• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 1-4

1: Well I kinda expected things kick up a notch but this is ok I guess.

2: But wait!

3: Eh, I'll give it another chapter-

4: Oh boy, this is not going to end well.
RIP Asparagus that takes 3 years to harvest.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tweaked that last post, I could sense the vultures circling.

Super Danganronpa 2 - Chiaki Nanami's Goodbye Despair Quest 2

Mikan, please don't drag the pure-hearted Chiaki into your perverted posing predicaments, thanks. They're clearly taking a different angle with the heroine here, though most of the main events will seemingly play out the same way. For now, at least.

Some of us are at work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Isn't the underlying problem that all their new songs fucking suck?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
When you are reading a manga and find out that they switched publication.
Gr8JPJm.gif

And then you have to go through 5 chapters just trying to figure out the plot.
tumblr_n7dj75F8xN1td7vm8o1_400.gif

Soo in other news...
Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 11

Is this real life?.png.
This is fine.jpeg.

Angry Grimace

I believe UQ Holder comes back in a couple of days, also. No idea if there's a simulpub, I assume the Crunchyroll deal is done with the magazine switch.

Arabesque

I believe UQ Holder comes back in a couple of days, also. No idea if there's a simulpub, I assume the Crunchyroll deal is done with the magazine switch.

It's still the same publisher though. And they are doing a simulpub for AoT, which is in the same magazine as UQ Holder now.

It's more of a question of whether they remember to publish it on time or they do the same shoddy job and bring it out late.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 12
*gets flashback from an evil premonition*
... Reading this couldn't have all been for nothing. I got a great idea for what to post when greenwaves gets mentioned in OT again tho.

Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 13
giphy.gif

Do you want to wait to steal his heart in the beach chapter or just give him a heart attack right on the spot?

Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 14
"Im fine just watching from afar."
56d.gif

Oh yeah,
"Train noises"

I haven't read this many chapters in a short amount of time since I read that manga with killer giraffe head guy.

bobohoro

One Piece

Hmm, so Luffy got help from Nami in the end. I guess he's not ready for an emperor.

I mean, should he be? Time skip, Ray training and all, but Emperors are pretty much the final stop before the pirate king. I'm honestly surprised that he managed to take out Cracker as easy as that, but I still don't think Luffy is anywhere near the level of even an Admiral.

Their goal can only be to retrieve Sanji through a good plan and some good fortune, not take down Big Mom who is very much out of their league, even if they had all of the Strawhats in there together.

That said, they way Luffy handled the last fight, biscuit eating and gear foruth improvising on the spot, was pretty cool and showed some promising growth.

One Piece 842:
And that makes Nami's contribution to this arc. She'll have something else useful to do in 2019.

You realize the vivre card is going to come in handy lots of times, not to mention there are numerous female protagonists for her to potentially fight as well

I mean, should he be? Time skip, Ray training and all, but Emperors are pretty much the final stop before the pirate king. I'm honestly surprised that he managed to take out Cracker as easy as that, but I still don't think Luffy is anywhere near the level of even an Admiral.

It was more from finding his weakness though. Kind of like how he shouldn't have been able to take out Enel if not for his DF being a natural weakness. I like that every fight isn't simply brute force wins

upandaway

Their goal can only be to retrieve Sanji through a good plan and some good fortune, not take down Big Mom who is very much out of their league, even if they had all of the Strawhats in there together.

That said, they way Luffy handled the last fight, biscuit eating and gear foruth improvising on the spot, was pretty cool and showed some promising growth.
Yeah it did feel like a "level up" kinda fight, even if he didn't beat him alone. Not like I was expecting him to take down big mom but the chapter just sealed the deal. But consider how Luffy wasn't considered shichibukai level after beating a shichibukai, I did consider that kind of scenario happening again, but even her underlings are too much for him.

Lain

Welcome to the Ballroom Volume 1
Wkcc.jpg

For a first volume it wasn't bad, though it's not as grabbing for me as Subaru and Moon.
Looks like Fujita is the usual normal spineless guy with hidden talent not even he knows or realizes which will come out with some hard work and practice, or something. I could be off-base but that's the way he looked to me. It's not a bad thing per se but it feels a bit boring. Bonus point for at least trying to work on changing himself from the first volume, raising his status over some other main characters.
I didn't find the use the author did of Shizuku to be all that cool to be honest. Willingly or unwillingly, it did end feeling like she's more of an accessory than another main character or someone important to the story other than she's gorgeous in her dancing dress.

lol someone is reading the Ballroom manga

get read to suffer
with Hiatus

Anyway MangaGAF... quick question!!

QUICK

Soul Eater ---------> MANGA OR ANIME?!

I know it has a false ending but if it isn't that major or a big deal I want to watch the anime since BONES!!!!!

HURRY!!!! WHICH ONE!!!!!!

Numb

get read to suffer
with Hiatus

QUICK

I know it has a false ending but if it isn't that major or a big deal I want to watch the anime since BONES!!!!!

only ever saw the anime and was cool with it

Toriko 390

Feed him fiery emotion attacks

Anime, the manga gets really stupid later on.

only ever saw the anime and was cool with it

Toriko 390

Feed him fiery emotion attacks

These are wrong the anime betrays everything the series sets up with its garbage rushed ending. The manga ending gets a bit out there and doesn't resolve everything either but its a more satisfying experience then the anime even if the anime while canon is fantastic.

These are wrong the anime betrays everything the series sets up with its garbage rushed ending. The manga ending gets a bit out there and doesn't resolve everything either but its a more satisfying experience then the anime even if the anime while canon is fantastic.

Too late... already watching

that is why I said Hurry

--------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway this is apparently a thing

"Toriko" Presents A Three Course Celebration Of Japan's Nobel-Winning Biologist
This week, Tokyo Institute of Technology biologist Yoshinori Ohsum was awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy. You might have read about the subject in his papers published in Nature. Or, you might have read about it in 2009 when Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro's Toriko manga introduced it in Shonen Jump. To celebrate, the digital Jump+ platform is offering the relevant three chapters (48-50) for free through October 12th.

LMAO at this series

Too late... already watching

that is why I said Hurry

--------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway this is apparently a thing

LMAO at this series

Well when you get to the ending and flip a table worse then Toriko's anime ending I warned you, at least jump ship from anime to manga when you get to the divergent point.

Well when you get to the ending and flip a table worse then Toriko's anime ending I warned you, at least jump ship from anime to manga when you get to the divergent point.
well I could do that

don't make me remember that Rainbow Vampire Toriko again please
Jewel Meat saga helping Nobel Prize winners breaking new grounds, what a fantastic manga.

Toriko science here to help

now waiting for back channel to actually be a real thing

Lain

Soul Eater manga is mediocre.
Soul Eater anime is made by Bones, so the mediocrity becomes squared.

Really, the only way to win the Soul Eater game is to not participate. Or just look at the artbook, because the designs can be nice, while the drawing itself is mediocre to average, at least as the series starts out.

Jintor

Soul eater has great animation and the anime had hella sick design and beats. But it really falls off the rails about two thirds through

The manga is really off-putting. Ends much better than the anime though.

Still kinda want soul eater resonance

It's still the same publisher though. And they are doing a simulpub for AoT, which is in the same magazine as UQ Holder now.

It's more of a question of whether they remember to publish it on time or they do the same shoddy job and bring it out late.

Yeah, it coming out late was kinda annoying. I'd see people talking about the chapter, I'd go to crunchyroll to read it, and it would not be there.

Immortal Hounds 29

Oh man, they finally fucked.

I also love the main Investigator. He's the best. His just...blunt, emotionless everything is always amazing to watch other people react to. "If you get pregnant it's a good way to tell you're not infected. You should get married. We're done talking about that now. Let's break Rin out of prison"

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 144

...shaaaaaaaa...

Daingurse

Toriko 390

latest

This is pretty much about to be Toriko the next few chapters. The planet is fucking done, and has honestly had a very impressive run. Hell, it even looked like Midora was going to fucking finish the job lol. I found this chapter to be very entertaining. The hype behind this Third Demon is simply tremendous. Once Acacia consumes his "secret full course", which I assume is the planet Earth itself, then the Third Demon will finally appear appear. I think his very appearance will tear the universe asunder.

get read to suffer
with Hiatus

QUICK

Everyones already told you anime but atleast read the 3rd Blackstar vs Mifune Fight in the manga. Its around the part where the anime diverges from the manga i think so it should be fine.

The fight is much better in the manga.

Turok_TTZ

Im surprised you even remembered.

I didnt forget. Even saw some spoiler pics on 4chan. Akamatsu returns fools!

Loli Eva pleases me

elyetis

Welcome to the Ballroom Volume 1
Wkcc.jpg

For a first volume it wasn't bad, though it's not as grabbing for me as Subaru and Moon.
What the heck, it's actually licenced in the US ?! Strange choice given the hiatus, but I guess I found the first manga I actually need to import.

upandaway

Soul Eater manga is mediocre.
Soul Eater anime is made by Bones, so the mediocrity becomes squared.

Really, the only way to win the Soul Eater game is to not participate. Or just look at the artbook, because the designs can be nice, while the drawing itself is mediocre to average, at least as the series starts out.
Soul Eater manga has some really cool concepts/designs, vector medusa is probably my favorite. Not a lot of depth to anything but hey cool designs are cool designs.

Revo

My Hero Academia 109

rip romance

My Hero Academia 110

Really jacking up the difficulty huh. Big stain, getting his wish somewhat

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch434

It's not nice to play pranks on people!

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch144

Asahi doing all the work yet again.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch13

That's just a regular cat.

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ch16-16.5

He came dangerously close to the right answer.

My Hero Academia ch110

Rescuing is indeed more complex than just fighting. At least those who are only good at the latter will still get a chance to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom