• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Looks at Rightstuff sale that includes JoJo Hardcovers and HxH volumes* Fine...I'll complete my damn HxH collection (missing 27-32) and catch up on Jojo...doubtful those Jojo's will ever really go below $12.

Nanashi no Asterism 8
0vuTiFx.png
That particular ship has already sailed, chartered the wrong course and plunged over a waterfall. It was hinted at before, but it looks like this isn't Kotooka's first time in such a predicament. Meanwhile, we meet new sub-characters that no-one cares about.

Yeah, free shipping for me since in the US.
Also next Jump manga is a soccer manga...the last time a soccer manga in Jump made it past three volumes was Whistle! which came out in Feb of 98....

Shengar

https://tanoshimi.xyz/2016/11/19/isekai-a-world-of-possibilities/

A very excellent read on the Isekai genre. Here's my favorite part:

As for other works that have gained my admiration, there is Babel, one of the latest narou works to be published under an official label. This work is an unfailing proof that showcases what the Isekai genre is capable of when it’s fully exploited. It tells the story of Shizuku, a university girl that journeys into another world. Upon her arrival, she’s enthralled by the idea that she can speak Japanese to the folks from the land without impediments. However, she can’t read or write in the local tongue. The same applies for the natives with the written Japanese language. This intrigues her and leads her into researching about the culture and history of the continent where the story takes place.

It’s a fascinating tale about how language works not only as a gate into knowledge but also as a learning tool. Language is a bridge among cultures and people, a catalyst for encounters, and a bridge connecting totally different worlds. A bridge that knows no frontiers. This is the power of communication.

We'll never see an adaptation of this one, aren't we?

ElFly

Prison School

Man why does this series advance so slowly chapter to chapter

this is making the anime Freeza saga look like a summary

orochi91

Prison School

Man why does this series advance so slowly chapter to chapter

this is making the anime Freeza saga look like a summary

I stopped reading months ago due to the glacial pace the arc was moving at.

Just checked the latest chapter, and they're STILL going through that fucking school festival/sports event.

Jesus

That new jump soccer series as a protagonist design I'm not super fan of. Hoping to be surprised, but if the MC design doesn't work that's a big red flag for me.

Did Jump or any manga at all have a badminton theme? Would be cool.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch469

She really should stop caring about this guy.

Prison School ch234

Chairman finally back into action.

Poor Risa though.

Nanashi no Asterism ch8

Gosh, if only they all could talk it out.

Monster Musume ch47

A chapter that was disappointingly lacking in smut.

TheFlow

Banned
That new jump soccer series as a protagonist design I'm not super fan of. Hoping to be surprised, but if the MC design doesn't work that's a big red flag for me.

Did Jump or any manga at all have a badminton theme? Would be cool.
yep and it was great actually.

Smash

Basically if you liked Baby steps you will like this
cover.jpg

dramatis

Out of curiosity, how many people read the recs dropped in the OP?

I'm wondering if it needs more focus. Quality instead of quantity.

bobohoro

Same, like to read them, but sadly don't have the time to dig into many series right now.

Mai Ball 60

This series constantly has this fluffy positive feel to it, and the football can get pretty hype. So good.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 40

Such a trotted out sidestory. Still cute.
But we could do with some plot advancement again.
And I don't mean bigger tits.

Lain

I would totally give blood to the blood god if I could see my man work his way up. Mx0 died too early, easily a 200 chapter series, at least all 3 years of HS and a lot of plot threads ended up unfinished (remember the cursed land awakening? No? Yep)

I disagree, Mx0 died too late. It was past the expiration point. It could have been a cool enough story if the author knew when to stop or had some planning to know how to keep going instead of wasting time and space with useless chapters that did nothing and added nothing.

yep and it was great actually.

Smash

Basically if you liked Baby steps you will like this
cover.jpg
Nice! I'll give it a look. The art looks nice, it has an late 90s/early 2000 feel to it.
I hope its just a bad out of context promo images.

Though nothing will ever top Tokyo Wonder Boys
tumblr_inline_o36oaqSY1K1rq8yy4_540.jpg

Yea I hope I'll like it when it starts...

On the other that art of Tokyo wonder boys, THAT is some hot stuff! How good is it DTL? Worth a try?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

I read the recs whenever you update the OP. Stuff that seems appealing goes on the plan to read list but, well, you know how that can go.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
https://tanoshimi.xyz/2016/11/19/isekai-a-world-of-possibilities/

A very excellent read on the Isekai genre. Here's my favorite part:

We'll never see an adaptation of this one, aren't we?
Too good for anime!

Though based on the list the author mention, i want to read or watch isekai with focus on food. That one seem interesting

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 43

i want some ramen now

Don't we all?

Author catering so hard to me as i really love cute girl eating scene.
Ishigami, the hero we need and deserve.

Tomo chan 468-469

Last panel is dank meme potential.

Grand Blue 17

Oh right, this is technically a diving manga. Wew, almost forgot about that one.

I randomly choose several that i haven't read and put it on my backlog.

ubique

So the consensus is that it mostly goes in the backlog? lol

If you mean the recs at the very top of the OP I guess it would be better if you indicated whether it's finished or ongoing, and other relevant info like that. I guess it also doesn't really help when all that's said about a series is "it's like Berserk" because if you read Berserk it could mean a million things, and if you don't, it means nothing

If you're talking about the ones on that very long list in the first post, I personally find it confusing that the recs, revs and imps are all thrown together, and it's frustrating when opening a link just leads to an image

Man i don't if Ishigami's action makes him a bro or an asshole lol

But he seems to be the one that can control her chaos somewhat so it should be interesting to see how it pans out.

dramatis

If you mean the recs at the very top of the OP I guess it would be better if you indicated whether it's finished or ongoing, and other relevant info like that. I guess it also doesn't really help when all that's said about a series is "it's like Berserk" because if you read Berserk it could mean a million things, and if you don't, it means nothing

If you're talking about the ones on that very long list in the first post, I personally find it confusing that the recs, revs and imps are all thrown together, and it's frustrating when opening a link just leads to an image
The words I use are always from the poster, and often times it's difficult to see what would interest other readers into picking up a particular manga based on what posters write.

As for the image links, those usually lack a (imp) indicator at the end of the line, largely because the impression is literally one line and an image, so there wasn't much point in linking the post. Manga is a visual medium, sometimes people can be drawn in by art or visuals.

I rather enjoy the idea of finding something in the freeform pile that is the superlists, but I suppose they're not structured or straightforward.

ubique

The words I use are always from the poster, and often times it's difficult to see what would interest other readers into picking up a particular manga based on what posters write.

Yeah but some recommendations are so incredibly vague, or little more than synopses, that I presumed that removing those was what you meant with quality over quantity

As for the image links, those usually lack a (imp) indicator at the end of the line, largely because the impression is literally one line and an image, so there wasn't much point in linking the post.

Maybe it's just me, but I just open a new tab with every single link so that I'll get the full post (and hopefully an image with it)

Usobuko

Banned

Well, at the very least, I look through it and pick the stuff I think I would like.

I am in favor of trimming down the numbers, sometimes too much choices can be a little daunting to get it rollin for some people.

I stopped reading months ago due to the glacial pace the arc was moving at.

Same. I'm letting the chapters build up and progress be made until I catch up. I wonder if the author doesn't know where to take the story.

I do. A while ago I went through and read a few chapters of all of the ones that seemed interesting. Haven't done that in a couple months though, and I've been meaning to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom