• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
There's really no chance of a happy ending is there?

Even if there is if it continues to show stuff like this an happy ending is like a pyrrhic victory. I guess asking for something a bit more normal and lighthearted from a troubled individual like Asano is a bit too much...
Whatever.

rrvv

Honestly, is there some black magic that Seo use that manage to capture the reader to continue reading his manga despite the reader obviously hated it

Someone pm or spoiler tag since I have no interest in reading a seo manga what did Suzuka do to troll its readers I know what Fuuka did (which is still hilarious).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helck ch. 64

Man, having started this up recently, you would never guess where this winds up going from the first few chapters. Favorite shounen going.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 31

Not surprised this got darker, but wasn't expecting this particular angle with the aliens.

Dungeon Meshi ch. 22

That poor sister is never getting rescued, is she.

Arabesque

Someone pm or spoiler tag since I have no interest in reading a seo manga what did Suzuka do to troll its readers I know what Fuuka did (which is still hilarious).

After Yamato and Suzuka have sex, it turns out that they forgot to use protection and turns out that Suzuka ended up getting pregnant. They struggle about what to do for a bit, then decide to have the baby, drop out of school and have a shot gun wedding. After that, the manga end with Yamato becoming a salaryman and Suzuka having given birth to Fuuka.

Troll might not be the appropriate word here. It was more of a "very special episode" type of ending.

What happened in Fuuka still makes me laugh to this day. Seo has the talent to take what could actually work as a strong storyline and twist it enough so it becomes ludicrously absurd.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After Yamato and Suzuka have sex, it turns out that they forgot to use protection and turns out that Suzuka ended up getting pregnant. They struggle about what to do for a bit, then decide to have the baby, drop out of school and have a shot gun wedding. After that, the manga end with Yamato becoming a salaryman and Suzuka having given birth to Fuuka.

Troll might not be the appropriate word here. It was more of a "very special episode" type of ending.

What happened in Fuuka still makes me laugh to this day. Seo has the talent to take what could actually work as a strong storyline and twist it enough so it becomes ludicrously absurd.

I died laughing at the Fuuka thing. I remember being one of the few who actually thought she died. It was fantastic fuckery, especially since the entire series up to that point was fairly good.

Arabesque

I died laughing at the Fuuka thing. I remember being one of the few who actually thought she died. It was fantastic fuckery, especially since the entire series up to that point was fairly good.

Yeah, the manga was honestly a fine, if uninspired, romcom that was fun every chapter or so. Until Seo did what he does and bam, truck outta nowhere.

It was insane. I couldn't believe what Seo did when I first read the chapter, and it wasn't until the following chapters where everyone went to the funeral and were grieving that it set in what sort nonsense he was trying.

I remember laughing so hard when THE LEGEND BEGINS showed up. I realised immediately what he was trying to do and I couldn't help but laugh. The entire manga after that just went off the rails.

The funny thing is that there was a genuinely great story to be told there from what happened, but instead he went with the more absurd direction.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm hoping we start seeing more of the actual Dark Continent in the upcoming chapters but that seems a while away. Togashi seemed to only have gotten started giving us back story on a lot of people, places and events in the HxH world. Would be fine with Gon and Killua on the back burner while letting some characters like Leorio, the greatest one, get their time to shine while seeing what's up with Ging, Pariston and the few others who seem to have a clue what the fuck is going on.

I'd even take the dreaded time skip if Togashi plays with expectations and turns some things on their heads. That and I'd love to see Gon closer to the form he took against Pitou.

Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen - 14

Poor Adol XD
That mirror of Joshua bit was great too!

Gintama - 579
Kouka was great, pretty good couple.
Umibouzu was hella cool in his youth lol

Wiseblade

take your bets on how long this will last!
I give it 20 chapters. Just long enough for people to start caring about HxH again, but not long enough for Togashi to accidentally make another stopping point.

I also bring back my old question: which will end first?

1) HunterxHunter
2) Berserk
3) One Piece
4) Hajime no Ippo

Zweizer

Banned
Love Tyrant ch29.5

Akane is simply the best.

The Ancient Magus' Brde ch27

It was nice to hear about Alice's past.

Merry Christmas!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shimanami Tasogare seems pretty good.
Oh yeah, i just read it. Quite nice. I think i'll give my impression about it.

Shimanami Tasogare 1-3

A highschooler got outed as gay by his schoolmates, and he try to hide it. Afraid of being discriminated, he lied to others, but at the same time, it make him depressed. He later meets Anonymous, a mysterious woman who's known to help others with their problem.

I give it 20 chapters. Just long enough for people to start caring about HxH again, but not long enough for Togashi to accidentally make another stopping point.

I also bring back my old question: which will end first?

1) HunterxHunter
2) Berserk
3) One Piece
4) Hajime no Ippo

Hunter X Hunter. Since there's a chance Togashi will end it, and then make a sequel drawn by other illustrator.

Wiseblade

Hunter X Hunter. Since there's a chance Togashi will end it, and then make a sequel drawn by other illustrator.
Chapter 340 confirmed that Togashi isn't going to mercy kill the series. It would have been the perfect opportunity to end "HxH" and start a successor collaborating with an artist. Instead, we got a cliffhanger and another hiatus.

LOL

Is Fuuka the same Fuuka that got hit by a truck? Or is this a different Fuuka/Fuuka2?

Arabesque

LOL

Is Fuuka the same Fuuka that got hit by a truck? Or is this a different Fuuka/Fuuka2?

It's the Fuuka who got hit by the truck who's the daughter of Yamato/Suzuka. Suzuka even shows up to her grave in Fuuka (the series) and tells her boyfriend to go and win the music tournament or something. Fuuka 2.0 is just her clone that Seo created because fuck it, why not?

Man, just thinking about it. lol, like what even was he going with that
we don't even get to see Suzuka and Yamato grief over their daughters death, or even get to see her home life was like before or after.

So stupid.

It's the Fuuka who got hit by the truck who's the daughter of Yamato/Suzuka. Suzuka even shows up to her grave in Fuuka (the series) and tells her boyfriend to go and win the music tournament or something. Fuuka 2.0 is just her clone that Seo created because fuck it, why not?

Man, just thinking about it. lol, like what even was he going with that
we don't even get to see Suzuka and Yamato grief over their daughters death, or even get to see her home life was like before or after.

So stupid.

That is fucking commitment to troll the shit out of your audience

Arabesque

That is fucking commitment to troll the shit out of your audience

I don't even think it's intentional trolling, at least not fully. The ideas make sense, and could (and should!) work in capable hands in execution.

It's just that Seo pulls some of the most aggravating shit you will ever see. Kimi no Iru Machi sort of became that after the time skip, whoever he tried to engineer drama for the sake of drama to the very end.

Man, the last arc in Kimi no Iru Machi and Fuuka completely turned my opinion on his works lol

Wiseblade

I know I'm late, but the last two chapters of One Piece have been great. Something about bringing up Raftel/One Piece just get me SO HYPE.

Also, I would love to travel back in time and read people's opinions in 2003 to WSJ. One Piece, Shaman King and HxH are in full stride, Naruto was still good and Bleach & Eyeshield 21 were just starting. It must have been a golden age.

upandaway

I know I'm late, but the last two chapters of One Piece have been great. Something about bringing up Raftel/One Piece just get me SO HYPE.

Also, I would love to travel back in time and read people's opinions in 2003 to WSJ. One Piece, Shaman King and HxH are in full stride, Naruto was still good and Bleach & Eyeshield 21 were just starting. It must have been a golden age.
Jump seems to be on a starting point right now too. People might say the same about this period in 10 years (I think it needs one more push of a new adventure series though)

Wiseblade

Jump seems to be on a starting point right now too. People might say the same about this period in 10 years (I think it needs one more push of a new adventure series though)

Hmm, It might just be my personal taste but I don't see it as much. Maybe if MHA is still on point this time next year and World Trigger steps up a level.

Arabesque

Hmm, It might just be my personal taste but I don't see it as much. Maybe if MHA is still on point this time next year and World Trigger steps up a level.

I love World Trigger, and it is my favourite "new" series running in Jump currently, but I don't see it lasting long enough to step it up or become the same as MHA or Black Clover, since the reality is that Ashihara's health (and reliance on strong medication to continue working on a weekly schedule) and at best, cult following, means it is more of the Psyren/Medaka Box/Sket Dance of this generation.

It will have a respectable run, conclude its story naturally, and be remembered as a good manga when all is said and done (unless Ashihara is forced to end it because of his health, but hopefully it doesn't come to that).

With that said, I do think we are about to enter another Golden Era of Jump, similar to what 2004 was. I don't think it was a coincidence that they timed their biggest manga from that coming back at the same time in some fashion unless the editorial is trying to push the magazine in a new direction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, the manga was honestly a fine, if uninspired, romcom that was fun every chapter or so. Until Seo did what he does and bam, truck outta nowhere.

It was insane. I couldn't believe what Seo did when I first read the chapter, and it wasn't until the following chapters where everyone went to the funeral and were grieving that it set in what sort nonsense he was trying.

I remember laughing so hard when THE LEGEND BEGINS showed up. I realised immediately what he was trying to do and I couldn't help but laugh. The entire manga after that just went off the rails.

The funny thing is that there was a genuinely great story to be told there from what happened, but instead he went with the more absurd direction.
i still think she's gonna turn out to be alive in a coma or with severe memory loss or some shit.

Arabesque

i still think she's gonna turn out to be alive in a coma or with severe memory loss or some shit.

Where it's revealed that she had to undergo complete facial reconstruction surgery and in typical Seo Fashion(tm) Fuuka is unveiled as being Fuuka 2.0 all along.

Yeah, I can see that shit happening.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Where it's revealed that she had to undergo complete facial reconstruction surgery and in typical Seo Fashion(tm) Fuuka is unveiled as being Fuuka 2.0 all along.

Yeah, I can see that shit happening.
The grave scene with Suzuka made it less likely but it's Seo so fuckery is expected

The grave scene with Suzuka made it less likely but it's Seo so fuckery is expected

Fuuka's doctors accidentally switched her with another girl who was gonna have plastic surgery, other girl died due to the meds they forced her to take to try and save her while Fuuka pulled through with a new look.

Just throwing out insane theories

Zweizer

Banned
aCjJjtc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom