• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ugh...I have food poisoning and am feverish and florpy. I've been reading manga but can't remember any of it.
I hope you get well soon mate.

as someone who doesn't read AoT but has been intending to for a while, what's the chances of going Shyamalan The Village on us
High

Chio chan no tsugakoro 6

Bff.
I want to protect chio smile :^)

Kaguya want to be confessed 33

Plot twist: it's Ishigami who's going to go to Kaguya house, hence Heart pounding chapter

AOT latest

In 2016, we're off the boatride, kochikame ending, and now, we're reaching the basement baby. Oh yeaaaah!

Also, Tsugumomo getting an anime adaptation. Wtf. Hello black bar and mysterious light

Wiseblade

Atack on Titan 56-85(caught up)

30 chapters of a monthly is a lot to read in one day. A lot happened too. I'm mostly just left with questions, such as:

* How is Connie still alive?

* Armin is officially the protagonist now, right?

* Everyone good at fighting is related?

* Why even have a figurehead king in the first place?

* Why would the populace even care that the king was a figurehead?

* So we're Claymore now? To what end?

* No, seriously. Is this other civilization behind the titans? That's a really inefficient way to kill a group of people. Why wait five years and infiltrate the enemy if you just want to kill all humans?

* Are the titans a third party? If so, why do they even have beef with the walled humans? How have the advanced humans survived the past 100+ years?

*why haven't the advanced humans bombed the titans into orbit?

* Wait, it's only been THREE MONTHS since Trost?

* HOW IS CONNIE STILL ALIVE?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Atack on Titan 56-85(caught up)

30 chapters of a monthly is a lot to read in one day. A lot happened too. I'm mostly just left with questions, such as:

* Armin is officially the protagonist now, right?

* Everyone good at fighting is related?

* Why even have a figurehead king in the first place?

* Why would the populace even care that the king was a figurehead?

* So we're Claymore now? To what end?

* No, seriously. Is this other civilization behind the titans? That's a really inefficient way to kill a group of people. Why wait five years and infiltrate the enemy if you just want to kill all humans?

* Are the titans a third party? If so, why do they even have beef with the walled humans? How have the advanced humans survived the past 100+ years?

*why haven't the advanced humans bombed the titans into orbit?

* Wait, it's only been THREE MONTHS since Trost?

* HOW IS CONNIE STILL ALIVE?
"How is connie still alive."

Author -"No shut up tho."

Do you remember that annie was still in that crystal?

Wiseblade

"How is connie still alive."

Author -"No shut up tho."

Do you remember that annie was still in that crystal?
Yeah, that was my favourite part about Armin's bluffs that she was being Griffith-tortured.

"You won't surrender? I guess Annie's UNBELIEVABLE SUFFERING will continue, then."

My Hero Academia, #105

[4/5]: A good setup for what appears to be a pretty interesting first matchup, if the manga chooses to go for the 1v1's in the midst of the all-out brawl. I hope it does as I really enjoy the author's creative use of powers in fights.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - JoJo's Bizarre Doujin Special: The Joestar Family Vs. The President (Doujinshi)

Doujinshi about the entire Joestar family (including Jonathan's Dad and Joseph's Dad) competing by making Doujinshi for the President.

Yeah...really the artist just wanted to show off that he could mimic the different Part's art styles better then Araki can do nowadays.

EN20btp.png
c6Gn42M.png

Reivaxe

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness 2

When the fuck is Chapter 3 coming out?

I want more right now ...

NY Times Top Manga Sellers Aug 28th - Sep 3rd
Note: Number inside the () are the amount of times the volume has made this list, not consecutive.

*1. Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Vol.9 (NEW)
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1 (61)
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2 (37)
*4. Dragons Rioting Vol.4 (NEW)
*5. One Punch-Man Vol.1 (52)
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.8 (3)
*7. Dimension W Vol.3 (NEW)
*8. Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.19 (5)
*9. Haikyuu!! Vol.1 (6)
10. Boku no Hero Academia Vol.5 (5)

Previous Week

*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.8
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. One Punch-Man Vol.1
*4. Boku no Hero Academia Vol.5
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.3
*7. Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.19
*8. Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.1
*9. One Punch-Man Vol.2
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.7

Quasar

Silver Spoon 117 - Small business sucks, eh. Amusing though that racetrack winnings is what saved em.

Chihayafuru 150 - Just what is going on with Arata.

Aku no Hana 24

I recently watched the anime but have been reluctant to pick up the manga because...it doesn't really convey what I like about the series. The manga is far too clean. I especially dislike how Nakamura looks - she looks too cute. It feels less like what made me like Aku no Hana's anime, with its Hithcock-like approach to horror, framing and sound.

Aku no Hana 25

This chapter was better tho

Aku no Hana 26

On further thought, I think it might just be the character art. A lot of the subtleties are still there, just less represented. Not sure I like where the story is going though, but I don't think that was the main appeal of the show for me.

Aku no Hana 32

How does this have 20+ chapters left?

Aku no Hana 33

Can't shake the feeling that down the road I'll be wishing the series ended here.

Aku no Hana 57 END

I'm happy with where everything ended up. If I had to describe this, I guess Oyasumi Punpun lite? They are pretty similar in a few ways, but where Punpun continued to descend into nihilism at the halfway mark, in AnH it goes a completely different route. When I said I didn't understand how there could be 20+ more chapters, this isn't what I considered and I'm fine with that.

Zweizer

Banned
Hi Score Girl ch34

Hidaka is going all-out. What a fierce match.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch9

These damned crappy delivery services.

Good thing slimes are handy.

Car Graffiti JK 12

That sure was a lot of work, but they all passed. Makes me glad I live in the US where a license test takes like 30 minutes, lol.

Also that nissan march the teacher drives is terrible.

Usobuko

Banned
I kinda dropped claymore yoinks ago. Could yall clarify what you mean with "claymore route"?

That the people living within the wall in AoT are
merely isolated for conducting Titan's experiment, mainly intended for warfare to aid civilization who lived outside.

Wiseblade

I kinda dropped claymore yoinks ago. Could yall clarify what you mean with "claymore route"?
At somepoint in Claymore it's revealed the island nation the story takes place on is basically a bioweapon testing ground.

The outside world is embroiled in a massive war between two military powerhouses. One of them discovered a technologically backward island nation in their empire and decided to test Project Claymore there. IIRC, the monsters that the Claymores fight are released on the island by the same organisation making the girls, all for the purpose of collecting combat data.

LeleSocho

Banned
At somepoint in Claymore it's revealed the island nation the story takes place on is basically a bioweapon testing ground.

The outside world is embroiled in a massive war between two military powerhouses. One of them discovered a technologically backward island nation in their empire and decided to test Project Claymore there. IIRC, the monsters that the Claymores fight are released on the island by the same organisation making the girls, all for the purpose of collecting combat data.

Are you kidding? Can't tell if it's a joke or not...
That's so... bizarre...

That the people living within the wall in AoT are
merely isolated for conducting Titan's experiment, mainly intended for warfare to aid civilization who lived outside.

Oh i see, like in the classic film The Island from acclaimed director Michael Bay. Thanks.

Aaaaand now i wanna finish up claymore.

Fbh

Gold Member
Fairy Tail.
Lol so she revived one chapter later. The next step is going to be killing off main characters and then reviving them in the same chapter.

Attack On Titan:
I want to see where they go with this idea. Hopefully not the Claymore route.
Sadly with the pacing of this manga it's probably going to be a year or two before we get some answers .

Correct me if I'm wrong but Claymore's ending is bad because the plot just stopped without really wrapping things up correct?

It felt a bit rushed towards the end and the final fight wasn't too great (
iirc the final attack used by the main character is so cool you can't see it.
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom