• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

Back Street Girls 2-6
loleyqro.png
It just keeps getting better and better.

hrm, i feel that Oda is getting very close to needing to relegate some chars to an alternate book and let his assistants take care of it while he carries the main Luffy narrative. The crew is just too large, and the universe too rich. Would also facilitate exposition and force writers away from flanderization, which has been hitting One Piece god damn hard for quite a while now, which is to be expected, given the seriously reduced screen time for everybody.

yes yes, im aware that japanese authors seldom do that.

upandaway

Dunno I don't think the problem can only be fixed by limiting the scope of the manga. I would honestly be happy if Oda just trimmed the excess dialogue, I think the manga would be far less busy without it and so much of it is redundant lately. Even in this chapter Sanji said the exact same "rich kids" thing multiple times (which also took away some of the oomph from it which is another relatively recent problem).

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch183
Would of been so much better if Hayama was really the bad guy. I guess next chapter we find out what Central is doing to Jun.

Haikyuu 222
I really didn't like the last chapter when they said the Date Tech game is going to end up harder than the game with Shiratorizawa. Shiratorizawa is the big boss but a mid tier boss like Date Tech will end up being harder.
Hopefully this game will show how the evolved from the training camps.

One Piece 839
Sanji's family is fucked up. I want Luffy and crew to beat them down so bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reading the author comments, it's amazing how much respect they all have for Kochikame and Osamu Akimoto.

Next week's English Jump is going to be weird, unless they do a piece talking about Kochikame.

Reading the author comments, it's amazing how much respect they all have for Kochikame and Osamu Akimoto.

Next week's English Jump is going to be weird, unless they do a piece talking about Kochikame.

Maybe for giggles they'll include the all color first chapter just so American's can get a feel for it.

PK Gaming

My Hero Academia

That dude's quirk is really, really dumb. It feels less like a superpower and something straight out of Bleach or Naruto. Fortunately, the fight was good and Kaminari finally got to really shine too.

MHvR0xR.png

Damn, he looks slick as fuck now.

soma 183

I mean its obvious Soma is going to win given the consequences if he doesn't. But it will be interesting to hear what Hayama is doing with central, which I'm sure will get explained during or after their cooking battle.
Also, I wasn't expecting the hunter to have a kochikame style eyebrow lol.

MCD

Soma

Best thing about this chapter? Soma using Hishoko's medicine tech as the ultimate revenge against Hayama.

Best girl? Best girl.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch416

Tell us how you really feel.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch142

He freaking did it!

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch28

There's no end to Bocchi's troubles.

Bullying is not cool.

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch148

Hang in there, Kirie.

Aho Girl ch65-66

It's all about boobs.

Danna ga Nani o Itte Iru ka Wakaranai Ken ch8

Comiket is such a tough period.

Usobuko

Banned
So, what's Griffith master plan after Falconia?

There's a fairly brief history as to why something like this managed to get greenlit, filmed, cut, and make it to airing.

In 2015 one of the most popular dramas of the year was Nirvana in Fire, which was adapted from a novel. The novel had some undertones between the two main characters that was sort of wiped out in the drama adaptation, but there was still a strong "brotherly relationship" portrayal in the drama which obviously did nothing to hide that hey some stuff is going on. Part of the success of this drama is likely due to the intense female fans.

Early in 2016, a cheap web drama called Go Princess Go became wildly popular. The main character was a playboy dude who fell in a pool and woke up in the body of a crown princess (by marriage) back in the ancient Chinese past. The show was super budget and kitschy, and the idea behind the stories and plot of the show was a man exploring being a woman, becoming a woman, and love for another dude. It sort of ended with a gay pairing.

At this point Chinese production companies were like, oh, so this stuff can make moolah, so they started hunting for gay novels/webcomics etc. Love is More Than a Word was kind of greenlit and produced all this year, with such a quick release date too, so someone's trying to strike the iron while it is hot.

I'm not sure if this should be taken as a sign that the country is getting more open towards gay rights.

Welcome back. Thanks for the brief intro on how this caught fire in the chinese media.

Fbh

Gamaran - all chapters.

Pretty fun manga. Just what I was looking for (a light manga with some cool battles to read on my way to work and when I'm bored during lunch break).

There was mabye a bit too much action. Resulting in some underdeveloped characters because there was always a new enemy as soon as the last one was defeated. But on the other hand I really loved the pacing in here.
Like if there was a flashback it was at most 2 chapters long (the vast majority were less than 1 chapter long) but you still understood what happened . Or if there is a training arc you get like 1-2 chapter explaining what training was being made and who was involved and then it skipped to after they were done.
Fights are fun, exciting and also fast, you won't get 2 characters fighting for 20 chapters and that's awesome

The ending did feel a bit rushed though
Even with the fast pacing it felt like the author was given a deadline to finish the story

Anyway. Fun read. Thx for the user who recommended it to me

Revo

Himouto! Umaru-chan 146

Would have never thought UMR looked like a guy.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 147

Always so hungry~

Himouto! Umaru-chan 148

Going to have to work through a lot of traumas.

MANUELF

Banned
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 142
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
gdp_screen_550.gif

TheFlow

Banned
My Hero Academia

That dude's quirk is really, really dumb. It feels less like a superpower and something straight out of Bleach or Naruto. Fortunately, the fight was good and Kaminari finally got to really shine too.

MHvR0xR.png

Damn, he looks slick as fuck now.

his quirk is actually one of the better ones. the fact that he is able to now focus the electricity is going to boost him up

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He can stop time now?

Last I read he was trying to murder a monkey to eat the monkey testicles.

No, he was referencing Jojo because that picture above.

However, there is the Back Channel where time moves really fucking weird. I don't know, I kind of gave up understanding how the Toriko world works.

dani_dc

No, he was referencing Jojo because that picture above.

However, there is the Back Channel where time moves really fucking weird. I don't know, I kind of gave up understanding how the Toriko world works.

Oh, right. Been so long since I last read Toriko that it wouldn't had strike me as odd if there was such an ability by now.

Have to catch up at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom