• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep194

So they wanted the power of the souls? Not sure what fug is up to.
And I believe in yuri, to go to baam
was hoping for some baam info, but all there is is vague info.

Zweizer

Banned
Hakoiri Drops ch22

Such a nice Santa~

Lily Love ch21

Huh, that didn't take long, or much.

Koe de Oshigoto! ch56

Ah yes, another dark side to the seiyuu world.

Not Lives ch33

Guess we're heading towards the finale.

dramatis

Isn't there another thread for light novels?
Sure, but if people post positive impressions of a light/web novel in here, then I grab it.

Generally unless I missed it, the impression/review is negative, or the content of the written impression/review is incomprehensible and not helpful, I grab for list.

rrvv

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Otouto no Otto 8
Oh, so they divorce. Early chapter made me assume she passed away or something.
Must've been awkward when their daughter want them to get back together. The drama feel very real, and Yaichi relation with his ex-wife feel natural.

Zweizer

Banned
Sure, but if people post positive impressions of a light/web novel in here, then I grab it.

Generally unless I missed it, the impression/review is negative, or the content of the written impression/review is incomprehensible and not helpful, I grab for list.

Wait, you don't list negative reviews?

Huh, never noticed that.

You know in Seven Deadly Sins, I think they missed out on a huge moment by having Elanie revived like that and not pulling the whole soul switcheroo.

The story could have gone the route of Ban's sister being revenge-born into Elaine's body (which is the route it's foreshadowed to go to in that chapter) and wreaking havoc forcing Ban to have even more character growth. Instead she's ex machinaed into the mortal realm with no repercussions and Ban lost a clearly defined goal and a reason to be there for the endgame, nor does the whole Goddess clan proposal amount to anything spectacular.
is it best i pick up the manga or is the anime worth it?

Zweizer

Banned
People don't make negative reviews very often. I thought about it though.

True, most folks don't bother writing a detailed review about a manga they deem bad. I think negative ones could be useful to warn people about a series' flaws, but I guess no publicity works better than bad publicity.

True, most folks don't bother writing a detailed review about a manga they deem bad. I think negative ones could be useful to warn people about a series' flaws, but I guess no publicity works better than bad publicity.

only masochists will keep reading a series they hate

I think you guys missed the point.

It's not an issue of "too much smut". It's that for some reason, lesbians are hot/cute, girl talking smut to a guy and vice versa is "piques my interest", but two guys going at it is too much and time to run away?

What I'm saying is that if you're gungho for or completely okay with girl on girl action, then you better be goddamn okay with DTL and gay guys too.

It doesn't bother any of us. All of us are fucking okay with that. No one's going "ew gays"

I don't give a fuck if someone posts gay smut or yaoi series or whatever. I read some of those series. I read Western erotica that has explicit guy on guy material. One of my favorite webcomics has dicks freely frottaging each other or up other dude's asses all the time and I never bat an eye.

I have a specific problem with DTL's continued delusions on the canonical pairings of characters in established series that have no basis but his own imagination and doujins. It makes me roll my eyes every time, and it'd be the fucking same for anyone who insisted on girl/girl or guy/girl pairings in a series with the consistent and relentless devotion that he shows it to the exclusion of ever talking about anything else in a chapter other than what fuels his specific wants. It gets fucking tiresome.

Russ T

Banned
I read a lot of stuff I hate.

I did manage to drop Naruto, though.

...When I heard it was over, I was very tempted to go back.

One of my favorite webcomics has dicks freely frottaging each other or up other dude's asses all the time and I never bat an eye.

Is that the one with the spaceships and junk. I read a webcomic like that for a while and then forgot about it. Now I can't even remember the name.

UNRELATED:

After catching up to I Am a Hero, I was very disappointed to discover it apparently doesn't update very often? ): ): ): ):

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I wrote up a negative post on Cat Street a few months back and kind of just wondered after hitting submit why I sat down to bang out a review about something I ultimately thought wasn't worth the time to read anyway. Like, instant regret.

Is that the one with the spaceships and junk. I read a webcomic like that for a while and then forgot about it. Now I can't even remember the name.

Oglaf, actually. More of a humor series with like...medieval fantasy tropes and stuff made fun of. Very smutty though, but it's all types of equal smut.

I think I know the one you're talking about though.

Russ T

Banned
Ah okay, Oglaf is hilarious. I love that one.

Yeah the other one wasn't comedy at all. It was... something else entirely.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Nobody's doing shit and this "Chitoge has to go back to America" shit is some serious bullshit that was randomly thrown in just now for fake dramas. Why would she have to go back to America if she didn't even want to? She's an adult with an extremely rich, doting family.

It doesn't bother any of us. All of us are fucking okay with that. No one's going "ew gays"

I don't give a fuck if someone posts gay smut or yaoi series or whatever. I read some of those series. I read Western erotica that has explicit guy on guy material. One of my favorite webcomics has dicks freely frottaging each other or up other dude's asses all the time and I never bat an eye.

I have a specific problem with DTL's continued delusions on the canonical pairings of characters in established series that have no basis but his own imagination and doujins. It makes me roll my eyes every time, and it'd be the fucking same for anyone who insisted on girl/girl or guy/girl pairings in a series with the consistent and relentless devotion that he shows it to the exclusion of ever talking about anything else in a chapter other than what fuels his specific wants. It gets fucking tiresome.

DTL saying random stuff like "Soma and Takumi are in a romantic off-screen relationship" is usually funny because of the way he tries to rationalize basically everything his favored characters do as obvious indicators of a torrid love affair behind the scenes. It usually catches me off guard but its definitely funny seeing the effort he makes to jump to the conclusion.

I dunno, I'm sure people think my "Byakuya and Rukia have the hots for each other" theory is just as random.

Revo

Tokyo ghoul re: 64-69

Lots of interesting stuff dropped in these chapters but kaneki doing stuff is still the most hype

Food Wars!

That was a long explanation for Kurokiba Ryou that was decent but it was difficult to resist the urge to keep flipping to the next page. I cant imagine Alice would have the same result, as it would seem odd to have all these hand picked members lose so easily.

World Trigger

Hyuse needs to get involved in this next match immediately, why wait especially when the next match is bound to be interrupted by another skirmish.

Nisekoi
CeFl_03W4AEInYv.jpg:large

Good outfit. I thought it was going to happen especially after Shuu had pumped Ichijo up about it, but...I think there wa s problem with a premise. If a typhoon was truly that close anyway, how were they still going to stargaze, the clouds from it would span out for many hundreds of miles which would cause them to not have seen anything anyway. Worst it just changed direction their way in two hours?

Shun

Prison School 209

Not only this chapter hilarious, it also showcases how much range Hiramoto has as artist. At least 4-5 different art styles used.

It's ok Kiyoshi. You are a hero.

AaaIFfP.png

Furyous

Reincarnator 61

There are 11 members of the force trying to take down Hansoo the MC. 10 of them go out to fight Hansoo as he is in the middle of a lake battling devil piranhas/fish. Hansoo is seriously injured going against people that have been on the island for over three years. He turns all of the fish against the 10 members and seriously injures them as he keeps hunting.

The strategy here is crazy and I'm leaving about a bunch of stuff. This is a top tier web novel.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

I feel like having your weakness be fanservice is legitimately one of the worst drawbacks possibly in this series.

Arabesque

So will Nisekoi be ending in the next few chapters? Or will we get through this event with zero confessing?

Komi had been wrapping the story up for the past 10 months now, so I very much doubt this new situation is just going to end up leading to nothing. It's going to end "soon" but not so soon in a few chapters.

Kyuur

DDDDDDDD 32

Argh, this is the end of the volume apparently, so no more chapters for a while I guess. Is this Asano's longest work now?

Ascheroth

Reincarnator 61

There are 11 members of the force trying to take down Hansoo the MC. 10 of them go out to fight Hansoo as he is in the middle of a lake battling devil piranhas/fish. Hansoo is seriously injured going against people that have been on the island for over three years. He turns all of the fish against the 10 members and seriously injures them as he keeps hunting.

The strategy here is crazy and I'm leaving about a bunch of stuff. This is a top tier web novel.

I think I'll have to check that out at some point.

You should give I Shall Seal the Heavens a try. It's a chinese webnovel of the Xianxia genre (think ancient china with sects and clans and martial arts + fantasy and magic and demons and immortals and all of that, where people train to reach immortality), and probably the best one I've ever read by a loooooooong shot. 537 chapters translated, with 2 new ones every day. It ended a couple weeks ago with a grand total of 1614 chapters in its country of origin.

Stellar character development, especially for the MC Meng Hao, crazy imaginative world and places and techniques, side characters actually stay relevant and much more.

The only downside is that it could probably be a bit confusing if you're not familiar with some Xianxia tropes/terminology :/

Oh, missed that one somehow when I was looking through his works a while ago I guess.

Most of the works I've read by him are far far shorter so it's interesting to see what he does with longer series. Is Punpun any good?

Punpun is fantastic. Volumes just started coming out in English officially too

bobohoro

Is Punpun any good?

Masterpiece.

Tomo-chan 278

A normal person hitting you with controller while they violently flail around playing video games already hurts like hell. Can't imagine what it feels like if its Tomo. At least they aren't playing Mario Kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom