• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Y1Cp63Jli5LZD079TJ9_2xG_KwdM_xtYqPRpyc0CmRi7Y9N6oNhlogi9UGrE9tDFqnXlz94VmfatYB7eCmPFnEP9sgzo-XZmoiRL_K0iPfzNeFQhOqAEurWtH4n6_5fztL8Wqhw6m_Wy05-dIfq9U5dw79w710luQw_inDXlG_Bw4Y5KFWED2UkhXNVVDrCBpqqyJwHib11iQlcz65vu354nUXp0hx4Ji6NOIC8pZOlI2BWlxokF97d4533LZY1PZ7cSorEB3uYCkVAJDESaOICxLyv8h7FMk5Z2pWX9dkwzBSnDfYGyP7sq-Wq04NkTI9rTKGZo3iiepIZCruDhUZWA8DmREaeYNaGIY8HhY5ZEewh8HnfHGn-2M-BJf7Me5zPlRV-TmIV22a2hkN66UEoiTdkB4e7PW06LbaYYaQWgzcxt4w7LWJTXI6No5p8Ed1zFU9zjC5rxOvb9OCmr_fBMVRJwUXIvQPaTqepvTc_-8ViurGvp6zPhdehnx7yE11eV9zU7e6LR1-zYcQW-ldtOOLpAemisB49wEwjnJ9xRGqpwl4HORODB27-IOq9S0H7xG25WY8dSHxvyG_1rqfHmyxN0LX8C9LuDvMrh4PQyIQqR56tmMwiDkoLPfha8XYO5KRPmp3fSKgRUO2k6NS-wQrr9gWyItSB6JhQwpA=w671-h894-no

What is this and how do we get it translated?

dani_dc

Guessing it's a doujin and either a normal fan comic, a joke fan comic, or smut.

Don't think so.
Found it in a regular bookstore next to all the official volumes of Fuuka, it has an advertising to the anime in the front and it's published by Kodansha.

I'm guessing it's a guide book of some sorts.

Zweizer

Banned
Nanashi no Asterism ch14

Washio definitely needed some background development. Glad that it's here at last.

This kind of shit just breaks my heart. Feeling forced to suppress yourself just for some idea of normalcy.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch25

It's fun to break down how supernatural beings work with physics, in this case as it manages agood balance between realism and fantasy.

Dullahans are time travelers confirmed.

Hakoiri Drops ch31

Times are rough for Kasugai. Good things he has such good friends~

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko ch20

RIP. At least they got along well beforehand.

S Watari-san to M Mura-kun ch5

Such a caring master.

Nanashi no Asterism 14
Good thing no-one knows what your secret is. Assuming she's not talking about some kind of higher level secret above the obvious one. This backstory honestly didn't do much to improve my opinion of Nadeshiko, but Kotooka gained some sympathy points.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san 5
This is a disgraceful breach of her inhuman rights. I was about to start rolling my eyes at the prospect of a beach chapter this early, but fortunately it graduated from that within a few pages. If they want to come to the festival every year forever, all Sophie has to do is turn them both into vampires. Or zombies. Or vampire zombies.

Baby Steps 277-278:
Ei-chan better win at least this one match. It would be too cruel if his comeback match still resulted in him losing again. I mean, the series has built Pete up over the last few chapters, but he doesn't feel like someone who is completely beyond his means of defeating right now.

The main bad guy was a rabbit from the moon.
A-are you being serious right now
A millennium ago, Kaguya arrived from another world with her clan in search for fruit of the God Tree.
Oh my god you're serious

How the fuck did I miss that? Did I really autopilot Naruto's ending that badly? Holy shit biscuits what other moments from my life has Naruto erased?!

I knew Naruto's ending was silly but this is on a whole 'nother level.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece, Soma & MHA seemed to be on point this week. Three great chapters this week.

In other news as I read way too much manga last week, I'm now re-reading several series for like the umpteenth time. Anyone got any 'Darker' shounen or seinen recommendations?

Kaguya doesn't come from the moon because the moon was created by the Sage of the six paths.

Not that there's anything wrong with it but i think your tastes on the matter are rather... peculiar.

kishimoto's looked like he was some cursed seal kind of guy, it was cool, but the new one in this chapter was more elegant while still having a menacing feel

plus it just looks cool haha, but yeah, i get what you mean lol

Zweizer

Banned
Already read it, liked it alot but boy is it weird...

Oh nice. Have you read Kengo Hanazawa's works as well? Such as Boys on the Run, Ressentiment and I Am a Hero.

Another highly recommended author is Dowman Sayman. If you aren't familiar with him, I'd start with Nickelodeon, though if you're fine with the more adult side of his works, Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War is a fine place to start as well.

I'd also suggest Getenrou, 7 Seeds, Spirit Circle, Murciélago, Kokou no Hito, The Music of Marie, Himizu, and Sakura no Sono.

G.ZZZ

*sigh* Guess I'll make a big ole post about how more people should read Kengan Asura that'll take me like an hour that nobody will read, fine, twist my arm guys.

It's mediocre and fall in way too many tropes that i dislike ( no stakes, everything was japanese, everything happen in my backyard , everyone relevant know each other, tournament settings aka zero variance etc...), but yeah compared to other trash that goes around here it may as well be Shakespeare.

Oh nice. Have you read Kengo Hanazawa's works as well? Such as Boys on the Run, Ressentiment and I Am a Hero.

Another highly recommended author is Dowman Sayman. If you aren't familiar with him, I'd start with Nickelodeon, though if you're fine with the more adult side of his works, Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War is a fine place to start as well.

I'd also suggest Getenrou, 7 Seeds, Spirit Circle, Murciélago, Kokou no Hito, The Music of Marie, Himizu, and Sakura no Sono.

+1 on the bolded.

Read most of these, Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War was a bit strange (I mean very) but I did enjoy it. Guess I'll try out Spirit circle as I think it's the only one here I haven't already taken a decent look into.

bobohoro

In other news as I read way too much manga last week, I'm now re-reading several series for like the umpteenth time. Anyone got any 'Darker' shounen or seinen recommendations?

Nijigahara Holograph, Sundome and Welcome To The NHK, although not that dark on the surface, can hit kinda hard.

Mai Ball 77

I knew it would be coming.
But damn, still angry.

Altough that defense line scene was hilarious.

While I'm requesting manga to read, I guess I should ask if anyone has any gritty/semi-realistic war manga to read. As I'm going to need something to stave me off while this new chapter of Pumpkin Scissors is being translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom