• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 607

Lololololololol it is suppose to be a serious situation but leave it to Sirachi to add comedy Zaidi

Nanatsu no Taizai

He turned into a father figure... while Melodias returned into a ruthless killer

mdubs

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 145

Here I am catching up all innocently and sweet lord this panel

972f2484c6.jpg

YyHnM9L.gif

Help

Quasar

Nana to Kaoru 154 - Really liked that chapter. Made me feel much more positive about the end where I was feeling it was going to end on a down note, esp given I wasn't enjoying this final arc. Still sad I'm not getting the time-jump past the end of Black Label that I always wanted though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dansan Joshi 22
NIPPLE CHOCOLATE
PENIS CHOCOLATE
ACCIDENTAL BALL HANDLING
Dammit Mizu Asato, lay off the drug will ya?

Attack On Titan 86

The reveal was good. The basement trip was fucking worth it. We get a glimpse of what happening on the outside and the reason why royalty hide their history from their people. So yeah, i expect good thing happening. Though really, expecting a 7 y.o child to do your bidding is stupid.

Tomo-chan wa onna no ko 437

Feeling a bit jelly eh, Misuzu?

Revo

Magi 320

No going back for Sinbad.

Magi 321

In the end, he's just really greedy huh.

Magi 322

Welp, just got smashed like it's nothing.

Magi 323

Well okay then.
RIP Sinbad tho.

Attack on Titan 86

Wow I wasn't expecting the answer to feel as earned as it did but I'm impressed. This one chapter solidified a lot of the big ? That have hung over this series from the beginning while raising a few new/good ones. Which faction marley or eldia does Annie and Reiner belong to? Will our main characters attempt to remake Eldia or form a new kingdom seperate of those two factions? Its a very exciting time for AoT

UQ Holder 129

So happy this is back not sure how Touta survives a battle with the life maker directly but should be awesome anyways.

Wiseblade

I must have blocked out the Keijo anime news, because I was legit shocked when I saw it on Crunchyroll. I probably shouldn't have been though, it's arguably less lewd than Prison School or Monster Musume.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 505

yah yah,he is not going to die,even if he die,i don't care.

also,most likely she is going to use enchant again to revive all the Soldiers.

Golden Kamui 72

I didn't expect a chapter filled with so much black humor. Amazing.

Me and the Devil's Blues 31

Fantastic. There is no doubt Hiramoto is a master mangaka and one of the best working today.

Attack on Titan 86

Wow I wasn't expecting the answer to feel as earned as it did but I'm impressed. This one chapter solidified a lot of the big ? That have hung over this series from the beginning while raising a few new/good ones. Which faction marley or eldia does Annie and Reiner belong to? Will our main characters attempt to remake Eldia or form a new kingdom seperate of those two factions? Its a very exciting time for AoT

Unifying humanity, guaranteed. I mean, it's eren. pick the most stupid option available and that's what he'll always try to do.

annie and reiner belong to Mare, which is something that was shown via reiner calling eren's half-brother their leader/captain, and, as we saw, his half-brother is 100% mare to the point of betraying his parents.

Sisters (NSFW one-shot)

QzGNJpU.png

"Title is accurate. 10/Zweizer." - Zweizer
"I didn't see that twist cumming." - PK Gaming
"Some of us are at work." - Angry Grimace

From eye-licking to animal girls, and now to onee-chans. This has the potential to be the [best/worst] yuri compilation of all time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The entire plot of AOT being about a conflict over crude oil mining rights is pretty funny though.

Unifying humanity, guaranteed. I mean, it's eren. pick the most stupid option available and that's what he'll always try to do.

annie and reiner belong to Mare, which is something that was shown via reiner calling eren's half-brother their leader/captain, and, as we saw, his half-brother is 100% mare to the point of betraying his parents.

Oh right I forgot we had been introduced to Zeke a few chapters ago as the Beast Titan.

Edit: I get why now I thought they were hinting that "Eren's father" wasn't who we thought he was, I didn't realize they were going for a family connection with that panel.

Gunjou Gakusha Volume 1

It's always good to check that authors who have a previous work that I loved, like in this case Akie Irie, author of Ran and the Gray World, are indeed good authors and not a one-work geniuses that are remembered for a single noteworthy thing, as they can maintain the same consistent quality in other stories, in this case Gunjou Gakusha (Ultramarine Schooldays).

So yeah, this is another seinen (seinen/shojo/josei? it's the type of work that's hard to classify) compilation of short stories that I read, in this case of 4 volumes, although I only read the first one. And it's lovely. Great drawing too, playful and expressive. And she is one of these female authors who really knows how to draw lovely women, too.

There is a mix of fantasy, supernatural/nature, mostly romance, and some comedy in there. A little summary:

•Window to the spirit world
Perhaps the weakest one, just a small glimpse to a supernatural world.

•The Trapped Princess
A pick-up love story with a slightly tsundere girl. Good banter, and attention to small body gestures, where the hidden and superficial feeling fight each other. Nice.

• Teacher and I
Boys discussing important, vital stuff like if their teacher is wearing a bra or not. A funny, cute story of a crush with an older teacher.

• Flower's cavalier
Another funny story, this time in a fantasy medieval setting. The enemy has captured the princess and her retinue. Who is the hidden princess? Could you guess? Some gender-bender thrown in here.

• Pink chocolate
Modern world. Scientists do... a love potion! It's time to run a small internal trial run.
A very subtle love story of repressed feelings and conflicting emotions, there is an entire story told through small gestures and stolen glances. Her reactions and the questions of why? is the key, it's all about what's left unsaid.
My theory is she was asking, given how 'hot' she was feeling, and that he is a man, why he wasn't 'attacking' her; Was she that ugly or unlikable to him that even with the love potion he didn't feel anything? While it's the other way around if you are attentive, the sweat, the looks, the slight tremble of his hands, he wants her, but precisely because he doesn't hate her but is in love with her, he is bravely holding up for he sake.
Some great illustrations like this.

• Forest of wonder
Not a lot of story here, just showing off her pencil skills. Good handling of light and shadows, and she captures different vibes of the same forest pretty well.

• White fire (three parts)
The longest one for now, though really it's at the core a very simple story of a girl with money problems and his boyfriend, where the things get complicated because of the money, and the suspicions and paranoia it brings. So romance/drama. In the end the
cause of the problems was her big brother who was the BIGGEST ASSHOLE EVER, and it's solved easily with her going to live with the bf
. It totally succeeds in making you root for the couple and it makes you wish the brother would be reduced to a bloody pulp, there are also some good details like how it's clear they have a relationship hidden at school, they are the typical smart girl and the bad boy, but it's never mentioned.

• Albertina
A classical tsundere (m..me? I don't like him!) story of a incredibly beautiful lady, waitress, accustomed to the looks and sighs of all men, who falls for the only guy who totally ignores here. Despite the stereotype, the execution elevates it. Great composition, for example:

I really like her penciling skills and framing of panels.

Also, I just learned that Kobayashi Yu is only 3 years older than me. When I go to Japan I'll have to find some way to invite her out for drinks and try to wife her.

Side Note: The Maria-Holic opening might be one of the best openings of all time.

Quasar

Chihayafuru 173 - Finally some kind of response to the confession some 50 chapters after the fact. Not that it was an actual answer.

Ane Naru Mono 1-6 - Pretty special, that ear cleaning was.

turmoil

Banned
AoT

At first, I was enthusiastic about this new world building arc and the revelation, but it feels somewhat like a repeated theme, nazi-esque oppression, oil conflicts, titans being like medieval ICBMs... it's like it's forcing our world into the manga, I wanted the outside world to have its own personality.

Tomo 436 - 437

Fluff putting those moves on Tomo, then making Misuzu jealous.

Sisters (NSFW one-shot)
"Title is accurate. 10/Zweizer." - Zweizer

Sisters by Shimazaki

Titile is accurate. 10/Zweizer.

lol

Sisters (NSFW one-shot)
"I didn't see that twist cumming." - PK Gaming

Sisters

Sheesh, this was kind of heavy. Can't say I hated it though, it certainly had a morbid appeal.

hey, that's not what you were supposed to say

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Koishirete Uwabami! (Fate/Grand Order doujinshi) by SolopipB

Haven't played Grand Order yet (and I don't think I ever will), so I'mm unfamiliar with the characters, but it's SolopipB, so I felt obligated to give it a read, and it certainly features the usual stuff you'd expect, chiefly a very affectionate monster girl.

Not as good as the moth girl series, but was enjoyable nevertheless.

Based SolopipB.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch438

Prepare for trouble!

Nukoduke! ch86-87

There's no place like home.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch62-63

Kanba sure is getting more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom