• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Iinazuke Kyoutei 1 - 16

Saw this in the OP and decided to give it a read. It's lewd, but its silly and I enjoy it.
Of the harem members, Tomo and Rika seem fairly normal, sanae and even more so tamayo step up the crazy though.

Somehow I didn't quite catch the "lewd" bit.

I also didn't take the time to go to the first page and read the actual recommendation. Surely if its in the OP, which has so far given me stuff like Innocent, it can't be too bad.

Big mistake.

And even outside of the lewd, it's bland, unfunny and makes Nisekoi look like a well written manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

See, that's what doesn't make sense: why didn't Central try to recruit Soma way before this? It makes no sense that Azami would act all disdainful towards Soma as opposed to trying to curry favor and promise him the open slots in the Elite 10.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

See, that's what doesn't make sense: why didn't Central try to recruit Soma way before this? It makes no sense that Azami would act all disdainful towards Soma as opposed to trying to curry favor and promise him the open slots in the Elite 10.
He didn't really budge when he learned about soma's dad either. No clue really.

Arabesque

Shokugeki no Soma

Azami never knew Soma was Jouchirou's kid, so why would he act favourably to him before?

Arabesque

Well he was one of the best first years

Sure, and Rindou acknowledged him and made him a casual offer, but that's Rindou. Azami made it pretty clear he considered everything Senzaemon had done to have reduced the quality at Tootsuki, and he never had a good opinion on any of the students outside of Erina. So to him, the best 8 students are all below his standards and vision for the school.

dramatis

Somehow I didn't quite catch the "lewd" bit.

I also didn't take the time to go to the first page and read the actual recommendation. Surely if its in the OP, which has so far given me stuff like Innocent, it can't be too bad.

Big mistake.

And even outside of the lewd, it's bland, unfunny and makes Nisekoi look like a well written manga.
OP banner is meant to provide a well-rounded buffet, and there's links that go to posts that have more detail so people would avoid reading stuff that might blow them up.

I'll take note.

Ultimately you still have to remember: diverse readers, diverse tastes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Azami never knew Soma was Jouchirou's kid, so why would he act favourably to him before?

I'm saying once he found out, he didn't try to recruit him or do basically anything to get either Soma (his idol's son), or any of the first years on his side, which is completely random given his goals. It's been some period of time since Central took over and he certainly had enough time to recruit a miniboss squad of 2nd and 3rd years who aren't even members of the Elite 10.

It makes me laugh how the author consistently buries everyone else at the school as being flat out incapable of even coming close to matching up with Soma, much less the 1st Seat. I mean, the other people in Konoha's ninja teams weren't on the level of Naruto and Sasuke, but they certainly weren't portrayed as being staight-up incompetent.

Shengar

Well, she did do hentai before
just like Azuma.
You seems to always know this stuffs!
8.1 - Yamada Yuusuke Gekijou 1-6 (END)

Football'd be so much more entertaining if it actually played like this.

Collection of short horror stories featuring murder games, ghosts and psychopaths. A handful of interesting premises here, but the author's story-telling was pretty weak (especially the conclusions) meaning they lost much of their impact. I feel like the photo chapter needs a follow-up where we find out who 'wins'.

European Football already had kungfu kicks and bites, the players just need to be stronger.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm saying once he found out, he didn't try to recruit him or do basically anything to get either Soma (his idol's son), or any of the first years on his side, which is completely random given his goals. It's been some period of time since Central took over and he certainly had enough time to recruit a miniboss squad of 2nd and 3rd years who aren't even members of the Elite 10.

It makes me laugh how the author consistently buries everyone else at the school as being flat out incapable of even coming close to matching up with Soma, much less the 1st Seat. I mean, the other people in Konoha's ninja teams weren't on the level of Naruto and Sasuke, but they certainly weren't portrayed as being staight-up incompetent.

I think that they're really sticking to the if only 12 people graduate a year, they're just polishing stones for the "gems". That's funny though, because the fodder isn't even that. They're just spectators that bask in the glow of greatness. Yeah, no clue why they're attending the school if they have such weak spines.

LeleSocho

Banned
Boku no Hero Academia - 85

X0XVS9h.png

Aww riiiiight!!!

Kvik

Finally got caught up with Kangoku Gakuen #210

Kiyoshi's resurrection.
Mari's arse.
Flustered Hana.
The sluts broke down in tears.

Best chapter. I thought #178 was going to be hard to top, but there it is.

Cwarrior

Ippo

I wish they would just give an arc focusing on Sendo.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199779220]Remember when Bleach was about hunting ghosts and character growth?[/QUOTE]

Thank god, the first arc was the weakest part in all of bleach same with yu yu hakusho.

Angry Grimace

I think that they're really sticking to the if only 12 people graduate a year, they're just polishing stones for the "gems". That's funny though, because the fodder isn't even that. They're just spectators that bask in the glow of greatness. Yeah, no clue why they're attending the school if they have such weak spines.

They've back off on that, I think. I think its less that only 12 people graduate now and more that 12 percent of the original class graduates.

bobohoro

Prison School 210

Everything was awesome.
Mari was the secret star, damn those assthongshots are amazing.
And the neck-face-combo as well.
A true hero.

Soma 161

Soma joining central would actually be fun.

phaze

OP banner is meant to provide a well-rounded buffet, and there's links that go to posts that have more detail so people would avoid reading stuff that might blow them up.

I'll take note.

Ultimately you still have to remember: diverse readers, diverse tastes.

Of course. I was only railing against my own lack of circumspection regarding that one reading choice. It wasn't meant as a dig at the recs in OT which served me well in the past.

Tsurezure Children 91

And so, teacher's journey towards a comfy prison cell begins.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers March 20th - 26th
*1. No Game No Life Vol.4 (NEW)
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. Goodnight Punpun Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*5. Sword Art Online Progressive Vol.4 (NEW)
*6. Seraph Of The End Vol.8
*7. Noragami Vol.12 (NEW)
*8. Akame Ga Kill! Zero Vol.1 (NEW)
*9. One-Punch Man Vol.5
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8

Previous Week
*1. Goodnight Punpun Vol.1 (NEW)
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.5
*3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*6. Bleach Vol.66
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*8. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
10. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.8

Zweizer

Banned
NY Times Top Manga Sellers March 20th - 26th
*1. No Game No Life Vol.4 (NEW)
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. Goodnight Punpun Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*5. Sword Art Online Progressive Vol.4 (NEW)
*6. Seraph Of The End Vol.8
*7. Noragami Vol.12 (NEW)
*8. Akame Ga Kill! Zero Vol.1 (NEW)
*9. One-Punch Man Vol.5
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8

Previous Week
*1. Goodnight Punpun Vol.1 (NEW)
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.5
*3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*6. Bleach Vol.66
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*8. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
10. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.8

Punpun holding well. I hope it'll keep charting for a long while.

The arms peddler 1 - 22.5

Another I found in the OP I decided to start reading. I has a somewhat dark setting, as its a post apocalyptic setting where the world is basically a shit hole. I like the characters and its interesting to watch the main character Souna grow into stronger person.

dani_dc

Rin 1-5

Is the love plot in Rin any better than in Beck?
It seems like it will be a bigger focus than it was in Beck, and Beck romance plot was downright awful.

Foolworm

Bleach

I don't think I've been this intrigued by a chapter since Unohana showed her stuff.

Anyway, the next couple of chapters had better be an info dump to explain all the various inconsistencies introduced up to this point. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's all an elaborate troll, which I hope is wrong.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Sanctuary - fin.

You know, it's aight. The political side in the latter half, with Isami and Isaoka going to war over votes, was my favorite stretch in this story. Isaoka was a real crafty old fox, a good love-to-hate antagonist. The yakuza side was fine enough throughout, some entertaining twists and turns admittedly, but with Hojo powering through his obstacles, my interest did wane at times. General treatment of women was utterly embarrassing too.

Ending was strong, can't lie.

With Sanctuary and Fourteen done, I'm two for three on the New Year's backlog thing now. Won't get to Please Save My Earth just yet.

Romcom about tomboy who want to attract her childhood friend. Give it a shot.

I think I should start reading this.

Shokugeki no Soma

There's plenty of time for Tsukuda to fuck this up, but so far, Azami has been portrayed to be a crock of bullshit who deep down, is nowhere near as objective as he portrays.

At least from my perspective, Azami has an inherent bias against chefs who aren't part of the "true gourmet bullshit". He will favour a chef who's inclinations are to high-class food in the first place, and not a "pleb chef" who has the skill to do those things, but don't insist on that as their foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom