• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I wanna like chinese manga badly but it feels like half of the text is lost in translation so it makes the dialogue seem like it was written by a toddler.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 235

LOL. This is starting to feel like a parody.

At some point Yoshikawa got REALLY hung up on the memory wipe power.

Fuuka 136

Seo is cruel motherfucker

What are you talking about? We've been waiting for MAXIMUM SEO the whole time, not a generic band drama. We haven't gotten anything this good since Fuuka 2.0 tried to glomp Truck-kun.

I bought the first one yea, and I also enjoyed it, volume 2 is suppose to release really soon too.

Good.

Biomega is great, but the author is way better at plots where there's actually very little going on. Blame! works much better because of the sparseness of it's storytelling and how little dialogue their normally is.

And it's gorgeous.

Mai Ball 75

There was some good action shots in this one; tall tan girl kicking Chidori sideways was a great panel. I have no problem with a "cheaters" arc because this manga never presented itself as a realistic depiction of soccer.

Inuyashiki 70

Well, I can honestly say that was a pretty great chapter.

I mean, the mangaka isn't normally the type to be good at emotional stuff (read Gantz or...well, this series) but this actually resonated quite a bit and was strengthened by a lot of the wordless panels such as the reporter woman pushing the camera lens away and people's reactions. Couple that with Inuyashiki flashing back through his life and Mari talking with her mom and brother and it just was incredibly effective.

Probably one of the best chapters this dude has written.

Keyman 53

FUCK YOU AARON

CURSE YOUR INEVITABLE BETRAYAL

Inuyashiki 70

Well, I can honestly say that was a pretty great chapter.

I mean, the mangaka isn't normally the type to be good at emotional stuff (read Gantz or...well, this series) but this actually resonated quite a bit and was strengthened by a lot of the wordless panels such as the reporter woman pushing the camera lens away and people's reactions. Couple that with Inuyashiki flashing back through his life and Mari talking with her mom and brother and it just was incredibly effective.

Probably one of the best chapters this dude has written.

How far might the anime go? DOes the manga have a chapter that would make a logical stopping point?

Ascheroth

So I just finished the 6 volumes of Biomega, I LOVED the art, but damn when the earth became that giant thing, the story confused me so much lol. Popping out names I did not see for like 2 volumes and think I can remember them.

Still I enjoyed it.

Now read Blame! if you haven't!

Nihei stories are always confusing as fuck to me, but I love his style. Also makes it easy to reread them every now and then since you're not going to remember all of it anyway lol.

Good.

Biomega is great, but the author is way better at plots where there's actually very little going on. Blame! works much better because of the sparseness of it's storytelling and how little dialogue their normally is.

And it's gorgeous.
Yup, Blame is my favorite out of all his works.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 152

Brilliant chapter, cute and funny.

Mai Ball 75

Can't wait for the hellfire that will ensue when Reika comes on pitch.
Mitsu totally losing it is hilarious, that free kick.

rrc1594

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 235

How many times can this happen!

What are you talking about? We've been waiting for MAXIMUM SEO the whole time, not a generic band drama. We haven't gotten anything this good since Fuuka 2.0 tried to glomp Truck-kun.

You are right I should just enjoy the insanity. Man shouldn't this girls feel insecure? He is only attracted to them because they have some type connection to his dead girlfriend.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Magi 331 Morg doesn't get enough credit because she is a really good character. Couple really good lines that kind of stuck out in my mind "I learned what I can and cannot forgive," "By loving you, I learned how to love myself." I legit wonder the scale of this fight? Is it just gonna be Alibaba v. Sinbad? Are his generals going to duke it out?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 235

How many times can this happen!

You are right I should just enjoy the insanity. Man shouldn't this girls feel insecure? He is only attracted to them because they have some type connection to his dead girlfriend.

Fuuka 2's forthcoming feelings of inadequacy as a replacement for Fuuka 1.0 (and the truth behind that) is probably legitimately the central drama in this manga.

I have no reason to suspect its going to work out better than expected at this point. In fact, I would consider if FAR more likely that he simply doesn't get together with Fuuka 2 (either because he feels guilty about Fuuka 1.0 and replacing her with someone so similar, or because she rejects him for the same reason) and hooks up with Koyuki, which he'll later come to regret since he really does love Fuuka 2.

That saved me some chapters, thanks !

Komi-san wa Komyushou Pilot & 1-8

1hVh4ML.png

Mood whiplash

Angry Grimace

Criminale! 28

Truck-kun just wants senpai to notice him

I bought all of Viz's hardcover release of JoJo part 1 and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is it a good release. It looks amazing. I may end up buying the entire manga like this if they keep going beyond Stardust Crusaders because good lord, the idea of Part 4-7 with this level of quality and care put into the physical editions makes me half-chub.

Keyman 55

Fucking Bloodborne

Angry Grimace

Criminale! 28

Dammit MC just marry her already. Your kids will live in an eternal cycle of having things stolen and then stealing them back. I fear for Harukana's future once her flashback story's been told.

She's not getting MC, she's just going to make friends and learn to be seen. It's like all in her heart or some shit.

Tsukiko's got it on lockdown, sorry.

DemWalls

To Love-Ru Darkness 74

It's official, Yabuki doesn't know what to draw anymore. Now I expect TLR to be wrapped up quickly and then he'll go full hentai.

Shengar

Interviews with monster girls any good?
Is this a manga that we're talking about?
EDIT: Oh crap, this is the english title of Demi-chan apparently
Science of course!

For once I agree with Zweizer

====

Mai Ball 36

This is surprisingly decent, but it's too bad that narrative have to work within a harem story even though Kunimitsu is a rather good lead in that regard.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ch 78-81: Wait!?
Is he dead, an android or what now?

Dolls Ch 63-65: By the end of that i'm not sure I even knew who to root for... the abused child murderer or the callous and heartless executioner. And apparently everyone here is somehow related to one another?

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Ch 15-18: Well he has to be the dumbest Lizard I have ever seen.

Phantasmal Tale Under The Moonlight: A great little webcomic that revolves around Vampires and Vampire Hunters. Main character is a precious little psychopath who now seems to apparently be possessed/haunted by thousands of dead souls. SWEET!

Vanitas No Shuki: From the author of Pandora Hearts, great start so far but I am afraid its going to make me as sad and upset as the end of Pandora Hearts did...

Black Haze Latest: Seems to make sense... Also excellent mama Rood doodle on the end.

God Of High School Latest: Does this make sense? No? Ah well I'll draw it anyway.

Think that's about it...

Shengar

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

This series is what in the first place looks like typical school slice of life manga with a bit of romantic comedy thrown it. And it is exactly what I just have described, but since we can't have too many school life romantic comedy around without any gimmick to differentiate them, what's the selling point of Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki? If you're into big/tall girl then Fujiyama her self probably is. But to say that the titular character is the only good thing about it is a great disservice to this comfy and good School SoL and to Fujiyama herself. So there's another in the manga that worth checking out beside her? Absolutely, especially if you like slow SoL story like me.

So let started with the fact that the most outstanding thing this manga have is how ordinary it is. It sound strange at first, but considering the plethora of school life manga where the ordinary character thrown into extraordinary circumstance, or extraordinary characters met in ordinary events to set them apart from one another, it is not so. Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki is an ordinary school life story through and through that set in reality. The main characters wear uniform just like their friends. All of the students have natural color hair and no crazily weird hair style as far as I remember. And most importantly, the characters just like in real life, do care of what their friend think about them especially on their own love live.

This ordinariness that makes Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki stands out to me. It wasn't just telling the everyday school life of Fujiyama as it would be not enough, but the author thrown in some romantic comedy into it by making Fujiyama develops romantic relationship with her childhood friend Kanba. And just like the rest of manga being ordinary, the love relationship between them also filled with no so extraordinary circumstances of misunderstanding, awkwardness, and tender moment. The best term that I can look up in english of their relationship and the whole manga is about is puppy love, since it's clear that as much as they love each other, their kind love is pure, the immature kind that is found between children and teenager.

Just like any other SoL manga that I like, I believe it takes a great skill to make the ordinary to be interesting. It takes pure technical skill in comic storytelling to not make your reader fallen asleep especially with the rather minimal, realistic drawing that Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki had. As I'm reading through it, I can't deny that it reminds a lot of Yotsuba&! on how the storytelling works and unfold. But instead of telling us the innocence of hyper energetic green haired girl, Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki tell us the (not-so) innocent relationship between Fujiyama and Kanba. There are so much similarities in technique that I dare to bet my money that Ojiro Makoto must've worked as Azuma Kiyohiko assistant at some point.

So yeah, if you like big girl go read this. But if you just want comfy SoL, you can read this too.

criminale! 28

That is pretty sad. Poor Harukana.

She's not getting MC, she's just going to make friends and learn to be seen. It's like all in her heart or some shit.

Tsukiko's got it on lockdown, sorry.

Kinda what I'm thinking. Same with Hanako, as she'll get over MC eventually hopefully. Plus Tsukiko's best girl anyway.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Interviews with monster girls any good?

Why yes. It's cute and comfy.

To Love-Ru Darkness 74

It's official, Yabuki doesn't know what to draw anymore. Now I expect TLR to be wrapped up quickly and then he'll go full hentai.
I personally thinks TLR darkness is lewder than your average hentai.

Hime no dameshi 4
Oh boy pretentious cafe with it expensive lunch, bland taste, and small portion. Screw that, eat pasta the way you like it it. Big portion with a lot of salt. High blood pressure and getting fatter? Worth it.

Dungeon meshi 30
Come february, there's better be a big letter saying that this manga got green lit for anime adaptation. This is the perfect d&d manga

cntr

Banned
It'd be fun to make a "drive a vehicle with awkward controls" game where you need to get a truck to run someone over at just the right time, like right after the romantic confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom