• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Prison School 209

The Cherubs are taking Kiyoshi away. ;_;

Wait, was Chiyo the one that shouted that he was a Striped Panties wearing Pervert? lol It's hard to tell because the text bubbles aren't pointing to folks in a bunch of those panels around there. Hana letting her true feelings out too. ;_;

Zweizer

Banned
Oh, missed that one somehow when I was looking through his works a while ago I guess.

Most of the works I've read by him are far far shorter so it's interesting to see what he does with longer series. Is Punpun any good?

Punpun is arguably Asano's greatest work so far. Go read it, like, as soon as you can, and be sure to share your impressions!

Gintama 580

I don't understand... were was he running to all the time?

Being a mercenary? Trying to have money for his family instead of staying there with them? Was the regret of taking her away from her home planet that had that life force the reason as to why he couldn't be with her due to guilt. Why couldn't he bring her back to her planet from time to time to regenerate? Did the planet disappear when she left it?

Gintama 580

Being a mercenary? Trying to have money for his family instead of staying there with them? Was the regret of taking her away from her home planet that had that life force the reason as to why he couldn't be with her due to guilt. Why couldn't he bring her back to her planet from time to time to regenerate? Did the planet disappear when she left it?

I think it was that he was exploring the universe trying to see if he could find something that could "cure" her condition. As for why they couldn't bring her back? No clue. Maybe she wasn't in a good enough condition to actually make a flight?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Komi had been wrapping the story up for the past 10 months now, so I very much doubt this new situation is just going to end up leading to nothing. It's going to end "soon" but not so soon in a few chapters.

I have my doubts. He's doing a LOT of time skipping to get it moving (they've graduated 2nd year and gotten like halfway through 3rd in like 30 chapters and all of the other girls got rejected other than the main 2), but there's still some lingering plot threads, e.g. they've started mentioning Onodera's dad, the locket, a brand new out of nowhere plot thread about Chitoge being sent back to America for REASONS.

Dismissing the harem doesn't mean anything when he can spend 30 chapters resolving it if he wants. I'm always reminded of how long the actual climax arc took in Love Hina (a long fucking time and involved a lot of insane shit) I just hope the resolution of the Locket plot thread isn't as dumb as Love Hina.

For those uninitiated into Love Hina, the main plot of Nisekoi is roughly the same: the main character Keitaro made a childhood promise to meet up with a girl and go to Tokyo University with her but he has bad memory and can't remember who she is.
He ends up falling in love with Naru, the main tsundere girl, and after a billion chapters, they get together. After they get together (which involves dismissing an entire harem), the MacGuffin character who knows who the Promise Girl is returns and just matter-of-factly reveals the Promise Girl was just Naru the whole time.

Gintama 580

I wondered this too. I think its that she wanted to stay there because of the kids, and she valued staying with them over her health. Probably.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My bride is his wife 1-4
How often we get a manga about polyandry?
Two guys, one woman, married together. It's interesting, and i need to see how this end for various reason.

BLack Clover

I like the way Dorksta is being able to use his sword to help them identify the traitor among the captains (since he just bopped the captives on the head). Though I wonder if the catured will say different answers.

Revo

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches 198

Majority rules in randomized groups is total bull. At least they managed to snake out of it.

I think it was that he was exploring the universe trying to see if he could find something that could "cure" her condition. As for why they couldn't bring her back? No clue. Maybe she wasn't in a good enough condition to actually make a flight?

I wondered this too. I think its that she wanted to stay there because of the kids, and she valued staying with them over her health. Probably.

ah those two ideas make sense

kids> then her health

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 32

9s73WZk.png

Only slightly suspicious.

No updates for awhile though, eh? RIP.

What was the name of the manga by the author of Deadman Wonderland? Smokey something where the sister
gets infected with bat shit cray and butchers her friends and her brother's body and bakes them into a cake

Gintama 580

It's just another happenstance of the series' tendency to put thematic concept over actual sensible characterization.

This woman who was depicted as an equal to the strongest man of the universe had to stay home for the kids for some reason instead of giving that task to the husband from time to time to avoid death.

What was the name of the manga by the author of Deadman Wonderland? Smokey something where the sister
gets infected with bat shit cray and butchers her friends and her brother's body and bakes them into a cake
Smokin' Parade.

D-Frag 77
Don't let the noodles get cold!!!!!

Nisekoi 210
Chitoge's victory coming up soon?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dddd 32
there's a huge UFO right there, and brocolli senpai still looking at fake ufo photo.

Dfrag 77
Eat the goddamn ramen!

Tomochan 279
I think Tomo watch captain tsubasa a bit too much. Jun, please, take a hint

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch279

You should play a different game.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection ch41

Small steps~

bobohoro

Another sad day indeed. Stay safe Zweizer, hopefully Belgium's over the worst for today.

Tomo-chan 279

I'm pretty sure Jun took a peek inside her pant leg there.

Stay safe home and read manga, Zweizer.

346 Monster Girl Production (doujin)
I feel like I've glimpsed some important truth of the universe here, even if it's only that F2P marketing tactics are the devil's playground. Independent research suggests that zombie Koume, vampire Ranko and matango Syoko would make for an effective business strategy.

Zweizer

Banned
Thanks y'all. Things seem to have quieted down somewhat, and folks here remained pretty calm, despite the tense atmosphere.

I'm lucky no family member has been hurt, but damn.

Arabesque

Glad to hear you and your family are safe Zweizer. I seen some of the people I know on Twitter posting images and it is horrible. Stay safe.

good to hear you're safe Zweizer

who would read manga if you weren't here

--------------------------------

kodansha announcing 7 new licenses is pretty damn interesting, especially since they mostly ran out of attack on titans/fairy tail spin offs to release

cool to see Sweetness and Lightning licensed
Kyokou Suiri is a nice pick too

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch81

You know a manga is great when you can't decide which was the best technique shown within one chapter, every chapter.

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch34

Nothing like New Year to grow closer to your crush~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom