• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Interesting. So, how is it the story continuing? Do you think it's all going to be the main character's story or it will focus later on other characters? Is it near the end or is still pretty open?
It's already opening up to everyone's issues in the lounge, it's just centered on his reluctance to accept his sexuality. I much prefer this method though since things don't get stale or over-dramatic, and all the supporting characters are legitimately great

Interesting. So, how is it the story continuing? Do you think it's all going to be the main character's story or it will focus later on other characters? Is it near the end or is still pretty open?

Hrm, tough to say about length. I get the feeling that it's going to continue decently on. Maybe something like a mid-size run to like the 40s or 50s? I could see it being shorter though as it's monthly. He has yet to really become comfortable with himself and they only just started exploring the other characters. They've allowed the manga to explore from some of the others characters perspectives but still keep things generally close to the MC so you don't become too omniscient of an observer and stay pretty situated in his head. I hope it explores other characters because they all seem to have some story to them. We've only briefly touched on the lesbian couple and the past...3 chapters have been focusing on the younger crossdresser kinda being confronted in what he does by the MC's troubles with figuring himself out as the young crossdresser has never really examined what he does and why that deeply.

It's definitely good, the drama is much stronger because the tone of the manga is waaaaaaaaay more laid back than a lot of stuff would normally go. No melodrama here, just fears about knowing and being comfortable with yourself and what society thinks.

Tsugumomo 66-71

what

not buying any of these deaths

Hrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm

mdubs

Banned
Alright I'll get on making it. I blame
Ray
for this.

Suggestions on the title? I'm thinking

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| Emma in Neverland

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alright I'll get on making it. I blame
Ray
for this.

Suggestions on the title? I'm thinking

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| Emma in Neverland

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| Exit Light, Enter Night

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| Oh how cu- OH DEAR GOD

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| Mom is Always Watching

I think it sounds good in my head but

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| Wonders in Neverland

or

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| The Wonders of Neverland

Fou-Lu

Checking out Promised Neverland because I want a new manga to read. It's been a long time since I've read something new. Other recs?

Checking out Promised Neverland because I want a new manga to read. It's been a long time since I've read something new. Other recs?

Red Sprite is a new favorite of mine
09e9f5f19cf8261ef76acb920840fc61.jpg

Also My hero academia, but if you already did read it you can try Horikoshi's previous works Crazy Zoo and Barrage.

If you liked Blue exorcist you might also like Kazue Kato previous work Space Travelers

Twin star exorcist

Livingstones
9781632361936_manga-Livingstone-GN-1.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Promised Neverland ch. 12

Hmmm. My immediate reaction was this is a fake out, but thinking it over, I don't know now. Only thing I'm a little unsure of is
Ray not considering the rope was all a set up. Like Norman, he's no dummy. He had to have suspected something like this could happen.

Either way, I'm super into this the past few weeks, can't lie.

Shimanami Tasogare Vol. 1 and Chapters 5-8

Everybody should read this manga.

I'll throw this on the plan to read list.

Helck and Golden Kamuy are pretty fantastic.

I think I need to catch up on The Promised Neverland. I only read the first 2 chapters when it came out and I kinda stopped. Sounds like its pretty good.
Same with other Jump series, as I still haven't read World Trigger or My Hero Academia, both of which I've been meaning to start, but haven't for some reason.

Arondight

Tamen De Gushi is something I started reading. Quite funny.

As for my ongoing collections, I've just about bought all the Monster perfect edition manga available and was thinking of getting something else as an ongoing collection. Not sure if anyone knows if there's any good manga with good covers available.

The list of following I might collect are the Death note Black edition, already planning to start doing Yotsubato, and maybe try out Gundam Origins hardcover. Haven't read origins but came across a book in the library and looks incredible. Nice art, cover and was a little interesting even though the content I'm not too totally sure about yet. Wish a lot of manga had that kind of quality to it. Haven't seen Vinland saga in person but seems ok online.

bobohoro

All these Promised Neverland reactions make me want to start it up again. Kinda dropped off after the first two chapters.
But I should probably catch up on Attack on Titan first, still have ~ 15 chapters to go.

Tomo-chan 451

Why is noone thinking about Jun's swimwear? Time for the big sexy reveal that will stun all three of them!

Fairy Tail 507
Oh. Ok. We going with the evil incarnate twin reveal. This chapter would've been poignant except you know gotta checkpoint that fan service.

Zai X 10 47
Umm, what. This is the ending? That's abrupt and weird which I guess fits fine as a final chapter. Slightly disappointed though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Promised Neverland 12
Yo, WTF?! That twist in the last page...

Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidone Suru 1-7

From the author of Chiimoguri ringo, come a weird tales about strange daily life in a coastal town.
A girl who live even after getting her head cut off, a girl who fight alien squid, a disease that cause you to literally explode when your heartbeat reach certain level, a vending machine that sell gun, a wounded policeman as a witness to all strange things.

Wonderfully weird with distinct artwork.
Recommended to those who enjoy Dowman Sayman works.

upandaway

A Method to Make a Gentle World 14

Oh dang she went for it full power. I don't think we know how old he is but I'd guess less than 40... hmmm... About 20 years gap then, huh. I guess it's possible? 10 can almost be normal so 20 can't be that out there. Aight, I can deal with that.

Also man all of the parents in this manga are horrible.
Not as horrible as how they're written though heh heh heh heh heh. Heh heh heh
Whoa! Who said that.

edit: s-she did it
wow what. that's super awkward.

Wpem4vj.jpg

yeah more or less my reaction to that

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 507
Oh. Ok. We going with the evil incarnate twin reveal. This chapter would've been poignant except you know gotta checkpoint that fan service.

Zai X 10 47
Umm, what. This is the ending? That's abrupt and weird which I guess fits fine as a final chapter. Slightly disappointed though.

She isn't gonna be an evil incarnate twin just because you can't Power of Friendship such a being. That or she'll do it anyways.

MHA - Vigilantes 2

This isn't very good. It contradicts itself a lot and Knuckle's reasons that they had to be the ones to hunt people was fucking stupid as shit because if the Heroes knew about the drug and it's signs than they could do the same goddam thing. Pop is a straight up ass-fan-service character but it's nice that she seems to be pretty insightful. But Gentle-man saves her and she's all blushy and shit and ugh and puke and this isn't very good.

Vinland Saga 132

I am super surprised that the jerks let Hild talk to them like that. She was REALLY not putting up with any of their shit and her and Thorfinn are probably super lucky that Thorkell is attacking because after crossbowing those dudes she was probably dead.

Though I am excited for the arrival of Thorkell as that means we're gonna get some murder going on.

Alice in Borderland 51-2

This King of Diamond's side story is interesting just because the King was actually the 3rd in Command of the Beach which is...really surprising. And his completely rote instructing, the fact that he is shackled there and his analytical usage of winning the Beauty contest are really interesting too. We all know how this is going to go, it was fairly obvious from the start that the two dudes would eat shit first and the loan shark would survive along side CrazyMcBishiepants but I do like his reasoning behind why the King keeps getting so close and why those two died first.

Really liked the King of Spades side story so I sure hope that Agni, that kid and the hottie archer missing her leg stay alive.

Samon-kun the Summoner 17-20

This manga is made by it's side characters. Samon and...whatever the main girl's name is are funny but holy shit the supporting cast is the real deal. I'd read an entire manga about Sargatanas or Behemoth-senpai. Even the main girl's friends are really funny.

Tsuiteru Kanojo. 16

Ugh, this chapter was the worst. The MC isn't a jerk for not wanting to be butt-fucked but he is a jerk for holding onto his masculinity and not communicating with Futaba about what he wants out of the relationship so he just continue to lead her on. I also had a twinge of annoyance at Futaba being all "sorry I was blinded by lust" like literally every character in a doujin where it's like "I can't control myself anymore" or "My body is moving on it's own" or all that super rapey bullshit they throw in as if when a person gets an erection they are compelled by the Mystic Power of Wanglor, the God of Dicks to thrust regardless of if they want to or not. Japan you really need to work on this consent shit.

Like fuck's sake dude, talk to her. Tell her you are not interested in being a bottom. If you love her but you and her do not match up sexually but you won't actually discuss this with her you are a piece of shit that is leading her on while being cowardly and selfish. She's a virgin too dude, figure out your sexualities together and decide if you line up.

I know this is manga, and as such miscommunication and dorama are The Way of Manga so I'm really just getting annoyed at how it's handling that. By basically making the MC unlikable.

That would turn it into a futa-on-male doujin series and I don't think it could run in that magazine anymore. I'd certainly be a better MC though.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Fairy Tail 507

I gotta be honest, I think Fairy Tail is such trash now. I love the general idea of guilds within it, but man oh man is it just bad. If it wasn't for the ridiculous fan service, I would have tapped out of this so long ago.

Moaradin

Amalgam of Distortion 3

Yu Narukami is a dick.

I'm guessing this will be the last chapter in WSJ? I'm probably not gonna continue reading more of this regardless. Not really doing anything for me.

Promised Neverland

Gilda is likely going to betray them since that Sister told her that if she ever felt Emma was lying to her to go back to her

Kingdom

Law and Order.... been reading this series for so long and I still laugh at the overly expressed faces some characters make when in shock

Vinland Saga

That guy isn't Ear... we all know this but it is truly bugging me out on who he really is (the thief)

On another note it seems being a douche is common still for some Jomsvikings and they can't comprehend morality

Still the fact that Thorkill has now arrived means things will get truly interesting

Amalgam of Distortion 3

Yu Narukami is a dick.

I'm guessing this will be the last chapter in WSJ? I'm probably not gonna continue reading more of this regardless. Not really doing anything for me.

Viz in their pod cast sounds like they really want to keep doing it since they love it "feels like a natural Bleach replacement" in their words

She isn't gonna be an evil incarnate twin just because you can't Power of Friendship such a being. That or she'll do it anyways.

Come on man, its Fairy Tail. I'd be happy if he didnt do the usual friendship asspull.

I gotta be honest, I think Fairy Tail is such trash now. I love the general idea of guilds within it, but man oh man is it just bad. If it wasn't for the ridiculous fan service, I would have tapped out of this so long ago.

I'm just riding this journey to the end, like I did with Naruto and Bleach. Which is funny, cause what seems to be the end point for FT looks to be a mix of Naruto's and Bleach final arcs. War plus predictable outcomes plus stupid points that drag on.

Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidone Suru 1-7

From the author of Chiimoguri ringo, come a weird tales about strange daily life in a coastal town.
A girl who live even after getting her head cut off, a girl who fight alien squid, a disease that cause you to literally explode when your heartbeat reach certain level, a vending machine that sell gun, a wounded policeman as a witness to all strange things.

Wonderfully weird with distinct artwork.
Recommended to those who enjoy Dowman Sayman works.

Love me some Dowman Sayman but this series sure likes to end on somewhat depressing and kinda funny endings. Its definitely interesting though.

Viz in their pod cast sounds like they really want to keep doing it since they love it "feels like a natural Bleach replacement" in their words

Also Love Rush's last chapter was one of the most obvious Axe moments I've seen in a long time, so they know they need a replacement (they are going to lose Toriko soon enough as well, so just keep on accepting each series and replacing the quick axed ones with the next batch until something sticks).

Also Love Rush's last chapter was one of the most obvious Axe moments I've seen in a long time, so they know they need a replacement (they are going to lose Toriko soon enough as well, so just keep on accepting each series and replacing the quick axed ones with the next batch until something sticks).

I dunno that was my initial throught at the same time maybe he always planned to rush them into marriage for the drama since of all the girls in his harem mc dislikes cupid girl the most.

Jump toc

Black Clover (Cover/Lead CP)
One Piece
World Trigger
Gintama (Color Page)
My Hero Academia
Spring Weapon Number One (Color Page)
Amalgam of Distortion
Toriko
Yuuna of Yuragi Manor
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Color Page)
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu!!
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner
Hinomaru Zumou
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (Color Page)
Love Rush!
Red Sprite

Shonen Jump Issue 49
Cover/Lead CP: Black Clover
CPs: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, My Hero Academia
Special: Memumemu-chan

ToC doesn't matter but I mean when is the last time Isobee wasn't bottom of the toc? Love Rush and Red Sprite are deader then shit.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch452

She has grown~

Dungeon Meshi ch0 (One-shot)

Early concept of the monster cooking manga we all know and love. Aside from the presence of a cat girl, not much had changed.

asRDxJR.png

This deadpan Marcille is fine too~

Jump toc

Black Clover (Cover/Lead CP)
One Piece
World Trigger
Gintama (Color Page)
My Hero Academia
Spring Weapon Number One (Color Page)
Amalgam of Distortion
Toriko
Yuuna of Yuragi Manor
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Color Page)
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu!!
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner
Hinomaru Zumou
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (Color Page)
Love Rush!
Red Sprite

Shonen Jump Issue 49
Cover/Lead CP: Black Clover
CPs: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, My Hero Academia
Special: Memumemu-chan

ToC doesn't matter but I mean when is the last time Isobee wasn't bottom of the toc? Love Rush and Red Sprite are deader then shit.
My heart is shattered...I guess I gotta get in the mind set that Red Sprite will be cancelled. It's a shame, this was turning into one of my new favorite Jump titles.

Good news is World trigger jumped them rank! What was that chapter? That was near the end of the rank wars match no?

Wiseblade

My heart is shattered...I guess I gotta get in the mind set that Red Sprite will be cancelled. It's a shame, this was turning into one of my new favorite Jump titles.

Good news is World trigger jumped them rank! What was that chapter? That was near the end of the rank wars match no?

But The Promised Neverland is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom