• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomo-chan 405

Insane fan theory is back on! Suck it naysayers!

Tomo-chan 405

So, since Jun practically made no progress in his emotions since first meeting Tomo, this manga will probably end in NTR somewhere down the line. Just a feeling.

Considering the direction that the mangaka's doujins go, don't jinx it.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch405

She's being generous, you know.

Keijo ch92

A disappointing start from Nozomi.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch38

As expected, it didn't take much for them to ultimately get along.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari ch20

Not much left for the poor guy.

8oTvDYE.jpg

She should join in the fun!

We are getting a potential plot element revealed next chapter.....but yeah 8-10 years is my guess (closer to 10).

Yeah, the next few chapters should have some big plot developments, but considering how dense the story is and how much stuff is left to reveal, I think somewhere in the vicinity of 10 years makes sense.

I do think the Rum arc is likely going to be the penultimate arc. I'm not sure where you go after "the Boss's right hand man" aside from "the boss".

Revo

Yeah, the next few chapters should have some big plot developments, but considering how dense the story is and how much stuff is left to reveal, I think somewhere in the vicinity of 10 years makes sense.

I do think the Rum arc is likely going to be the penultimate arc. I'm not sure where you go after "the Boss's right hand man" aside from "the boss".

The bosses 6 hidden left hands that were never needed before now!
I could see anything happening to extend conan.

Tripon

Idol na Kanojo to Wotaku na Boku to 1-6

Guy becomes a slave to an idol. In the first six chapters, he is peed on, has to put on girls underware, pay tens of thousands in yen for a shopping spree. Then in chapter 6, he's eaten as a dessert.

Uh... I might keep on reading.

y3syy9T.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Instand Bullet

So I stumbled upon the Kaguya-san author's early work and I have to say its quite something.

So far I would describe it as a Persona/Jojo/No more heroes type of thing.
Slow and painful 4-koma NTR after a lighthearted buildup of over 400 chapters.
I'd actually find it hilarious.
We dont need more ntr in this world.

Idol na Kanojo to Wotaku na Boku to 1-6

Guy becomes a slave to an idol. In the first six chapters, he is peed on, has to put on girls underware, pay tens of thousands in yen for a shopping spree. Then in chapter 6, he's eaten as a dessert.

Uh... I might keep on reading.

y3syy9T.jpg
Now this i can get behind!

Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue 1-5
Really cute/funny manga between about an anti-social mystery writer and the stray cat he takes in. What's neat is the fact that it uses every .5 chapter (which accommodate every chapter except 1) to show what happened from the cat's view point, and how her thought process worked during the events.

Rowena

Neo Member
If anyone is wanting to Save some money, Barnes & Noble has a 40% off any one item coupon code. Works really well if you're looking to get any box sets. Code can be used multiple times with one account but needs to have separate orders. Found on Reddit. Not sure when it ends.

Coupon code: LMQCJGX26KQFK

I mean they established very clearly that outside of Yuga the rest of his team clearly isn't ready for the dangers of these other worlds but through the squad battle stuff they're rapidly getting there in a race against time. Also why exactly is it a big problem that they've stayed in one town so far the story hasn't really mandated a reason for them to go somewhere else and even then nobody buy Yuga is even strong enough to do so and in the lore the neighbors always appear in this one town anyways. I'd also argue the series didn't find it's stride until it introduced the squad battles. The mc team is fairly close to making the away team and once they do we'll get an arc set in other places there's no reason to betray the story and skip a bunch of development just to get to a big finale wt hasn't been canceled like Toriko or Bleach so the guy has the time to do things the way he wants to and most people really enjoy this more then the monster invasion stuff.
I am not saying they need to be OP and that they need to try and rush through the story

rather if they want to build upon the characters slowly and also extend the plot then they can do it with a more diverse tactic of story writing with different locations even

following a two step pattern means we go back and fourth doing the same thing to the point that when they eventually do go to the other side the series would feel boring and washed out

I am not saying they need to be OP and that they need to try and rush through the story

rather if they want to build upon the characters slowly and also extend the plot then they can do it with a more diverse tactic of story writing with different locations even

following a two step pattern means we go back and fourth doing the same thing to the point that when they eventually do go to the other side the series would feel boring and washed out

I mean you aren't reading it weekly you just skimmed it from what I can gather which isn't a fair way to judge it. I also feel the series has been hurt by the constant breaks due to the authors health in the same way people who pick up Berserk or HxH now a days won't complain about the never ending boat ride or chimera ant arcs. Its making what you might consider to be a slightly longer training and tournament scene and exacerbating the problem. The action is varied and imo exciting enough still that it doesn't really phase me that we've been doing a lot of squad combat the author does it a lot better then the giant monster attacks.

I mean you aren't reading it weekly you just skimmed it from what I can gather which isn't a fair way to judge it. I also feel the series has been hurt by the constant breaks due to the authors health in the same way people who pick up Berserk or HxH now a days won't complain about the never ending boat ride or chimera ant arcs. Its making what you might consider to be a slightly longer training and tournament scene and exacerbating the problem. The action is varied and imo exciting enough still that it doesn't really phase me that we've been doing a lot of squad combat the author does it a lot better then the giant monster attacks.

I guess your right

I just had a whole image for the series when I was reading it way back

I guess your right

I just had a whole image for the series when I was reading it way back

I'll give you that the series like Bleach did transition quickly from giant monster fights to human on human combat but WT has done a better job of keeping the whole alien invasion thing a background subplot thats been brought to the front when the big battles happen. I'd suggest waiting for the series to get to the expedition sometime next year to catch up since based upon how both invading neighbor armies and Yuuma have talked about the other worlds things should change quiet a bit when we start star trekkin.

I'll give you that the series like Bleach did transition quickly from giant monster fights to human on human combat but WT has done a better job of keeping the whole alien invasion thing a background subplot thats been brought to the front when the big battles happen. I'd suggest waiting for the series to get to the expedition sometime next year to catch up since based upon how both invading neighbor armies and Yuuma have talked about the other worlds things should change quiet a bit when we start star trekkin.

will do

I am a guy that loves world building so my attention span wanes when they don't change things

will do

I am a guy that loves world building so my attention span wanes when they don't change things

Thats the thing we've gotten quiet a bit of stuff about these various other planets through the interactions of the various humanoid neighbors and their interactions with each other and with the various border agents they fight. Its why I think ala Toriko the series could really explode into something special once we get to the neighbor worlds (like the gourmet world before... Ya know :/)

Thats the thing we've gotten quiet a bit of stuff about these various other planets through the interactions of the various humanoid neighbors and their interactions with each other and with the various border agents they fight. Its why I think ala Toriko the series could really explode into something special once we get to the neighbor worlds (like the gourmet world before... Ya know :/)

well then

I'll wait a few months... hopefully the mangaka recovers to full 100% ability

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Promised Neverland ch. 5

Mom just sank their escape plan. No way they'll leave the baby behind, and no way they can take it with them either. Kind of a slow chapter but that's okay.

Fureru to Kikoeru 8-10
mc plz

Some slight progress made towards the True End. Judging from this last chapter, the side arcs in this story will consist of Nozomi-esque fixing of their classmates' issues. If it means the lead duo taking the sleuthing spotlight in a similar fashion to NxK then I'm all in favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom