• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I'd say One Piece, MHA, Haikyuu, and Soma are the "big series" of Jump at the moment.

I still need to get around to reading Haikyuu, I know I'd like it but I've been lazy. Thought about reading Soma, but judging from the reactions in the thread, might not be worth it anymore?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Magi 328

Lmao this chapter.

"Sinbad became a god!"

"He did WHAT!? Let's go talk to him.

"Yes, I totally became a God"

I wonder how the series final climax will be at this point, things got weirdly... anticlimactic.

I actually really like how anticlimactic it's gotten. The pacing is all thrown off so now I have absolutely no idea how things are going to play out, and that mystery has me excited.

Moaradin

I'd say One Piece, MHA, Haikyuu, and Soma are the "big series" of Jump at the moment.

I still need to get around to reading Haikyuu, I know I'd like it but I've been lazy. Thought about reading Soma, but judging from the reactions in the thread, might not be worth it anymore?

I would still recommend it. I greatly enjoyed it before the current stuff. And even if I don't like the current direction it's going in, I still somewhat enjoy it week to week. The characters are still fun, and it still has the ridiculous stuff I like. Last few chapters have been pretty decent IMO.

cntr

Banned
I would still recommend it. I greatly enjoyed it before the current stuff. And even if I don't like the current direction it's going in, I still somewhat enjoy it week to week. The characters are still fun, and it still has the ridiculous stuff I like. Last few chapters have been pretty decent IMO.
Hmm, I'll get around to it eventually then.

Demon's Plan 1

Fairly solid first chapter, established the main duo and their relationship, established the shitty world they live in, and ratched up the scales in the finale giving our lead a good goal to works towards.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Demon's Plan

Could be interesting series. Definitely a darker series like Amalgam and Promised Neverland.

RWBY

This is normally a monthly comic right? Then why are there less backgrounds than Bleach?

PK Gaming

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular

kUicXAf.png

This manga continues to handle its gradual shift in tone like a pro. Tomoko has gone beyond just actually talking to people; she actually has friends now (or at the very least, someone she can get "real" with).

It's all good stuff, and I hope the author keeps it going for a while longer.

Kaguya 43

I thought it was a pretty boring chapter, since Fujiwara doing Fujiwara things isn't too fun unless she has someone to bounce off of. Ishigami with the save at the end though. Truly the best.

Demon's Plan 1

Sold. Bolo and Carlos relationship is all I needed, and then when both had a Demon's Plan, battle of the Demon's Plans will be pretty splendid. I wonder if Carlos will be the type of rival that just keeps showing up in the center of every bad action that happens and then they end up teaming up for some common cause in the deep part of each arc.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Promised Neverland ch. 16

This is some strong decision making from these two.

I Am A Hero ch. 246

I don't get gassing the old people, or much of anything else in this manga lately come to think of it, but that expression on Not Asano's face as he was holding the kid is hilarious.

The Case Records of Professor Munakata 1-4

Not really feeling this, I expected a more Twilight Zone/Kagewani/Franken Fran kind of thing but its not supernatural and just deeply rooted in extremely specific Japanese history.

Red Sprite 13

Like usual, really strong chapter, Black Burn is a really cool villain and I like how Tatsu is not so OP anymore. The fighting sequence all look super cool.

Demon's Plan

That first chapter was really strong, the characters well well set up and so were the world, the artstyle is fantastic, the characters designs are awesome AND that first cover was amazing!
d84652af5baef73c2fb6fcd5f9fd5c42.jpg

My Hero Academia 116

The best Shonen title like usual, super strong chapter with a great conversation bewtween All Might and AFO. Also that ending YO!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks like Reborn art, but not quite?

One of her assistants?

Toriko END

So the hardcores who insisted Toriko would have an outerspace arc were right after all? Could have been interesting since the whole Galaxy is a table idea was intriguing, also was mindblown at the whole reason for the Eclipse

8/10.

BLack Clover 87
Cx0FzM8WEAQLBg-.jpg:small

Definitely the best way to describe each chapter this arc.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V 16

Cx0JrW4XAAE_xgp.jpg

Akaba Reiji finally feeling entertained by the BEST type of summon, Yuugo Shokan!!! Not the cheap synchro Shokan but Yuugo Shokan.

The Promised Neverland 016
This comic is on thin ice with me right now. Ether it pulls the trigger and gets out of the orphanage or the big three in this magazine's going to be OP, MHA and freaking RWBY.

If they are any big three right now Black Clover would be the closest to it no? OP, MHA and BC are usually the highest.

Of course Haikyu is up there too.

Unless your speaking about the western shonen jump.

I highly doubt Promised Neverland will be a big seller to rival what peoples thought of Big 3 sales are.

BLack Clover at least has potential whenever its gets a big promo campaign and a long running tv anime...please manga goddesses.

Boogiepop

Huh, so I'm apparently weird in that I love Air Gear in part because of its descent into insanity? Well, whatever. (To be fair I've been doing the English releases so I still haven't read the end, and have let the last like 2-3 sit waiting for them to amass, so I don't have the "full experience". And I suppose it's been a good while since I tried reading it). But still, I was totally okay with the sports manga going off the rails and including goddamn superpowers and genetic experiments and skate powered mechs and Obama schoolgirls and whatnot. Sure, it probably would've been "better" if it was more focused, but goddamn if I didn't enjoy seeing it hit the point where they were, like, fighting guys dressed in RPG outfits on the back of fighter jets or whatever. And at the very least, I'd say it was a more focused/held together form of crazy than goddamn Bleach, if nothing else (I think I spied the comparison in that discussion, but I'm admittedly too distracted to go back for it right now). Maybe more akin to what happened to Toriko or something. I dunno, but I liked it, at least.

Also, latest US Shonen Jump: New series seems promising, RWBY remains terrible, and it still seems like an especially goddamn bad idea to bring along Naruto's essentially untrained rookie son to the fight with guys who are as powerful as the insane end boss from the main manga or whatever they were claiming.

Huh, so I'm apparently weird in that I love Air Gear in part because of its descent into insanity? Well, whatever. (To be fair I've been doing the English releases so I still haven't read the end, and have let the last like 2-3 sit waiting for them to amass, so I don't have the "full experience". And I suppose it's been a good while since I tried reading it). But still, I was totally okay with the sports manga going off the rails and including goddamn superpowers and genetic experiments and skate powered mechs and Obama schoolgirls and whatnot. Sure, it probably would've been "better" if it was more focused, but goddamn if I didn't enjoy seeing it hit the point where they were, like, fighting guys dressed in RPG outfits on the back of fighter jets or whatever. And at the very least, I'd say it was a more focused/held together form of crazy than goddamn Bleach, if nothing else (I think I spied the comparison in that discussion, but I'm admittedly too distracted to go back for it right now). Maybe more akin to what happened to Toriko or something. I dunno, but I liked it, at least.

Also, latest US Shonen Jump: New series seems promising, RWBY remains terrible, and it still seems like an especially goddamn bad idea to bring along Naruto's essentially untrained rookie son to the fight with guys who are as powerful as the insane end boss from the main manga or whatever they were claiming.

I think it sets up a great chance for enough danger to be present for Boruto to be transferred some of Kurama's chakras.

mdubs

Banned
RIP Red Sprite (next week is last chapter).

The churn continues. Amalgam gets a really low position right off the bat, Soma recovers after the weeks in the basement

JUMP #52
One Piece
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu!!
My Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Soma
Black Clover
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Yuna of Yuragi Manor
Gintama
Hinomaru Zumou
Amalgam of Distortion
Spring Weapon No. 01
Red Sprite (END)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Center Color)
Cover/Lead Color Page: Ore Golazo (NEW series by Takamasa Moue)
Demon's Plan (Center Color)
Samon the Summoner (Center Color)
Tera-chan (Oneshot)

Verelios

I enjoyed Air Gear mainly because the central characters were amazing, probably top 10 manga bros, but around there being one King every week (??????like what?) and power levels (A teams) getting way retconned after their resort trip I started losing it. The art was still consistently great but I couldn't follow what the hell was happening and somewhere around the battle with Nue I noped out.

I don't want to say it, however...it peaked when Ikki got his regalia.

Kieli

This current arc of Soma is very boring. It completely trivializes what the Elite 10 is when you have people being kicked out of it for being against Asami and being promoted into it (when they have no business being in it) for being with Asami.

Urgh.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 468

Fuck off Jun.
It is starting to get really irritating.

Hayate No Gotoku 549

Start of the finale?
Woah, it's been quite a long time.

Shengar

Tomo-chan 468

This isn't the case of Jun being blockhead.
This is the case of him being blunt and outright reject Tomo romantic feeling for him (albeit perhaps unknowingly).

Taruranto

I am continuously confused by people who want Promised Neverland to be something it's not and never presented itself as.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the Promised Neverland is and will be at this point. It's not like they can keep up with the same premise with 100 chapters and it's not like they can fight the titans demons once they get over the wall unless there is a major time skip and genre shift, there is only so much you can do with kids and the setup.

RIP Red Sprite (next week is last chapter).

It was pretty bad anyway, it's like the author never heard the word "pacing".

Taruranto

The complaints that they're still in the orphanage after 16 chapters are kinda baffling to me.

I'm not complain about that they're still in the orphanage lol. (If the post refers to me)

This current arc of Soma is very boring. It completely trivializes what the Elite 10 is when you have people being kicked out of it for being against Asami and being promoted into it (when they have no business being in it) for being with Asami.

Urgh.

I wonder if it's just Azami's fault (he's kinda bad, I give you) or people just getting tired of the formula. I'm not sure if getting rid of Azami will change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom