• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
grand blue 2

I don't think my college professors would be OK if I came to the first two days of class in just boxers.

Tomo 416 - 419

Tomo about to reck some kids.

Well, Prison School's ecchi is for a purpose (as well as generally being funny).

Tsugumomo's is...unsettling. I will at least compliment him that he draws a large variety of body types and his boobs vary in size and shape as well as depicting the folds and flabs that go on with people's bodies.

That said, just soldier through til you get to the combat.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 68-69

This arc's been incredible. Manly finish, those bears got fucked up.

The Promised Neverland ch. 7

This was much better than the past couple chapters, which were getting a bit slow for my tatstes. The demon designs are really cool - that panel of them at the table was fantastic - and I'm glad Emma's being, well, useful.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch420

Jun's got issues.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch39

That's as good a vocation as any!

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch9

She's such a badass.

Tejina Senpai ch29

A real cutie.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kuutei dragon 1
Queen Zaza, a specialized airship to hunt a dragon. A tales of a group of dragon hunter as they live their life hunting a dragon and proceed to eat a dragon meat.

The art is gorgeous, and i like the dragon design, it's not a lizard type but rather something similar to a slug with a bunch of tentacle.

The world building is great. It was established that the crew hunt a dragon to sell every part of them to customer to be used as a living commodity like oil, meat, or various tools while also preventing any dragon related calamity. In this chapter the author also establish that dragon hunter don't really have much reputation.

Read it if you want something similar to dungeon meshi.

Chio chan no tsugakoro 9
It still hilarious. Omg that face when they pound a bomb.

Tejina senpai 29
Fun box time. Man, assistant could get a GF right there if he stay a little longer.

When I saw the ToC I was so sad they did not pick Red Sprite, but then I got to the last page...perfect!!

So that means next week is double chapter for both?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm more disappointed they didn't say anything about Kochikame. I know it has no presence in the West, but something would have been nice.

Oh wait, it was in the Japanese Lesson at the end.

Zweizer

Banned
Nukoduke! ch84-85

Nukos make for the best helpers.

To this day I still wonder what kind of heartless monster could have abandoned them.

pbayne

Mysterious Girlfriend X 22

Ear licking, so lewd.

Riki-oh 1-8

Its like someone looked at JoJo and said "this is nowhere near manly or weird enough".

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Moujuusei Shounen Shoujo 1-3

Apparently bunny ears runs in the family. Picked this up on a whim last night still waiting for the big reveal where the big girl is revealed to be a big
werecat
baka. Also female dominance, so lewd.

The prey is alone.
6wqTc4v.jpg

*Cue Hungry Eyes*

Nukoduke! ch84-85

Nukos make for the best helpers.

To this day I still wonder what kind of heartless monster could have abandoned them.
That manga seems like what nekopara would have beeen if it wasnt trash.
Mysterious Girlfriend X 22

Ear licking, so lewd.

Riki-oh 1-8

Its like someone looked at JoJo and said "this is nowhere near manly or weird enough".
Ok i need to do some research, jojo cannot be topped in bizarre. It must first top it in out of context panels.

US Jump Impressions 9/19

One Punch Man

First half was boring and predictable, second half sets us up for a Genos jobber fight... woo can't wait for the next chapter ResidentSleeper

One Piece

Oh man its been awhile since One Piece has had a truly pure evil team of ass holes to hate. When Sanji finally gets to smack his family around its gonna be glorious.

World Trigger

The next squad battle once Hyuse joins is gonna be a rematch/stomp is my guess to establish how much Hyuse changes the game for Takoma. Chika really needs to get over her fear of shooting people with "real" bullets its almost as old as Osamu being garbage.

Black Clover

So I assume if the golden dawn doesn't end up collecitvely being the traitor group then they'll be the main rival for the upcoming tournament arc that'll probably be announced in the next few weeks. This is also one of the few times I approve jokes that tease at a yaoi ship since people in universe who know Asta and Yuno think they're dtl for each other.

Shokugeki no Soma

Doing it for Jun looks like what we all expected to happen months ago is now 100% confirmed to be happening. Somehow Soma will win because of Jun giving Soma some kind of ingrident that'll make Hayama think of her and realize he's doing things the wrong way and forfit.

Toriko

Aracia confirmed another terrible shonen dad
Starjun confirmed another best dead brother
Toriko confirmed another hax finale power up to win

If only this finale hadn't been warp speed this would probably have been more emotional then it ended up being.

The Promised Neverland

So looks like we have at least 4 parties at play all strive for different goals. I wonder if the other older girl helping Emma is going to join the team/be a chink in the armor that gets the kids busted.

My Hero Academia

I'm glad this test is over but it felt like kind of an odd way to rush the ending of the first test. They could always flesh this out a bit in the anime where some filler would be appropriate.

World Trigger 158

Fucking Ikoma is posing for the camera after his point. I love this guy, I hope he gets more appearances.

Looking forward to Hyuse next week.

By sheer chance I found that the author of Toumei Ningen no Koi, Ando Yuki, has a new collection of romantic short stories, Fushigi na Hito. This is pretty good shojo material, the author imo transcends genres and stereotypes.

There is something that I appreciate from an author that in barely 40 pages, it can make a nice powerful story with drama and a good resolution. The pure efficiency of it, how it shows so much stuff can be extraneous to the core of the story, and despite the limit in pages the writer doesn't have a problem transmitting the feeling of the characters to the audience, without making it forced.
It's hard to describe, like some kind of easiness you can notice coming from the author presenting the themes and elements in a way that it's sweet but not overbearing.

The drawing is clean and attractive for shojo standards, and the panelling can be nice from time to time, though it isn't the type of work it goes crazy in that regard.

The six stories that comprises this volume go from full romance stories to bittersweet ones with unrequited love to others that deal more with dramatic elements like the a parent's death (though still with romantic elements). There is one that it's a bit weaker than the others, 'The Demon Chloe', but it doesn't detract from an overall good volume of romance.

Noblesse 424

Man that guy really is fucking worthless

its unfortunate that it wasn't M21's fight to show it.

now lets see if "RIP those 4" will still hold true since they kinda have an idea about who Frankenstein is.

Moaradin

One Punch Man 98

I wish they would get back to the Garou stuff already. This tournament is just dull and it clearly just exist so the manga doesn't catch up to the webcomic

The Promised Neverland 7

The demon designs continue to be pretty rad

bobohoro

I eagerly await further Tsugumomo impressions. Always fun when people reach the chapters where the in your face ecchiness gets totally excessive and goes into unsettling territory. Coupled with the author's notes, which are bizarre, disturbing and rather entertaining, it makes for a wild ride. With many mixed feelings.

Tomo-chan 420

Tomo got hurt pretty badly for having that murder face.

Monster Musume 45

Bee girl still freaks me out. Kinda reminds me of a Mega Man villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom