• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

No clue about Berserk, but One Piece will end first of the other three. Hunter x Hunter probably has fewer chapters left, but given Togashi's schedule it will probably take another 15-20 years to get to the ending. Maybe more.

Ippo is running for another 20 years minimum, barring something horrible happening to Morikawa.
I could see One Piece easily running for another 15 years too though. Fishman Island and Punk Hazard were about a year long, Dressrosa was two. Zou looks like it might tie up more quickly than that, but there's no telling with Oda. The format lends itself to easy padding and Shueisha are looking at a huge drop in WSJ readership when it ends (circulation dropped by half when Dragon Ball ended) so you better believe that'll get drawn out.

World trigger has a really interestimg set up but does mc ever power up. Probably.

I really like World Trigger, but I've already accepted that it's a weird hybrid between Naruto and Bleach. I do wish it was more popular than it is, but can totally understand why someone would be put off.

Kindred Spirits on the Roof seems to be getting a fair amount of doujinshis being translated, including an official one by Itou Hachi.

I really should get to playing it.
If you leave it too much longer then I'll start haunting you. Both of the official spinoffs focus on entirely new characters (with cameos from the main cast), so they might disappoint those hoping to see the in-game relationships developed. I'm too pure to have checked out any NSFW doujin(s) that may or may not have been released.

Arabesque

World trigger has a really interestimg set up but does mc ever power up. Probably.

He is starting to be more of a tactician rather than getting a straight up power up. I don't think he will ever be better than average in term of outright power (maybe in skill he will get to be better than average).

Is that supposed to be a bad thing~?
With the way I do it, yes, it is. You'll be dead in 7 days. Probably less if you eat my cooking.

There are some from Liliya and Hatake wo Tagayasudake, if you ever feel like delving into the pinker side of the doujinshi scene~
I should've put an /s in size 80 font after "too pure". Checked them out after reading your previous post, thanks for the heads-up.

S3 HQ means best 4 Shiratorizawa's animated. Especially Goshiki Tsutomu
CdrXjhhXIAIyI_V.jpg:large

And also Shirabu, Semi, and Ushiwaka, and Tendou.

I could see One Piece easily running for another 15 years too though. Fishman Island and Punk Hazard were about a year long, Dressrosa was two. Zou looks like it might tie up more quickly than that, but there's no telling with Oda. The format lends itself to easy padding and Shueisha are looking at a huge drop in WSJ readership when it ends (circulation dropped by half when Dragon Ball ended) so you better believe that'll get drawn out.

Yeah, I think 15 years is probably about right for One Piece. I think it still has a ways left, but I can't see Hunter x Hunter ending first unless Togashi stops taking such long breaks.

I can't see One Piece running much past 2030, while I could easily see Hunter x Hunter and Hajime no Ippo still around by 2040.

Not familiar with Ippo but...

Berserk to me seems like the closest to an ending. Guts is at Elfheim and a lot of long running plot lines will be wrapped up there. One has to remember Guts' goal is not to kill all of the God Hand, just Griffith. Femto is his goal. Void is merely curious of his actions and avoidance of causality. Slan is enamored with Guts, either in a sexual way or with a desire to own him. Conrad and Ubik don't seem to care or matter to Guts' story. It's pretty much impossible to give an actual time frame on when Berserk will end due to hiatus but I'd say it is close to 75% complete.

One Piece is the most consistent of the three by release schedule and a canonical halfway point - Fishman Island - was passed years ago. What remains to be seen is what the actual end point of the series is. Right now there are clear marks that must be defeated before the end - Big Mom and Kaidou. Blackbeard, Akainu and maybe Shanks are the others but they will be saved for further down the road. I doubt it is Raftel, and even if it does end up being the end there is zero chance One Piece wraps up without a second Marineford-like conflict to once and for all settle the World Government score.

Hunter x Hunter will never fucking end. Like lets be real here. Togashi could have ended it 10 chapters ago when Gon and Ging met up, but he didn't. Sure there would be plot lines abandoned and character arcs unfinished but it would at least be over. There's no chance for that now. The Dark Continent Arc looks to be as long if not LONGER then the Chimaera Ants Arc, and there is zero chance the DC Arc will be the final unless it turns out Meteor City was in the Dark Continent all along and the Spiders and Jairo are just waiting there which doesn't make any sense. I've given up hope for a conclusion to HxH.

bobohoro

On Break 820

Nooooo.
I haven't been quite as hyped for developments in a manga in a long time.

Tomo-chan 273

He's doing it on purpose.

One Piece 820:
Yeah, this is going to be a big arc. So many characters going in different directions. I guess things will be even more fragmented than they were during Dressrosa.

It was nice to be hearing about so many old names this chapter, and how everything connects together.

One Piece 820

Nami and chopper joining up to save Sanji.... maybe some Nami redemption arc

Brook got sidelined though lol.... Also Marco being tossed in is interesting
And now the poor elephant is being attacked

lol on Haitus though... well it is normal now and it is only one week

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo has been going as long as Berserk, with the consistency of One Piece. It's got over 1000 chapters in the bag, but barely even toys with setting up an endgame. Not to mention a key subplot that isn't even halfway resolved.

From the looks of the most recent chapters we'll be getting a look at the shape of the endgame soon-ish. Of course that doesn't mean it can't all blow up like it did the last two times we thought we knew how the endgame would go.

From the looks of the most recent chapters we'll be getting a look at the shape of the endgame soon-ish. Of course that doesn't mean it can't all blow up like it did the last two times we thought we knew how the endgame would go.

Takamura still has four weight divisions left to conquer. Unless Morikawa suddenly really starts pushing things forward at an incredible rate, I don't see how that ends anytime soon.

I mean, Takamura's fights usually take around half a year as it is. And considering how long it has been since he fought Eagle, it hasn't seemed like the series has been especially concerned with wrapping that up anytime soon.

I still say it's a bad idea to have any of the guys defeat Ricardo Martinez. He should retire with that damn belt. Set him up as the aspiration that no one could reach but always tries, just like his real life counterpart.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Takamura still has four weight divisions left to conquer. Unless Morikawa suddenly really starts pushing things forward at an incredible rate, I don't see how that ends anytime soon.

I mean, Takamura's fights usually take around half a year as it is. And considering how long it has been since he fought Eagle, it hasn't seemed like the series has been especially concerned with wrapping that up anytime soon.

I never said we'd enter the endgame, only that we'd get an idea of what it looks like.

We are forgetting about Kingdom, which has been running for a decade now. If the future Qin Shi Huang is going for unification of China...then he's gonna have to conquer all the regions and not one has fallen yet.

Wiseblade

We are forgetting about Kingdom, which has been running for a decade now. If the future Qin Shi Huang is going for unification of China...then he's gonna have to conquer all the regions and not one has fallen yet.
A mere decade isn't long enough to hang with this crowd. Come back in five years and maybe we'll talk.

Nobody ever has. Miyata is, and always has been, boring as fuck. Only worse character is his bullshit genius kouhai. I fucking cheered when he lost. Take that you gutter trash.

Bleach 666

dude literally did not die until he completely stated the rest of his powers abilities... oh well we all know everyone will be okay since Neil is there

glad that Kenpatchi came back though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach, Basically Any of the Last 200 Chapters

Bad Guy Dies, For reasons™

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach 666

That there are six hundred and sixty-six chapters of Bleach probably proves the existence of Satan, yes.

It would probably take 5 chapters to explain what Satan's first release does.

"Muahaha, haven't I told you not to underestimate me, random Gotei 13 underling? Your pitiful zanpakuto release could never have harmed me. As the Lord of the Damned, my first release grants me powers you would never understand! Within my sphere of influence, causality is reversed! Your feeble powers no longer serve you, but me. This is why..."

*page of black ink*

"my power is known as..."

*2 pages of random blackness with random white streaks everywhere*

*Full page spread of Satan's face (he looks like Aizen with horns and a slightly different haircut)*

2 page spread: black with white text: THE DESTRUCTION.

End box: "Ultimate power!!!"-BLEACH

Tomo-chan 273

What's funny is, we've seen proof that Jun isn't anywhere near as obtuse as he pretends to be. I think his plan is to actually do these things to make them seem unimportant and non-chalant in a sort of "we always did this" way to show that nothing has changed and he can still have her as his best friend without the romantic aspect. It's a bad plan and not working very well, but that might be the case.

Revo

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 10

I had forgotten how lewd this series is.
Stupid younger sister gimmick thing leads into an even worse plot thread. Sigh.

Angry Grimace

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 10

I had forgotten how lewd this series is.
Stupid younger sister gimmick thing leads into an even worse plot thread. Sigh.

"I forgot how lewd this hentai is"

-NeoGAF User Revo, March 16, 2016

bobohoro

"I forgot how lewd this hentai is"

-NeoGAF User Revo, March 16, 2016

Well, there are nuances to hentai.

Bleach 666

Urahara was a letdown in this fight.
Let's see how Kenpachi fares.
The cheap 3-way captain fanservice was the best damn thing Bleach did in a hundred chapters. Well maybe alongside that ass.

Haikyuu!! 198

Cds7PMOWAAAp_DA.jpg

Yaku and Nishinoya have some cool moments saving the ball. No wonder people think its the coolest position. Though I guess #SetterSoul is cool too.

I think Nohebi will probably lose in the next two chapters, seems like their weakness has already been identified.

Toriko 363

Oh man we are about to get the in vain sacrifice himself act akin to other Shonens

R.I.P
Wish this had been more inconclusive, since it's so obvious this will amount to nothing but killing off Don Slime. If we're lucky it'll incur lasting damage to Neo, but even that seems unlikely. Neo is the final boss, so he's obviously not being taken out right now

Wish this had been more inconclusive, since it's so obvious this will amount to nothing but killing off Don Slime. If we're lucky it'll incur lasting damage to Neo, but even that seems unlikely. Neo is the final boss, so he's obviously not being taken out right now

I mean if your going to do a sacrifice explosion might as well blow up the whole planet to make sure he dies

screw the rest of the cast.... solo takedown

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT

just chaos

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece - 820
Aaaaah these are the chapters i like

Toriko - 363
If this is as predictable as i think it is why even create the Don Slime character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom