• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Blue 12

I don't think human can consume that high of a alcohol....
528e6937952a2.image.jpg

same difference.

Nisekoi 229.5

Wah? their children?

kinda sad that they didn't really show anything and also the fact that the kids somehow don't know each other... which is odd

Kingdom 491

Ribouku is trying his hardest to intimidate

Also it seems the Hi Shin Unit might finally get archers

Nisekoi 229.5

Wah? their children?

kinda sad that they didn't really show anything and also the fact that the kids somehow don't know each other... which is odd
Onodera still holding that L

It seems like she moved out of town at one point so Onodera's daughter grew up somewhere else

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 72

Even with how crazy this manga's been, this chapter still caught me off guard.

The asshole hat was amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Amalgam of Distortion 1

New Jump Start.
Good art, nice dark premise, hopefully it lasts. I wouldn't mind seeing this in English Jump (better than Love Rush at least)

World Trigger 160

Just going by Hyuse's comment to Osamu, I can see them losing their next match because of him going against orders. Either that, or Osamu somehow stepping up and earning his respect. And finally, the last two Tamakoma members are appearing next chapter.

bobohoro

Yeah, this arc might test the limits of Luffy's power in a way noone had anticipated.

Tomo-chan 438

Welcome back Jun. Didn't miss you.

mdubs

Banned
Amalgam of Distortion 1

New Jump Start.
Good art, nice dark premise, hopefully it lasts. I wouldn't mind seeing this in English Jump (better than Love Rush at least)

I liked this a lot too. I hope it sticks around. I think it probably had the best first chapter out of the last 4 big Jump Starts

14-Sai no Koi volume 6 Part Deux

So I was wrong, the ones who totally stole the limelight in this volume is not the main couple (who are pretty sweet but stable and their scenes are a bit samey at this point) but Tanaka and the teacher Hinohara.
Their serious moment was great and kind of hot, the tension was up in the air, and she solves it perfectly playing the mature, sophisticated woman card and going out with style when the bell rings, while teasing him at the same time. Perfect. Except of course we see later the reality, it was a facade
It was a hilarious moment, I almost fall down from the chair.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
14-Sai no Koi volume 6 Part Deux

So I was wrong, the ones who totally stole the limelight in this volume is not the main couple (who are pretty sweet but stable and their scenes are a bit samey at this point) but Tanaka and the teacher Hinohara.
Their serious moment was great and kind of hot, the tension was up in the air, and she solves it perfectly playing the mature, sophisticated woman card and going out with style when the bell rings, while teasing him at the same time. Perfect. Except of course we see later the reality, it was a facade

It was a hilarious moment, I almost fall down from the chair.

That sounds pretty great, I think I'm going to pick this up.

US Shonen Jump 10/10

Amalgam of Destruction 1

Very strong start copies a bit hard from YYH with how our mc gets sucked into this super natural world but his power seems like it'll be really cool. I'm surprised how little this first chapter actually explained what was going on, first chapters in Jump are usually very exposition heavy but this chapter leaves both our mc and the audience in the dark behind almost everything in this world. Outside of going on a date our mc has no motivation and is disconnected from whatever conflict he's gotten sucked into.

My Hero Academia 110

Glad we're rushing to the introduction of the villain element in this test the last test really dragged. I feel this scenario of rescue people with a villain is gonna help UA succeed because they've dealt with this situation before on multiple occasions thanks to their connection with All Might.

The Promised Neverland 10

So the traitor has to be one of the other two older kids since they're the only other children who've been named up to this point and both of them have had panels where they've seem suspicious. The Norman drawing of not wanting to lose to Mom again was Deathnote as fuck and I loved it.

One Piece 842

Solid chapter nami making the biscuits wet so Luffy can eat them was clever break next week though :(

Seraph of the End 50

This chapter took like a 90 degree turn and now I'm really baffled as to whats going on. At least it ended on a strong note of archer boy realizing the vamp that murdered his sister is right there.

Food Wars/Shokugeki no Soma 186

I guess those little girls weren't so little after all, or did the mangaka age them up for the lewd obediant dog picture? Fairly standard Soma Shokugeki chapter next week is when the real meat begins.

Red Sprite 7

There we go the second main fighter I felt the series needed. Alfred seems pretty dope looking forward to seeing him and Tatsu fighting some legit threats.

Black Clover 81

Back to back feels chapters, its cliche shonen but considering how the Black Bulls have been depicted up to this point seeing them rally around Asta is really awesome. Looks like we'll learn more about Vanessa and witches next time.

Toriko 390

Toriko would end with an eating contest Kappa

Love Rush 7

I'll admit this chapter got the first chuckle out of me with the shake moment between kokoroko and the dog girl. Its also nice to see a harem girl in a harem series basically acknowledge "I don't need to love you just find you physically attractive for maiting" perhaps this happens more often in monster girl series which I don't read.

World Trigger 160

Hyuse has gone full Vegeta which makes sense, next match should be a stomp just to show how powerful the team now is with him on it.

Blue Exorcist 83

Well that didn't go the direction I expected from last week. At least the stuff with Lightning at the end was cool.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden kamuy 72
Holy shit, this chapter is insaaaaane. In a good way.

Kuutei dragon 2
2 billion down the drain, but at least the fried dragon was good...

Grand blue 12
Bro backstab their bro. They are truly BFF

Lain

Sweetness & Lightning Volume 2
ODcc.jpg

Content of the volume was as sweet as that cover. Tsumugi makes the best reaction faces: the disgusted face after eating bitter green peppers, the laughing face when she says she'll wait for Maiko to poop, the nomnom face when she's stuffing her mouth with the delicious food she, Kouhei and Kotori prepared together.
Kotori shows some nice happines expressions as well when cooking together with the other two.
Plot wise there isn't much movement but that's fine, the relationships and interactions between the characters is what I'm interested in and the food stuff is quite nice, complete with recipes I might try to give a shot at sometimes.

gintama 607

lol, the shinsengumi is back, but it looks like nothings changed at all.

devil's line 1 - 12

Saw this mentioned a few pages back, so I gave it a try. Wasn't too into it at the start, but after about 5 chapters or so I started to like it. I'll be keeping up with this one.

need help, anyone remember the name of a manga where a shy high school waitress fell in love with her middle aged restaurant manager?

The art is kinda School Rumble-ish.

JulianImp

Hey guys! I've finally gotten my hands on some manga that isn't Umineko (which was good, even thought I'm still missing Ep7Vol8 and Ep8Vol8 to complete my Eps1-8 collection).

Copy-pasting from the Anime OT:

Tetsugaku Letra - Volume 1
This... was just too good.

Using up a sixth of the manga's space until the main character finally gathers the courage to move onwards would be a risky proposition in most cases, but here it was masterfully handled, with great pacing and lots of very touching moments. The way Kamitaka's personality, fears and aspirations were laid out and expanded upon in this very first volume is unlike most of the anime I've been watching as of late, and I'm very glad I picked the series up.

The way he slowly broke out of the shell he had erected around himself felt way more natural for his character than him just picking flamenco up as soon as he had swapped shoes with the girl, and the circumstances and thought process that led to him finally mustering the courage to try flamenco out were handled in an awesome way that really fit his personality and background. Most of them were crazy coincidences, yeah, but to me everything flowed perfectly from one scene to the next, and the comedy bits that showed up every now and then weren't crazy mood whiplashes like in KimiUso, while still fulfilling their purpose of giving me a gentre respite in between sad, dramatic and heartwarming scenes (I'm okay with banzai grampa, since he does play the part of a doting grandparent on top of going "banzai!" in moments that at least feel mildly appropriate).

I think I can't get started with the second volume fast enough... Again, many thanks to striferser for recommending this to me!

Iinazuke Kyoutei 33

hmm, some interesting information about Tamayo was revealed. Hopefully Tomo's determination isn't affected after hearing about it.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 33

I think Hibari is trying too hard to beat her sister.

jman2050

Tomo-chan 439

Hahahaha yeah Tomo, that's not happening. Sorry to say.

Guess it's time for another shopping trip with Misuzu and Carol.

LeleSocho

Banned
*ignores 14 Sai no Koi because has been left behind in the dust and can't read new chapters and is super jealous that other can*

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 439

I, for one, approve these new swimsuits overlords.

Revo

Fairy Tail 505

Sometimes you just have to sacrifice yourself even if you don't have to.
Need that cool moment of death.

Moaradin

Amalgam of Distortion 1

Wasn't super into this. Couldn't help but chuckle at how comically evil the scientist chick was. And the reason he survived getting completely skewered with bones was because he wanted to go on a date? Sure...

The art was pretty nice at least. Kimimaro bone powers could potentially be interesting. I'll give it a few more chapters to see if it grabs me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hey guys! I've finally gotten my hands on some manga that isn't Umineko (which was good, even thought I'm still missing Ep7Vol8 and Ep8Vol8 to complete my Eps1-8 collection).

Copy-pasting from the Anime OT:

Tetsugaku Letra - Volume 1
This... was just too good.

Using up a sixth of the manga's space until the main character finally gathers the courage to move onwards would be a risky proposition in most cases, but here it was masterfully handled, with great pacing and lots of very touching moments. The way Kamitaka's personality, fears and aspirations were laid out and expanded upon in this very first volume is unlike most of the anime I've been watching as of late, and I'm very glad I picked the series up.

The way he slowly broke out of the shell he had erected around himself felt way more natural for his character than him just picking flamenco up as soon as he had swapped shoes with the girl, and the circumstances and thought process that led to him finally mustering the courage to try flamenco out were handled in an awesome way that really fit his personality and background. Most of them were crazy coincidences, yeah, but to me everything flowed perfectly from one scene to the next, and the comedy bits that showed up every now and then weren't crazy mood whiplashes like in KimiUso, while still fulfilling their purpose of giving me a gentre respite in between sad, dramatic and heartwarming scenes (I'm okay with banzai grampa, since he does play the part of a doting grandparent on top of going "banzai!" in moments that at least feel mildly appropriate).

I think I can't get started with the second volume fast enough... Again, many thanks to striferser for recommending this to me!

Glad you like it :D

14 no koi vol.6
This is great. Special mention to infirmary teacher giving some nice consulting.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch439

That's all she needs~

Nukoduke! ch88

Not fair.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch13

Good thing she has no interest in slaughtering the hell out of them.

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san ch20

It's tough to take care of a not-so-ghost girl~

14 no koi vol.6
This is great. Special mention to infirmary teacher giving some nice consulting.

Infirmary teacher seems to have some feeling for her friend, so there are four people with a crush for her: infirmary teacher, female student discovering she likes girls, creepy male 3rd year student, and the 'delinquent' singer.

I think my favorite section of Tetsugaku Letra was actually the small subplot with the fat friend and the bitchy girl he had a crush on. It was just handled very...realistically and well. He likes her just because she made him feel useful for a second and he desperately wants to be useful or worth knowing to somebody and people both can't understand why he even likes her or why she even likes her boyfriend who treats her like shit. So they're united in the same feeling of liking somebody and knowing their good points that no one else sees and when it comes to a head with the boyfriend shitting on the guitar she worked hard for and bought with fatty, her taking it out on him and then the fat kid running into the boyfriend as he's throwing the guitar away you'd figure it'd go super shoujo or melodramatic but instead they just...talk. And when fatty tells the boyfriend she yelled at him he looks so sad when he says "So, she can yell at you?" and explains all this time he had been trying to get her to be real with him, to get some emotion that wasn't fake complacency. And yeah he's a shitbag but as the flashback shows, from the very first meeting with her he told her that and he obviously has problems with liking himself. So when the girl meets the boyfriend and gives him an attitude he seems to brighten up for the first time in the entire storyline and though it hurts the fat friend he's at least happy he was useful to her. And that's it. He doesn't get with her, they're never seen again. That's just it.

It was really moving.

Magi 324
David got BTFO and ill Allah no longer a threat. Sinbad pulls a just as keikau moment as he reveals David was his puppet all along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom