• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You sir have taste. Dokgo was a great read and had really nice fight panels.
Funny thing is I thought it was gonna be like a juvenile prison story, but it was actually a school setting for the most part. Also while searching for new reading materials, I found that a lot of manhwas aren't very good unless they are popular.
Gotta remember to disable images when I browse NeoGAF in workplace.
Noscript is a god send if they allow add-ons at work computers. Because i wouldn't want my boss seeing the ads I'm seeing on gaf.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gotta remember to disable images when I browse NeoGAF in workplace.

It's the DTL Problem™. People get told to stop posting overly lewd images, and then stop, but start slowly ratcheting it up to smut again. DTL's hardly the only poster who does it, he's just the most prolific.

G.ZZZ

Amalgam of Distortion (New Series)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Haikyuu (CP)
Black Clover
Gintama
Samon-kun the Summoner (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Soma
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Yuragi-sou Yuuna-san
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Red Sprite
Welcome to Dance Club
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Love Rush - first rating
World Trigger
Toriko
Isobe Isobee

Issue #46
Intro: Youth Weapon Number One - New Series
CP: Amalgram of Distortion, Hinomaru Zumou

Looks like Love Rush is a bomb

Good

Toriko was too good for this world anyway
mjcry1.png

Zweizer

Banned
Showcase Girl (One-shot) by Shimazaki

Absolutely adorable short story about catgirls and their daily lives with a light side of yuri.

Totally innocuous catgirls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how in Shokugeki no Soma, the random female characters are describing Soma as looking plain and dopey, but the author keeps drawing him looking like a straight-up male lead from a shojo complete with jacket/no shirt:

fTw5bTl.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I like how in Shokugeki no Soma, the random female characters are describing Soma as looking plain and dopey, but the author keeps drawing him looking like a straight-up male lead from a shojo complete with jacket/no shirt:

fTw5bTl.png

Gotta cater to the fujoshi crowd. Soma storming out of bath, still wet, face 2 face with hayama. The doujin write itself

Red through all of "The Promised Neverland"

unlike Red Sprite this series is well paced and doesn't suffer from rushed character development

Don't get me wrong Red Sprite is nice to read but he raced through the beginning like nothing and other then their personalities the characters don't have anything backing them or their world

it is shell-like

even Toriko had more in the beginning

I was gonna shitpost about toriko again but a mod might smell me again

Daingurse

I was gonna shitpost about toriko again but a mod might smell me again

Hahahaha. Even with the hyper accelerated pacing--which is disappointing--Toriko is greatness. It just brings me a really high level of enjoyment for a weekly shonen. I can't relate to some of ya'll in here.

mdubs

Banned
Amalgam of Distortion (New Series)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Haikyuu (CP)
Black Clover
Gintama
Samon-kun the Summoner (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Soma
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Yuragi-sou Yuuna-san
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Red Sprite
Welcome to Dance Club
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Love Rush - first rating
World Trigger
Toriko
Isobe Isobee

Issue #46
Intro: Youth Weapon Number One - New Series
CP: Amalgram of Distortion, Hinomaru Zumou

Looks like Love Rush is a bomb

Good
Surprised at Red Sprite's low rating tbh

Hahahaha. Even with the hyper accelerated pacing--which is disappointing--Toriko is greatness. It just brings me a really high level of enjoyment for a weekly shonen. I can't relate to some of ya'll in here.

which makes you think what would happen if Mitsutoshi was free from restraints and rushing
again for the 1000,0000 time I'll repeat my dream scenario

no censorship, or rushing or cuts

maybe even monthly and 55 pages too boot

Revo

Baby Steps 273

Never actually heard of beach tennis.

Baby Steps 274

Big Kanda, being the number filler.

Baby Steps 275

Didn't expect another tournament so soon.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 230

Not sure if Andre's in heaven or hell right now.

Helck ch. 77.1

Not even Helck can stop Helck.

Toriko WAS good in a legitimate way early on. Now it's good in a "let's see what dumb shit happens" kind of way. I'd say it probably took an enormous digger to it's quality as soon as the power creep started getting out of control, they concentrated on capture levels too much and pretty much kept timeskipping important events most notably Komatsu's rescue. It just got killed by really really nonsensical pacing.

Numb

You are reading Toriko like usual one day and the next thing you know shit hits the fan and never stops getting more and more out of control
Fun ride tho

dramatis

There is no lewd manga gaf or BL manga gaf, there's only the united manga gaf

We survived the shounen civil wars of the past, but take care we don't go full animegaf please

LeleSocho

Banned
Speaking of Toriko...
Toriko - 390

Even Speedwagon is afraid of the appetite that lurks inside Toriko.
ALSO HE'S BACK AWWWW YISSSSSS

[Fugo]

Toriko 390

So much violence lol.

Midora's tongue whip was insane! Neocacia is turning into a Devilman villain at this point

Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san 34

Oh man, I laughed pretty hard when the flashback kept going showing like...the same panels and he was like "These flashbacks are taking way too long!"

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch433

You already praised her, no backsies.

Prison School ch230

Andre sure is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and must probably love it.

One Piece ch842

That was a surprisingly brief fight ultimately.

Joshikausei ch54

Marathons suck.

Bright and Cheery Amnesia ch1

n6QMNYH.png

Damn! You! Amnesia!

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch18

Satsuki telling it like it is.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
And I thought those American 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 manga books were too big and cumbersome.
Cicc.jpg

Not sure what the point of a bigass book like that. That's going to be a nightmare to read.

8 Tales of ZQN

Anthology based around "I Am Hero" featuring prominent author such as Junji Ito (Gyo, Uzumaki, cat diary), Yokoyari Mengo (Retort Pouch, Kimi wa midara boku no jou), Nogizaka Taro (team medical dragon, yuureito), Ishizuro Masakazu (Soredemo machi wa mawatteiru, Getenrou) and 4 others.

My top 3 stories from the anthology:
1. The places where the zombies are
A dark comedy about society after getting ravaged by ZQN and humanity trying to fix infrastructure using ZQN, remind me of Shaun of the dead ending.

2. She is a slow walker
A man and woman argue which one is the best kind of zombies, the lumbering slow one or the fast runner type. Then ZQN infection happen. I love their argument, it seem to be the kind that still debated to this day by zombies fan (lol)

3. I am not a hero
A group of students trying to escape from school. I like the cast and the students attempt to avoid being attacked by ZQN.

Special mention to I Am Hero Untold creation story where we get to see Kengo Hanazawa background and what his assistant and editor thinks about him. It also confirm one of my suspicion that Ressentiment got axed, hence why the final arc is so damn rushed. Kengo Hanazawa himself is a perfectionest and does thing similar to what method actor does when making manga. He goes to suicide forest and camp there, being in the place where dead body just got found, practicing with gun, and many other things.

Give it a read if you're a fan of I Am Hero or zombie manga in general.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 71

Texas Hokkaido Chainsaw Massacre.

One Piece ch. 842

It's cool Nami ended up being pretty helpful in this fight. Also glad this didn't drag out, as I'd like to see them move beyond the forest now.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Not sure what the point of a bigass book like that. That's going to be a nightmare to read.

8 Tales of ZQN

Anthology based around "I Am Hero" featuring prominent author such as Junji Ito (Gyo, Uzumaki, cat diary), Yokoyari Mengo (Retort Pouch, Kimi wa midara boku no jou), Nogizaka Taro (team medical dragon, yuureito), Ishizuro Masakazu (Soredemo machi wa mawatteiru, Getenrou) and 4 others.

My top 3 stories from the anthology:
1. The places where the zombies are
A dark comedy about society after getting ravaged by ZQN and humanity trying to fix infrastructure using ZQN, remind me of Shaun of the dead ending.

2. She is a slow walker
A man and woman argue which one is the best kind of zombies, the lumbering slow one or the fast runner type. Then ZQN infection happen. I love their argument, it seem to be the kind that still debated to this day by zombies fan (lol)

3. I am not a hero
A group of students trying to escape from school. I like the cast and the students attempt to avoid being attacked by ZQN.

Special mention to I Am Hero Untold creation story where we get to see Kengo Hanazawa background and what his assistant and editor thinks about him. It also confirm one of my suspicion that Ressentiment got axed, hence why the final arc is so damn rushed. Kengo Hanazawa himself is a perfectionest and does thing similar to what method actor does when making manga. He goes to suicide forest and camp there, being in the place where dead body just got found, practicing with gun, and many other things.

Give it a read if you're a fan of I Am Hero or zombie manga in general.
Yeah one of the things I noticed about I am not a Hero is that the first volume is just the first day of Shaun of the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom