while also worrying about everyone else in the room. It's not like he went gear two in the mansion and got beat

We didn't know he had gear 2 at the time, at the time we didn't know he was holding back. How do we know gear 4 is really the full extend of Luffy's abilities post time skip?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

Luffy developed gear 2 after getting his shit wrecked.

He didn't have gear 2, sorry ect... He got royally pummeled.

mdubs

Banned
Jump Issue 41 Rankings

Cover/Lead Color Page: My Hero Academia (2nd Anniversary)
1. Black Clover
2. Shokugeki no Soma
3. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan)
4. Yuna of Yuragi Manor
5. Haikyuu!!
6. Kochikame
7. Kimetsu no Yaiba
8. Gintama
9. Samon the Summoner
10. Toriko
11. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
12. Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary

Color Pages: Hinomaru Zumou, Boruto, Boy the Gold (Golden Future Cup #2)
Unranked: The Promised Neverland (1st Ranking Next Issue), Red Sprite, Love Rush!, World Trigger (Absent in #33)

NEXT Issue: #42
Cover/Lead Color Page: Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo (40th Anniversary), END
Color Pages: Kochikame (1st Chapter FULL COLOR), Tokubetsu Kokka Koumuin Kaizousha Taisaku-ka Tanaka Seiji (Golden Future Cup #4)

Takuan and Batsu - rip lol

Danganronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer 01-06

a regular series about a killer that kills other killers before becoming the next part of the danganronpa universe

it's not bad, does give 'some' world building for the whole danganronpa series, so far it's been pretty routine though in how the chapters have been paced but i guess it'll get pretty interesting once it goes full danganronpa here

Criminale! 15.5 + 20-21

orFdSo7.png

Wait a minute, it's all wrong.
Wait a minute, it's all gone wrong.

And so Hinako's love life becomes even more complicated. Still, this situation isn't exactly an uncommon one and will most likely result in Sarah shelving her feelings for the sake of her friend. Harukana in the regular uniform + striped stockings combo has now given her a slight edge over her rival for me, not that there was anything wrong with her phantom thief getup.

Jintor

manga is okay. not as good as log horizon but still pretty entertaining, latest story arc has gone off on a huge tangent that is really fascinating. dunno about the anime, was wondering that myself.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch408

She was as adorable as she is now~

Prison School ch227

Finally.

Criminale! ch15.5, 20-21

Poor Hinako. Things keep getting harder for her.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch5.5

The world of greetings sure is merciless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom