• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk Man it's been awhile since I felt a hiatus hurt quite like this. Also, I am so torn between wanting Casca to be better, and my understanding of how the human mind works. Casca's memories aren't 'gone,' she's catatonic. It's coping mechanism where you shut out the world to protect the mind. I know Guts wants Casca back and all, but this ain't some magic spell, Casca was traumatized and who knows if she really wants to be back in the world. Boy... be nice if these question could be answered EARLY 2017!!!

This is what I've been afraid of. It'd be a real gut punch to everyone and who knows what the repercussions would be on the rest of the story. I'm a bit worried this might be what happens since things have been going a bit too well for Guts lately.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 35

Honestly, for all the build up to the home visit it was kinda...boring. There were only three funny/interesting things the whole chapter.

1. Hayasaka closing the door with like "NO ONE WILL KNOW"

2. Kaguya's eyes when she asks him about fireworks.

3. The fucking Shinomiya Precepts, jesus. That got really serious really fast (though I shouldn't be surprised, this is the guy who did ib). "Do not rely on others (they will use you). Do not accept from others (they will take from you). Do not love others (they will leave you)." Like hot damn.

dani_dc

Fuuka 125

I'm not sure why I'm still reading this, there's nothing left in this series, just some boring and badly written genius band drama.

For a series that started surprisingly pleasant and then had some really entertaining Seo drama, it sure fell into a cliff of boringness soon after Fuuka death.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Berserk may have put me in Dio's Casket but...

Kaguya 35

... has revive me with its sweetness.

SPOILERS NSFW
http://imgur.com/zihVlFI
END OF NSFW SPOILER.lol i kid
, but dont click if you plan to read it eventually

Right now is a great time for rom coms or just comedies in general.

Revo

Haikyuu 223

After being bathed in what the best of the nation can do, no surprise kageyama is feeling snippy at his team.

Zweizer

Banned
Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch34

Q7w2cDN.png

Aww~

She has grown so much within one year.

No new posts in 6 hours? But what else is there to do on a friday night other than sit at home and read manga?

anyway

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 11

princess is lewd

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I read manga, but not the kind you can post on GAF :p

Kaguya wants to be confessed to 35
A++ Doki doki, will consult to sigmund freud

Verelios

Fuuka 125

I'm not sure why I'm still reading this, there's nothing left in this series, just some boring and badly written genius band drama.

For a series that started surprisingly pleasant and then had some really entertaining Seo drama, it sure fell into a cliff of boringness soon after Fuuka death.
I'm not sure what you expected if you remember the opening to Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi, both great beginnings. Seo just likes to fuck over the fan base gradually, giving only a small dosage of hope every few chapters so you're trapped in this notion that things could be better, they were better, until everything falls to shit. The supporting characters (this is important!) always gradually see the error of their ways and forgive the MC and FL for any transgressions(yeah! Fuck sleeping around behind my GF!) while being completely tone deaf to their friends faults.

Wow, didn't mean to type all that. I just heard repeated praise for Fuuka when it started out and said I'm not going back.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch425

Once again the mother is the level-headed one.

Nomi Joshi ch18

Fresh food~

Must be tough doing this in old age.

Dansan Joshi ch20-21

Life is all about money and penises.

And nutsacks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 125

The problem is that the band stuff lacks impact since everyone in the band is portrayed as spineless. Even when they actively know what's wrong, they don't tell Yuu who for some reason is the only character who has any agency whatsoever.

Numb

to me to this day the most insane thing in Toriko is still Satan Hair which according to Sani a single string could make an entire planet a sterile, arid rock.
Remember that time Toriko and crew almost got bodied by just the aura coming from a 10000 yr old footprint?
Toriko is whack all around

From where is that image?

Sun Ken Rock, the prettiest and grittiest Korean Yakuza (or whatever it is in Korea) manga that started out awesome, continued to be awesome if pretty fucking sexist and then just kinda fell into a trash heap and burned alive in a dumpster fire.

It's still worth a read I'd say for the art and fights alone.

bobohoro

Berserk 347

So this is what it feels like to live through Berserk going on hiatus while being on top of things?
I knew 10 pages in just when and how it was gonna stop, to perfect a point not to leave readers hanging for a few months.

Boku Girl 78

Took the manga long enough for to come to this.
But everyone's probably just gonna be okay with it anyway.

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 5

Within five chapters they've eliminated my ability to respect myself by making it impossible to read this manga without a boner.

On the plus side, the exercises they introduce are actually accurate and nice to do. So there is that.

We got thicccccccc gyaru, abs gyaru and fit ojou-sama. This manga is straight dangerous.

balgajo

I'm not sure what you expected if you remember the opening to Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi, both great beginnings. Seo just likes to fuck over the fan base gradually, giving only a small dosage of hope every few chapters so you're trapped in this notion that things could be better, they were better, until everything falls to shit.
I didn't read Suzuka but Kimi no Iru Machi had a great beggining imo. I don't think that it is as bad as people say but I can point a lot of things I disliked after
main girl went to Tokyo. Also, before that, the scene where main guy punchs her brother in the face is cringeworthy(the only part from the beggining I disliked)

I dunno how Kimi no Iru Machi had a strong start. The MC makes me absolutely hate him in like two chapters. He's such a unlikeable whiny manchild that I can't bother to even finish that piece of shit. Then again not exactly fair since all of Seo's protagonists are awful human beings that don't deserve to be happy.

I dunno how Kimi no Iru Machi had a strong start. The MC makes me absolutely hate him in like two chapters. He's such a unlikeable whiny manchild that I can't bother to even finish that piece of shit. Then again not exactly fair since all of Seo's protagonists are awful human beings that don't deserve to be happy.

I don't think Yuu is that bad thus far. He does mope a lot, but since his girlfriend did literally get killed I don't think that's unreasonable. Dude's got some self-confidence issues but I think that's his thing to grow out of as the series progresses.

Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya 11-12

...well that turned my slice of life manga into SRS BSNS fucking quick.

Jesus christ, her wings.

Jintor

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 5

Within five chapters they've eliminated my ability to respect myself by making it impossible to read this manga without a boner.

On the plus side, the exercises they introduce are actually accurate and nice to do. So there is that.

We got thicccccccc gyaru, abs gyaru and fit ojou-sama. This manga is straight dangerous.

i want this

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya 11-12

...well that turned my slice of life manga into SRS BSNS fucking quick.

Jesus christ, her wings.
Brb adding that to the " must check out list"
lol I remember they were sweating and having heart attacks all around LMAO

of course that was after they almost got squashed by a steel foot lightning strike lol
Need details.

dani_dc

I'm not sure what you expected if you remember the opening to Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi, both great beginnings. Seo just likes to fuck over the fan base gradually, giving only a small dosage of hope every few chapters so you're trapped in this notion that things could be better, they were better, until everything falls to shit. The supporting characters (this is important!) always gradually see the error of their ways and forgive the MC and FL for any transgressions(yeah! Fuck sleeping around behind my GF!) while being completely tone deaf to their friends faults.

Wow, didn't mean to type all that. I just heard repeated praise for Fuuka when it started out and said I'm not going back.

That's the thing though, I do take enjoyment of all the bad drama and characters acting stupidly through Seo mangas, in fact I enjoyed Kimi No Iru Machi all the way to around chapter 100 (when both main characters get together) and I found Suzuka pretty entertaining, especially towards the ending.

Fuuka currently lacks all of that, it starts as a fun slice of life/romance,it tips it's toes into Seo drama culminating in
the death of the title character
, and then it becomes an uninteresting story about a band that's going to make it big because they're genius. There's no real stakes, drama or interesting/fun character relationships, it's just as bland as possible.

And bland is about the worst thing a piece of entertainment can be.

Quasar

That's the thing though, I do take enjoyment of all the bad drama and characters acting stupidly through Seo mangas, in fact I enjoyed Kimi No Iru Machi all the way to around chapter 100 (when both main characters get together) and I found Suzuka pretty entertaining, especially towards the ending.

Fuuka currently lacks all of that, it starts as a fun slice of life/romance,it tips it's toes into Seo drama culminating in
the death of the title character
, and then it becomes an uninteresting story about a band that's going to make it big because they're genius. There's no real stakes, drama or interesting/fun character relationships, it's just as bland as possible.

And bland is about the worst thing a piece of entertainment can be.

I'm not finding it bland, just that a full on band drama isn't quite what I started reading it for. It was if I'm honest the shared universe connection, the whole story about Suzuka's kid that had me interested initially.

And so I'm still reading it, just that I'm not waiting around for every chapter and instead dip back in every so often and read a bunch of chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I find Fuuka entertaining, including all the Seo stuff.

Nobody has really acted in a way that would induce rage so it's fine. It's pretty obvious Seo doesn't know shit about bands though.

I almost always have at least one series like this going though. I mean, I like all of the characters in Yamada and the Seven Witches way better than Fuuka but the last time character development or relevant plot happened in Yamada was chapter 90, several years ago. It somehow ends up less entertaining because there's not much to think about or criticize other than the lack of plot itself.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch426

She only ever played one game? Must be hella boring.

Henai Girl ch21-30

6Lghibu.png

Such an educational manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom