• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
What would his signature move be?
Hogyoku Dance: a mix of Sword Dance and Ancient Power, it raises all stats by 2 stages.

Mai Ball 73 is pretty much a real nice encapsulation of why I really like it and think it's a really good series.
Wait wait wait... Mai Ball is about cute girl playing football? Why no one told me before?

So I moved into a new house and I got myself a new setup for my manga collection:
Really nice, I see the height matches the volumes plus the space of a finger to pick them up, is it custom built?

Lain

So, I don't know if any of you remember when I commented about how each chapter title page in the Gantz volumes I'm buying had fanservice of some kind, usually topless girls and how it had never anything to do with the content of the chapters.
Well, I was reading volume 12 and seeing some of the chapter title pages in this one reminded me how you guys were all man how did yabuki slip vags through his editors because I can see the labia in the fanservice pages in Gantz now as the girls have upgraded to fully naked for no reason whatsoever.
Hiroya Oku is such a perv.

By the way, Kei is still a shit character 12 volumes into the story (this Izumi dude is even shittier but for other reasons).

Big One

Banned
Really nice, I see the height matches the volumes plus the space of a finger to pick them up, is it custom built?
Nope it's just a media case with adjustable sheelves. Basically ts meant to hold Blurays and DVDs and it makes a great bookcase for small books like manga or even regular paperbacks.

Usobuko

Banned
Legendary mangakas made a tribute to Mr. Kotoku, the publication manager in Tezuka Production.
He has been one of the judges for Tezuka Award for a long time. These mangakas are also judges for the award.

Lq3Avcc.jpg

Who's the mangaka on the top left?

elyetis

Speaking of Letter Bee, while checking the author name I just saw that the last volume got released a couple month ago. Is it worth getting into it ? I think I read the first volume and liked it at the time, but I still find kind of suprising that it went as far as 20 volume, I guess it evolved into a bigger story.

bobohoro

So I moved into a new house and I got myself a new setup for my manga collection:

Nice.
There's something about shelves full of books, always puts a smile on my face seeing it. Kinda weird.

Mai Ball 73 is pretty much a real nice encapsulation of why I really like it and think it's a really good series.

Those two pages were really awesome. Chidori taking it way too seriously and starting crying got me good.

And that wasn't even a dive, it was the ref being dumb.

Shengar

Why there's barely normal fantasy manga or light novel that involved monster musume (or monster otoko in that matter)? My scientific curiosity demands more than just human-non human intercourse or watching their daily life!

Wiseblade

Dragon Ball Side Story: The Case of Being Reincarnated as Yamcha 1

I think we can officially end Isekai as a genre after this, nothing is going to top it.

YAMCHA JUST TANKED 5 SAIBAMEN EXPLODING AT ONCE

Cute girls?

I mean, it's not the only reason but the type of cute they are is certainly an aspect of the appeal. It's not like...say we were talking before about fan-service and a lot of it having a violent or aggressively misogynistic aspect to it. We get chapters of Mitsu in a tank top and short shorts, lazing around and ANGLES and you can often see a focus on butts and underwear lines, stomachs of slightly uplifted shirts...the only full nudity is in bath scenes where it's all girls being girls around each other. The fanservice is kept light and fluffy. There aren't any tripping into boobs (that I can recall), people not wanting to be naked ending up in compromising positions, a villain slashing at someone so their clothes just happen to rip and expose them...

It's all very soft and the tone is kept happy throughout.

Speaking of Letter Bee, while checking the author name I just saw that the last volume got released a couple month ago. Is it worth getting into it ? I think I read the first volume and liked it at the time, but I still find kind of suprising that it went as far as 20 volume, I guess it evolved into a bigger story.

Yes Tegami Bachi is amazing, I hope you just dont mind all the crying.

Zweizer

Banned
Nanashi no Asterism ch12

That was close, but how long before the cat gets out of the bag? Especially with Kotooka not letting things up.

Onani Master Kurosawa ch31.5 (Epilogue omake)

They're still the same after all these years~

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fluttering Feelings 1-68

It's a shame this author has terminal cancer, this was a pretty good slow romance between two college women. It's sad that she won't be able to draw a conclusive end, or even a kiss scene. 31 is way too young to deal with that. :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Onani Master Kurosawa 4koma epilogue
OMG, what a perfect way to end 2016. FUCK YEAH

Chio-chan no tsuugakuro 14

Author know what's up with Japanese gaming industry. Also, congrats to Chio for finally discovering her fetish. *clap

Kaguya 46

Well.... FUCK. I guess author need to prolong it. A man gotta eat.
Anime adaptation better be announced soon, since chapter 45 is perfect to end the anime 1st season.

So, I don't know if any of you remember when I commented about how each chapter title page in the Gantz volumes I'm buying had fanservice of some kind, usually topless girls and how it had never anything to do with the content of the chapters.
Well, I was reading volume 12 and seeing some of the chapter title pages in this one reminded me how you guys were all man how did yabuki slip vags through his editors because I can see the labia in the fanservice pages in Gantz now as the girls have upgraded to fully naked for no reason whatsoever.
Hiroya Oku is such a perv.

By the way, Kei is still a shit character 12 volumes into the story (this Izumi dude is even shittier but for other reasons).

Yup, author is definitely a pervert. He is after all the first one to use tits motion trail technique in a manga.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dungeon Meshi ch30

Hard to go any further while exhausted and without supplies. It was the right decision.

Poor Marcille. Laius at least wasn't conscious during it.
I was wondering how they were going to keep the story going and it seems they're going with the "princess is in another castle" route.

Still there's enough material for a conclusive season now. ANIME WEN?

elyetis

Am I mistaken or some of them are bending because of the weight ?

I know I had that problem and had to reinforce them :
The white bar ( I should paint it black, but you usually don't see it anyway ) under Katsu solidify it and prevent it from bending.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Hinomaru Zumou ch110

Yo that was a god tier chapter. At least a good 50+ chapters in the making a clash at the apex. No other WSJ manga currently creates the hype quite like this one does.

bobohoro

On the topic of shelves full of manga:
The Berserk reprints seem to have a different spine than the originals.
It's driving me insane.

On the topic of shelves full of manga:
The Berserk reprints seem to have a different spine than the originals.
It's driving me insane.

I hate that shit. Its like how there are four different boxes for PS3 games, and how extremely early PS1 game cases (exactly the same as Sega CD cases) are twice the size of the more common PS1 games

I hate that shit. Its like how there are four different boxes for PS3 games, and how extremely early PS1 game cases (exactly the same as Sega CD cases) are twice the size of the more common PS1 games
Call me weird but I loved how European PS2 cases spines were just black text on white background. It gave the the whole thing a lot of homogeneity on a shelf.

Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai 1-3

Creepy undertones : the manga.

Kaguya 46

BULLSHIT

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dungeon Meshi ch. 30

Those orcish decoction ingredients.

Dragon Ball: Reborn as Yamcha ch. 1

This was amusing. Want to see Mr. Wolf Fang Fist lay out Nappa and Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom