• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Taki Takanosuke no Sanpo Jikan
A Story about a man who likes to take walks and who has a somewhat mysterious pass. Its everything of what i wanted from Better Call Saul.

7GCQ4dQ.jpg

F4JtioS.jpg

4dRVeNs.jpg

Also hes a gentlemen and a cat magnet.

Shun

Watch both of these over the weekend. It was a great month for animated films with how much attendance and ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ they make. A lot of the showings for both were sold out, the former weeks after release, the latter selling out the weekend opening.

A Silent Voice film adaptation was phenomenal, Hayamin did really well as Nishimiya and seeing the animation for a lot of the scenes made me smile and really cry at the same time. It really does the original publication justice and it streamlines some of the pacing by focusing more on Ishida and Nishimiya so that the audience could follow better.

Really considering watching it again.

Cr6efNVUIAA0KUo.jpg

jman2050

Tomo-chan 422

This isn't even a romcom manga anymore, this is a depressing and sobering look into a boy who forms a powerful bond with his hero and seeks to better himself as a result only to crash when his hero eventually turns into a person completely different from the image he formed over his childhood.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Tomo-chan 422

This isn't even a romcom manga anymore, this is a depressing and sobering look into a boy who forms a powerful bond with his hero and seeks to better himself as a result only to crash when his hero eventually turns into a person completely different from the image he formed over his childhood.
Inb4 its a gag manga.
its a real manga

Shengar

Tomo-chan 422

Couldn't put it better myself.
He just couldn't and wouldn't want his childhood hero tarnished by the cruel thing named puberty.

pbayne

Mysterious Girlfriend X End

A romance story. Or I guess if you’re a neat freak it’s a horror.

+The main couple are really likable (even if Tsubaki is dumber than bag of rocks). They both have a nice amount of character development (sometimes debatable though) and I liked their relationship.

+Pretty creative with fanservice/eroticism at times. Undeniably it is blatant as fuck at times but there usually is a bit more thought and effort to tie it into the story and characters.

-Jesus after about 35 chapters or so it gets really, really stale. I think they re-use beach chapters 6 times and introduce at least 5 different love rivals because I dunno the mangaka could not think up any original ideas to keep the plot going and the erotic moments are nowhere near as creative aside from a few flashes of brilliance. This really hurts it when your side characters don’t have much going on either.

-The idol arc is awful.

-The ending really baffles me. So in the end
they decide that they don’t want to taint their relationship or high school memories by doing anything too sexual before they’re married? I think. But none of the manga really lead up to that, it just felt show horned in in the last few chapters. When you start a manga proclaiming two characters are gonna have sex with each other and then proceed to not even kiss, that’s a bit lame.

Overall id say it’s a 7/10 read. Great premise that I like to think the author really did understand the essence of but really dragged it down by constant repetition and inability to think up new ideas. Plus the ending makes very little sense.
I think in the hands of a different writer or being in a magazine that maybe would give them a bit more freedom it could have been something really special but eh.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san 1
4-komedy series featuring cute girls and cute vampires doing cute things, which unfortunately doesn't include blood-sucking. Followed for the adequate humour, the faint smell of lilies and the coffin sleepovers.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Piece ch. 840

I think I've always been completely apathetic toward Sanji, but I'm quite looking forward to him kicking his brothers' teeth in. What a shitty family.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Dammmmmmmmn Yukihira shooting on Hayama

That's too bad, I was hoping that Hayama heel-turn would be longer lived than this, but with the whole SOMA GETS EXPELLED crap again plus giving Hayama a weakness, its pretty clear that Hayama's dead in the water.

Shokugeki no Soma

Dammmmmmmmn Yukihira shooting on Hayama

That's too bad, I was hoping that Hayama heel-turn would be longer lived than this, but with the whole SOMA GETS EXPELLED crap again plus giving Hayama a weakness, its pretty clear that Hayama's dead in the water.

He brings nothing has a heel though (or a face but i digress) so might as well switch him back to an "antihero"

Zweizer

Banned
Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san ch1 by Amatou

9LwkC9O.png

Cute vampire 4koma.

Shokugeki no Soma ch184

That was predictable, and the outcome will be so as well.

ryan13ts

One Piece 840

God damn, Sanji is giving Robin a run for her money in the tragic backstory department. I've hated these fuckers since the moment I've seen them but every chapter makes them even more dispicable than the last. I seriously long for the moment when Sanji shoves his foot so far down their throats it comes out their asses, it's going to be glorious.

I guess the sister is the only half way decent one, after seeing the way they treat Sanji, you can't blame her for not wanting to end up that way herself. The fact that she also healed Luffy when she didn't have to also shows she's not complete scum like the rest of the family. I bet you she's the one that probably helped him escape in the first place.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece - 840
Now i understand why Sanji helped Duval... as soon as i've seen that mask he came to mind.

Toriko - 388
"Acacia pls sit down, i'm trying to understand what's happening"

One Piece Chapter 840

10/10 man the whole Sanji stuff gets better and better

of course it is a sad backstory again but the whole concept of it isn't cookie cutter like everyone else

I mean even the whole "I got to laugh at you too so that I won't get bullied" and the coolnes of the Vegapunk and Germa stuff

pretty interesting and a breath of fresh air for One Piece that recently followed a cookie cutter pattern

One Piece Chapter 840

10/10 man the whole Sanji stuff gets better and better

of course it is a sad backstory again but the whole concept of it isn't cookie cutter like everyone else

I mean even the whole "I got to laugh at you too so that I won't get bullied" and the coolnes of the Vegapunk and Germa stuff

pretty interesting and a breath of fresh air for One Piece that recently followed a cookie cutter pattern

How are the other backstories "cookie cutter"? They're not even remotely similar to one another. In fact, what's a cookie cutter backstory? Anything that's remotely sad?

dani_dc

Watch both of these over the weekend. It was a great month for animated films with how much attendance and ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ they make. A lot of the showings for both were sold out, the former weeks after release, the latter selling out the weekend opening.

A Silent Voice film adaptation was phenomenal, Hayamin did really well as Nishimiya and seeing the animation for a lot of the scenes made me smile and really cry at the same time. It really does the original publication justice and it streamlines some of the pacing by focusing more on Ishida and Nishimiya so that the audience could follow better.

Really considering watching it again.

Cr6efNVUIAA0KUo.jpg

Glad to hear this, I can't wait to see this in a couple weeks, hoping for a good interpretation of DI-er-Ueno.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
How are the other backstories "cookie cutter"? They're not even remotely similar to one another. In fact, what's a cookie cutter backstory? Anything that's remotely sad?

I think it's largely someone important to them dies in the past, the reasons and build up are largely completely different but typically a father/mother figure get's killed

I think it's largely someone important to them dies in the past, the reasons and build up are largely completely different but typically a father/mother figure get's killed

Well Sanji's mom, and from his father's comments his love of cooking (or learning in general) seemed to have come from her, so...

you know

disease, suffering, family members dying, etc...

I don't mean all the backstories but eventually it came to the point that when we got Law's backstory it didn't hit me at all

Toriko

They found the ALL BLUE

shokugeki no soma 184

Its obvious Soma is going to win given the consequences, but it was nice to see him tell Hayama whats up. And since Hayama will lose, and might lose his elite 10 spot, he'll probably join Soma's rebel gang.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well Sanji's mom, and from his father's comments his love of cooking (or learning in general) seemed to have come from her, so...

She didn't die in the flashback after playing a major part or get grevious bodily harm (yet at least who knows). I'm guessing Oda will still clear from that though as Zeff does exist so Sanji already has that type of backstory so makes little sense to repeat with another character

One Piece 840

That cover art of the bears is probably the best one of all time.

Im kinda getting tired of Sanji getting into a fight and losing every single chapter. Like shit dude, we get it.

My Hero Academia Illegals 01

Nope.

Soma 184

Trite, boring and beyond predictable. At least Dojima was there.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Guys is there ANY possible evidence of the AoT author being a nazi sympathiser? I need it an argument, but cant find anything conclusive.
Sanji's dad is literally a nazi who is into eugenics. Acacia must be a monster to be worse.
So like hinata's dad in naruto?

Desmond

Probably been mentioned already, but issue 43 of Shonen Sunday announced that Silver Spoon is taking a hiatus again.

(Great chapter btw!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom