• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ty dramatis. Looking at that list reassures me that I read nothing but high quality manga.

Mayu ni Omakase (NSFW iM@S doujin)

vcjglBJ.jpg

How can you say you love him if you can't even eat his phlegm? I prefer Mayu when there's some form of obstacle to her unconditional love, since it increases the probability of stabbings by about x13.5. Still, obsessive dere is fine too.

Criminale! 22-24
I have confidence in Sarah to calmly and rationally talk her way out of this situation. With recent developments, the idol wannabee has actually risen in my eyes, but it's gonna take something momentous to shift my flag from the Harukana camp. Particularly after her display of disguises in chp 23.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Mayu ni Omakase (Idolmaster doujinshi) by Nishi

I don't even care all that much about Idolmaster, but Mayu doujinshi are always great~

Y'all have another one starring Mayu as a lamia:

(NSFW) 346 Monster Girl Production Mayu (Idolmaster doujinshi) by Kirisaki Byakko

Becoming a monster girl is but a trifle matter for someone as devoted as Mayu~

Zweizer

Banned
Jeez, I know y'all are angry that Berserk is on hiatus again, but I didn't know y'all hated Idolmaster this much.

Criminale! ch22-24

Tsukiko got herself into quite the conundrum. Let's see how her idol fan's lifestyle will go in face of this battle for love.

Va1pQJC.png

Holding hands is serious business.

Kuhime 4

hnSwdJX.jpg

Hm. This chapter raises some important philosophical concerns. On the one hand, there seems to be a swarm of these 'creatures', the potential of which is self-evident. On the other hand, their true forms leave a lot to be desired (in every sense). Reserving judgment until we see some more variants.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watamote

For once the awkwardness wasn't Tomoko's fault.

Usobuko

Banned
Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai Chapter 1-20 ( End )

Oozing with childlike innocence and humorous references of Japan anime/manga culture, this manga tells a light-hearted story revolving around our 2 students and further supported by a fun-loving cast that mingle effortlessly with their natural interactions.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Since Dramatis has it in the OP and I just read it recently myself, I'll chime in and say Yuureitou is pretty decent. It's a very over the top murder mystery that goes full carny in the final arc (ymmv on whether that's good or bad ... it's certainly something), but it has one of the only good attempts at a transgendered character I've seen in a manga. There are some things I felt could have been done better with Tetsuo, but still, I think he's overall great and easily likable. He pretty much makes the manga.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a schlock fest of a horror story, and outside of its LGBT themes there's little else I'd actually call genuine. But I give it credit for mostly working.

Some news I didn't read until today

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...orld-author-launches-new-sci-fi-vampire-manga

From 1998-2008 46 year-old manga author Hiroki Endo wrote Gnostic-informed, hyper-violent, political sci-fi Eden: It's an Endless World!, published in North America by Dark Horse, for Kodansha's seinen manga magazine Afternoon. Then, from 2008-2016, he wrote mixed martial arts sports manga All Rounder Meguru for Evening. Now, he's back in Afternoon and back to sci-fi in his new Soft Metal Vampire.

Endo describes the story of humanity sharing a world with vampires as neo-sekaikei, a term which cultural critic Hiroki Azuma applied to works in which apocalyptic crises are intermeshed with the young leads' personal concerns, like high school romances and growing pains; think Evangelion.

Classic start!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). If you want to avoid that, just post a general question about the manga. Most recent at top. Links to previous recommendations at bottom.

Snip
Oh wow I didn't know you did this dramatis. Pretty cool.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I need a romcom manga with lots of misunderstandings

please help

Kaguya want to be confessed to is a great choice (assuming you haven't read it yet)
Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai Chapter 1-20 ( End )

Oozing with childlike innocence and humorous references of Japan anime/manga culture, this manga tells a light-hearted story revolving around our 2 students and further supported by a fun-loving cast that mingle effortlessly with their natural interactions.
This is great. haven't catch up with it yet, but i'm liking what i've read so far

oh we posting the bad part of manga?
Best part
This page is a mistake.
The best kind of a mistake

Yeah, this is going to be insane, right?

Kaguya wants to be confessed to 38

Kaguya is thirsty as fuck. Yo, Shirogane sister is amazing

Kaguya-sama 39
Oh wow, those eyes and her design, cute indeed. Whats with this family and demon eyes? Also another hilariously fantastic chapter and possible new cast teasing.

zAZWuTF.png

True despair

Watamote 105
Good, good, slowly turning her over.

Zweizer

Banned
I need a romcom manga with lots of misunderstandings

please help

Angel Densetsu by Yagi Norihiro
Countrouble by Nao Akinari
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. by Yoshida Morohe
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san by Yamamoto Soichiro
LOVE/DEATH by Kuzushiro
Wa! by Kojima Akira

Black CLover

convenient army is coming to face witch forest so that Aster and co can face against them and gain the approval of the stubborn head witch is convenient

World Trigger

Kido smiling is creepy... indeed it truly is

Also Konami is hugging the Branch Cheif Rindou

I wonder if she saw him as a father figure

Also a bunch of people died in the old border branch which is pretty brutal

makes sense as to that being the cause of Kido changing into his more stern self

Kirameki!! Otokonoko Juku vol 1 (END)
I started reading this because there was a cute gothic lolita on the first page. 10 pages in and I realise it's a semi-educational 'how to' manga about male crossdressing. If it wasn't for the trashier parts it might actually be recommendable to anyone with an interest in this area, but as it stands I'm just going to pretend I didn't read it. Which means not posting about it. ... Shit.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers Oct 9th - 15th

*1. One Punch-Man Vol.1
*2. One Punch-Man Vol.2
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*4. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.12
*5. One Punch-Man Vol.3
*6. Shokugeki no Souma Vol.14
*7. Detective Conan Vol.60 (NEW)
*8. Black Clover Vol.3
*9. Momochi-san Chi no Ayakashi Ouji Vol.6
10. Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.16 (NEW)

Previous Week

*1. Akatsuki no Yona Vol.2 (NEW)
*2. Shokugeki no Souma Vol.14 (NEW)
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*4. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.12 (NEW)
*5. Black Clover Vol.3 (NEW)
*6. Momochi-san Chi no Ayakashi Ouji Vol.6 (NEW)
*7. Berserk Vol.1
*8. Sousei no Onmyouji Vol.6 (NEW)
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.8
10. One Punch-Man Vol.1

gintama 609

Gintama 608
I wonder if they'll be able to end the battle by Monday. I guess if not then Jump won't come out and we'll never know the end. They should win the battle using a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong cannon.

lol, I knew it.
Anyway, I like how they brought back kintoki so they could make the kintama joke.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
In the next page he starts groping her, lol.

Huh, thought someone going to start biting.

Mayu ni Omakase (NSFW iM@S doujin)
Surprisingly tame. Was expecting something crazier

346 monster girl idol production
I think this one is kinda sfw, like, it's not as lewd as monster musume. Other than that, i laugh whenever the devil mention gacha

Gintama 609

you know the series is ending when they bring out everything full stop
even old foes as allies

Kintoki is back and the greatest built item has also returned in all it's glory

Tsugumomo 61

Jesus Kukuri. This is like Beerus in Dragon Ball, a God that has become part of the main cast and the butt of a lot of jokes finally gets serious and just annihilates.

Tsugumomo 62

nvm manga is still degenerate

Arabesque

Yona 131

Well, I guess that's going to happen now, wow. I wouldn't have thought Yona would be willing to go back and meet Soo Woon after everything, but meeting and seeing Kouren had left such an impact it was the only thing left to do.

I liked how the chapter brought back up 2 pieces of information we touched upon in the past; the Kouka before King Il's reign was seen as formidable, but also incredibly barbaric by the smaller neighbouring nations and that Kouren might not be all that confident that she can win this war she's drumming up support for.

The first point was something that the series had been glossing over for a while now, which is understandable given how unpopular Il is presented by the Kouka populace and 4 out of the 5 generals weren't really that beaten up over his assassination and Soo Woon's usurping the throne. But as much as Soo-Woon is shown to be the better king and is doing the "correct" moves to restore the kingdom's position on the international stage and make it as fearsome as it once was, that doesn't change that those days are not looked to fondly by the people Kouka went to war with.

I always thought that Il's position made him the better person in comparison to his father and brother, and it says a lot that the hands down strongest clan in Kouka supported his ideals of peace. Sadly, he didn't have the political finesse necessary to both maintain Kouka's status as a regional power and also placate the power hungry factions (the fire clan), the military factions (the earth and sky clans) and not being able to deal with the issues of Kai weakening the country via human trafficking and Sai drug trade made him a failure as a king, even if his ideals were noble.

By contrast, Soo Woon's father was by all accounts a terrible man who seemed to want to murder everyone who opposed him, be it the religious in Kouka or the civilians in villages on the borders or just about anyone outside of the kingdoms natural borders. He was certainly good at doing it, which is why no one ever gave him shit for doing it, but a future under his rule would have been bleak.

It's natural then that while some might use his death as an excuse to bully Kouka a bit for some grandstanding, the countries that lost the most in those old wars would be preparing to fight back when the son of the man that murdered them in the hundreds suddenly assumes the throne. I don't know what telling Soo Woon about Tao's intentions to turn Xing into a vassal state of Kouka will do to defuse tensions when we seen how people follow Kouren, but we'll see.

As for Kouren herself, well ... charismatic, tall, beautiful and strong of character. She gives off a strong (more younger and handsome) Kan Soo Jin vibe, what's her talk of purity and how Xing's people are the chosen ones, becoming deities ... a lot of bravado, a lot of charisma, but lacking in substance or action.

Tao did mention she didn't think her sister could win the war she was trying to start, and from the looks of it, Tao is right. Kouren, outside of a miracle, doesn't have a path to victory.

Watching her try and actually enlist children into her army means that, aside from the moral problems with such an act, she doesn't have anywhere near enough men in her army to lead an assault against one of the most military powerful nations around her. Not only that, the fact that half of her generals had up and defected in opposition to her plans, and one of the ones who stuck by her is certainly insane, means she doesn't have enough seasoned vets by her side either.

What is she going to do, lead an army with half little boys, and 2 generals against Soo Woon, his 5 generals and his army of well trained soldiers?

I honestly didn't think that Yona would come around to the idea of meeting Soo Woon again, but I guess it is the only conceivable way to avert the tragedy that is about to happen. It took a lot of maturity and courage for her to decide that.

Hak's just sad to see agree to go along, since despite his pain, he still loves Yona too much to ever let his feelings get in the way of what she wants to do.

GIRLS und PANZER - Motto Love Love Sakusen desu! 34-35b

7L4YcZ0.jpg

They have the intaanetto on computers now. I find the movie factions less appealing than the (slightly) more developed other groups, but there's nothing wrong with them getting screentime every so often. The CHARGE jokes are probably more humorous than they should be by this point.

Shengar

Akai Mi Hajiketa

Most Shimazaki stories.
What would you do if you were to die tomorrow? by Ajiichi
The Foreigner and the Insensitive Tomboy by Yanagida Fumita
The Zombie Maria by Nakayama Atsushi
Letting Go of the Hand is a Loss by Mountain Pukuichi
Swap by Shimoda Asami

Sorry for the very late reply, but I'm going to check this all out.
Thanks
I'm approaching Zweizer's recommendation with extreme precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom