• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
bleachnovel.jpg

That title...so Kubo.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I feel like people are missing a really obvious thing. What does that title mean? Who is Rukia knot always loving? I'll tell you who. Renji. IchiRukia affair confirmed and that kid is also probably Ichigo's. I am enjoying this upward trend in Shonen protags growing up to be relatively shitty parents.

One-Punch Man 64

That feeling when OPM is starting to drag like the shonen it started out making fun of.

That was my thought of the Garou arc in the original comic, too. It's much, much longer than the previous arcs, it has less humor and it's more 'straightforward', it features consecutive 1vs1 fights of lots of characters like other fight shonens, etc.

Ray Down

Banned
Legendary mangakas made a tribute to Mr. Kotoku, the publication manager in Tezuka Production.
He has been one of the judges for Tezuka Award for a long time. These mangakas are also judges for the award.

Lq3Avcc.jpg

I feel like people are missing a really obvious thing. What does that title mean? Who is Rukia knot always loving? I'll tell you who. Renji. IchiRukia affair confirmed and that kid is also probably Ichigo's. I am enjoying this upward trend in Shonen protags growing up to be relatively shitty parents.
No, you see, you are missing the most obvious hint. What does knot mean? To fasten rope. What can you do with rope? A noose.

Kubo is esentially telling IchiRuki people to hang themselves.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That was my thought of the Garou arc in the original comic, too. It's much, much longer than the previous arcs, it has less humor and it's more 'straightforward', it features consecutive 1vs1 fights of lots of characters like other fight shonens, etc.

If Murata and ONE are doing what I expect they are doing this entire added arc with the tournament and the M.A. attacks is basically a big lead up to the actual Monster Association arc which while still having Shonen tropes does have a lot of humor. I mean you've got people like Black Sperm and Fuhrer Ugly as well King showing off the King Engine full and his ultimate attack. Seems like this current arc is going full shonen only for everything, shit and all, to hit the fan after this.

Legendary mangakas made a tribute to Mr. Kotoku, the publication manager in Tezuka Production.
He has been one of the judges for Tezuka Award for a long time. These mangakas are also judges for the award.

That is super cool.

Also y'all crazy, Garou Arc is best arc.

Also MPB, new Monster Musume is out with sweaty kobolds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where's the spider girl booth where they crotchet clothing right in front of you, that's what I want to know!

Where's the spider girl booth where they crotchet clothing right in front of you, that's what I want to know!

I don't know if I actually wanna see that.

I mean, the internet and hentai has pretty much shattered any normalcy my fetishes ever had, but pooping thread might not be in my wheelhouse.

Meanwhile...

Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai. 1-3

A light and fluffy manga about a 28 year old widower who begins to enjoy cooking when she starts doing it for a teenager who lives alone and I'm screaming at them to fuck the whole time.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 43

Of course that's what the charms do. Anyway, I guess helping out is one way Kogarashi can see everything at the school festival, though Hibari didn't get the alone time she wanted. I wonder what will go wrong during the play.

Big One

Banned
So I moved into a new house and I got myself a new setup for my manga collection:

Most of them are incomplete but I'm still working on that. Here's the collection in text form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKilG9vilGQnDdf597H9K0p-DR11n_8nv9NyzCq17LM/edit?usp=sharing

This collection has been building up for 10+ years. Some of the first manga I've ever bought with my own money were: Berserk, Hellsing, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, Orphen (for some reason), Death Note.

Some stories from throughout the years:

- Originally I had three volumes of Death Note and was trying to buy them as they released. I lent away Vol. 2 and 3 in high school and never got them back.
- Shaman King Vol. 1 was sent to me instead of Hellsing Vol. 3 for some reason.
- Orphen was the first and only manga I bought at my school's Scholastic Book Fair.
- I play YGO, hence the random YGO volumes. They had exclusive cards in them as promo.
- Kingdom Hearts manga is the first outright terrible manga I read in my life. It's really the drizzling shits and was highly disappointed by it considering how much of a fan I was of the games.
- The only "flipped" manga I own is the Star Wars manga. Which speaking of I dunno why I never finished collecting it. It's literally a recreation of the original Star Wars in manga form.
- Didn't even buy a single volume of One Piece till three years ago. I started with Volume 42 cause I had a friend that was watching the dubbed anime with me and the dub stopped at the beginning of Eines Lobby. So I just said fuck it and help him catch up with the official releases which went all the way to Fishman Island at the time. My only regret is that I had better foresight with the boxsets they have yet now, because even if I buy Boxset 2 I would have to get rid of several manga volumes.
- I deeply regret not snatching up Battle Angel Alita back in the day. When it was cheap, I was close to getting it. I loved the manga when I read it online years ago. Now it fetches for a hefty dollar.

So I moved into a new house and I got myself a new setup for my manga collection:

Most of them are incomplete but I'm still working on that. Here's the collection in text form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKilG9vilGQnDdf597H9K0p-DR11n_8nv9NyzCq17LM/edit?usp=sharing

This collection has been building up for 10+ years. Some of the first manga I've ever bought with my own money were: Berserk, Hellsing, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, Orphen (for some reason), Death Note.

- Originally I had three volumes of Death Note and was trying to buy them as they released. I lent away Vol. 2 and 3 in high school and never got them back.
- Orphen was the first and only manga I bought at my school's Scholastic Book Fair.
- I play YGO, hence the random YGO volumes. They had exclusive cards in them as promo.
- Kingdom Hearts manga is the first outright terrible manga I read in my life. It's really the drizzling shits and was highly disappointed by it considering how much of a fan I was of the games.
- The only "flipped" manga I own is the Star Wars manga. Which speaking of I dunno why I never finished collecting it. It's literally a recreation of the original Star Wars in manga form.
- Didn't even buy a single volume of One Piece till three years ago. I started with Volume 42 cause I had a friend that was watching the dubbed anime with me and the dub stopped at the beginning of Eines Lobby. So I just said fuck it and help him catch up with the official releases which went all the way to Fishman Island at the time. My only regret is that I had better foresight with the boxsets they have yet now, because even if I buy Boxset 2 I would have to get rid of several manga volumes.
- I deeply regret not snatching up Battle Angel Alita back in the day. When it was cheap, I was close to getting it. I loved the manga when I read it online years ago. Now it fetches for a hefty dollar.

Nice, though it looks like you're almost in need of another bookshelf already.

I still need to do something like this with all my manga, as they're all shoved in wherever I had room in my bookshelf.

Big One

Banned
Nice, though it looks like you're almost in need of another bookshelf already.

I still need to do something like this with all my manga, as they're all shoved in wherever I had room in my bookshelf.
I will once I finish One Piece and several other series. My goal series right now are: Hellsing, Trigun, One Piece, and Berserk. The others I'm waiting on. I also try keeping up to date on random manga like Seven Deadly Sins and Arslan for example.

Shengar

Dammit, the print quality of US manga makes me want to burn my whole collection due to how shit it is.

Mai Ball 73 is pretty much a real nice encapsulation of why I really like it and think it's a really good series.

Also, the mangaka is REALLY good at character designs. He makes all the girls in the manga uniquely designed where even nobodies on other teams who just have crowd shots are easily identifiable. I've always loved the dude's art but I think he's given it a much stronger design sensibility now that he's not writing an action manga. Well, a non-sport manga. He has great kinetic movement and none of his paneling ever leaves me confused to what actually happens. The girls are adorable, and even though they haven't gotten a ton of development yet, a lot of them still have very strong characteristics and identities (even if a little one dimensional). Reika is the best because she is far from your normal ojou-sama, she has a surprisingly full personality. These two pages sum up very succinctly why I like this manga.

Reika going over to kill them with a chair slays me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom