• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorohedoro

Holy shit these most recent two chapters are dropping bombs.

THIS MANGA HAS BEEN IN IT'S ENDING ARC FOR LIKE 60% OF IT'S RUN

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 13

Lost it at the Pac-man ghosts in the labyrinth she cuts through.

Tomo-chan up to date
How can it be so easy for me to not keep up with this thing daily anymore when each chapter is a single fucking strip?

Oh well. Cotton Candy continues to be the best, and I'm curious to see Tomo try and rep that swimsuit at the beach.

Nukoduke ch.88
...seriously, what's keeping her from just following Yuuya around at all times? She clearly isn't bound to the same apartment, she moved to their new place eventually.

Still, anything with Inori never fails to be both heartwarming and a little sad. God dammit.

Do You Like Big Girls? Ch. 26
Head injuries are a serious problem. Though given Souta's specific case, I can't tell if this helps his sister complex much or not.

Monster Musume 46

46803509624zms4l.png

Fantastic chapter for a number of reasons: 1. Mushroom girl is hyper cute. 2. Screen time for Manako (and MON). 3. See 1 above. 4. Extra Dr. Hitomi swimsuit page. 5. See 3 above. Seriously, Kino is unbearably cute and needs to be a full time party member. I'm not going to think too hard about what happens if a vampire sucks a zombie's blood.

Noblesse

Man these guys are arrogant as fuck, nice to see them getting their shit kicked in.

Also looks like Rael is doing well as the new family leader.

And dat last page *pours 40*

Revo

Toriko 390

Poor earth, having to take all this abuse.
Think at this point the only thing it hasn't been hit with is a giant ass drop.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man 103

Holy shit that was a pretty beefy chapter. Also Drive Knight's power is pretty fucking cool. I don't think we see him do a thing in ONE's version except talk to Genos after Boros attacks the Hero Headquarters. Cool to see a lot of the S Class Heroes and another hero we saw nothing of in ONE's version was Watchdog Man. Seems he's not like King and is the real deal. Hoping he stomps Garou but we shall see.

When the #€@|& are they going to end the manga. I'm waiting to restart the series when it's finished. I stopped like 5 volumes ago.

Well I thought it was ending soon with the events of these past two chapters considering they were pretty decisive but NOPE there was ANOTHER LEVEL of plan that we sorta already knew about but it finally came to a head and now I have no fucking idea where this manga is going.

Pretty terrifying art in the last chapter tho

Zweizer

Banned
One-Punch Man ch67

Genos is such a scrub compared to Drive Knight.

Monster Musume ch46

Kino has a nice design. Hopefully she'll be a recurrent character.

Do You Like Big Girls? ch26

This solves everything, yet solves nothing somehow.

I have a real problem with reading a lot of LN adaptations of "transported to a magical world" shit. I find that trope to be enjoyable, maybe cause I grew up on a lot of kids books that had the same premise like the Narnia books or shit like that. I actually don't mind them being super tropey mostly because I know what I'm getting into with them. What I'm trying to say is I started Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat and I don't feel bad about it cause we just got to the tan girl with big tits and I'm weak.

Edit: Shit she's 14, fucking Japan, fucking cut it out

Iron knight 1-17.5

This was soo good! I LOVE the artstyle so much! Teppei, his Iron knight form and the goblins were all so well designed.

At first I was scared that since this was a cancelled series that the end might be crazy rushed, but to my pleasant surprise it wasn't. This was a well condensed 3 volume story. Sure this probably wasn't planned that way, but the author sure did a great job tying things up at the end.

The actions scenes were all well done and very well detailed apart from maybe 1 or 2 lazy pages.

The two complaints I have is that some panels were kinda blank and that flame of origin ending was clearly meant for a longer running series.

Since Red Sprite is such a hit for me I had to check the author previous work. This a thing I like to do with artist I like and boy I am happy I did! I really loved Iron knight.

Anyone could suggest something similar? If it had a similar art style it wouldbe great.

PK Gaming

It's Not My Fault-

My cousin has developed an incestuous lesbian crush on me because I broke her mind last summer, and when I tried to turn her straight it backfired and now she thinks i'm a lesbian furry

T8ABKio.png

Dtz43oF.png

jman2050

It's Not My Fault-

My cousin has developed an incestuous lesbian crush on me because I broke her mind last summer, and when tried to turn her straight it backfired and now she thinks i'm a lesbian furry

http://i.imgur.com/T8ABKio.png[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Dtz43oF.png[img][/QUOTE]

I haven't caught up in Watamote in quite some time but now I'm [i]really[/i] curious to see what the heck led to all this.

Jump Issue 46 Rankings
Spring Weapon No.1 (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
1. My Hero Academia
2. Black Clover
Everyone's Kochikame (Mini Series)
Amalgam of Distortion (CP)
3. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
4. The Promised Neverland
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
5. Kimetsu no Yaiba
6. Haikyu!!
7. Samon the Summoner
8. World Trigger
9. Love Rush! (Second Ranking, up from 11th of 13th in debut Ranking)
10. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
11. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
12. Toriko
13. Red Sprite (First Ranking)
14. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
15. Gintama
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~ (Palette Cleanser)

Key notes: Promised Neverland finding a healthy ranking area, Love Rush looking like it might recover from its bad first week ranking. Ugly first ranking from Red Sprite but not completely surprised, and wow at Souma, wonder if Japan is finally fed up with it as we are.

Ascheroth

Wow, Soma dead last since Gintama doesn't really count anymore. I wonder if that was one of the 'rigged exam' chapters?
Also good luck Red Sprite. Not exactly looking good for you.
On the other hand MHA in first place again pleases me greatly.

Wow, Soma dead last since Gintama doesn't really count anymore. I wonder if that was one of the 'rigged exam' chapters?
Also good luck Red Sprite. Not exactly looking good for you.
On the other hand MHA in first place again pleases me greatly.

Actually, it would be chapter 180 which was when it was "revealed" that Hayama turned heal and joined the elite ten and central...so this might just be a fanboy/fangirl backlash rating.

Ray Down

Banned
When did people fall off of Soma here?

I don't read it from what a buddy of mine says its when Azami is introduced, and then he dropped it after awhile when his plan/dream was reveled.

Jintor

It's Not My Fault-

My cousin has developed an incestuous lesbian crush on me because I broke her mind last summer, and when tried to turn her straight it backfired and now she thinks i'm a lesbian furry

well when you put it that way now i have to read it

Jump Issue 46 Rankings
1. My Hero Academia
2. Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
5. Kimetsu no Yaiba
6. Haikyu!!
7. Samon the Summoner
8. World Trigger
12. Toriko
15. Gintama

Key notes: Promised Neverland finding a healthy ranking area, Love Rush looking like it might recover from its bad first week ranking. Ugly first ranking from Red Sprite but not completely surprised, and wow at Souma, wonder if Japan is finally fed up with it as we are.

Thats the chapter of Soma where Hayama's heel turn was revealed so I imagine the fan girls tanked it for that reason. Red Sprite is dead as fuck and makes me doubly salty that Viz took a chance on it and not Yaiba when the latter is clearly a hit that'll be around awhile.

Moaradin

Jump Issue 46 Rankings
1. My Hero Academia
2. Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
5. Kimetsu no Yaiba
6. Haikyu!!
7. Samon the Summoner
8. World Trigger
12. Toriko
15. Gintama

Nice to see Promised Neverland do so well. It sets itself apart from everything else in jump pretty well, and it's damn good so far. Souma isn't too surprising, but it's still sad to see. Though the last few chapters have been a lot better so I want to see if that reflects in the rankings.

mdubs

Banned
lol at Love Rush ranking above Red Sprite.

Hope the Soma ranking is an outlier going forward, since this was the Hayama heel turn

Revo

Seven Deadly Sins 195

Love me some power levels.
Why did he stop exploding? Suddenly gained a heart in a minute? He even taunted them a second before.

Shengar

Soma ranking is so fitting. That's what you get when trying to make the story unenjoyable by making it more serious than it should be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol at Love Rush ranking above Red Sprite.

Hope the Soma ranking is an outlier going forward, since this was the Hayama heel turn
The rankings don't mean anything and Soma was ranked third or something in the last chapter.

All that matters is volume sales. You guys consistently overrract to the order series are published in the magazine.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 231

This got my hopes up for like two seconds when VP Meiko came back, but we're right back to nothing happening again RIP.

The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami ch. 6

This arc was pretty cool and I'm invested in the mystery behind Not Hanekawa and all, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that it just sort of implies someone in the author's family might be behind his death and leaves it at that. Maybe this story will be revisited down the road.

JulianImp

Tetsugaku Letra - Halfway through vol 2

I love it when the whole cast has a clear, defined role that helps further a series' theme or tone, so I'm loving this so far. I can definitely look past the coincidences that keep piling up (the MC telling the old lady exactly what her late husband used to tell her about flamenco, and her vow to him to stand under the spotlight once more if anyone ever needed her dance again), because the way the characters are being fleshed out and developed really appeals to me and helps suspend my disbelief.

The woman's grandson going full-on tsundere mode after he got too excited talking about flamenco did feel awkward as hell, though. I get that he's trying the MC to see if he's worthy of being taught flamenco by his grandma, but the mood whiplash felt pretty unnecessary there.

pbayne

CardCaptor Sakura CCA 5

Sakura obtains Mario's Frog Suit.

Scanning over the last few pages. Am i to understand the basement reveal in AoT was actually decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom