• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cfkqo5kUMAASrZx.jpg

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/718652501898100737

Kōhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia) fanart for Pokemon.

Thats good

hi friends \o/ it's my irregular please recommend me stuff post in the hope of getting me hooked on this stuff again

what have you got for me? Cute, fluffy, lewd, funny are all things I can enjoy. Even a cool action-y thing if it's got a really strong hook.

Also I hear Chitoge is finally about to win. Excellent...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone else here reading Domestic Girlfriend (ドメスティックな彼女)?

I just bought/rented the first 4 volumes and blazed through them. Reminds me of a bit more serious I"s/A Town where You Live. A bit less comedy (a bit), more "serious" problems. I'm really liking it and should be done with all 8 currently available volumes tomorrow.

Jintor

Yuri danshi

It's kinda well made but at the same time the joke is absolutely true: the guy is completely superficial to the actually interesting part of the story and more to the point doesn't actually have any girls he knows/talks to to play off, so it kinda goes nowhere...

dani_dc

I just bought/rented the first 4 volumes and blazed through them. Reminds me of a bit more serious I"s/A Town where You Live. A bit less comedy (a bit), more "serious" problems. I'm really liking it and should be done with all 8 currently available volumes tomorrow.

A few of us are reading it.
The attempt rape scene left a really bad taste in my mouth though.

You should check "GE: Good Ending" by the same author if you're enjoying this.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
hi friends o/ it's my irregular please recommend me stuff post in the hope of getting me hooked on this stuff again

what have you got for me? Cute, fluffy, lewd, funny are all things I can enjoy. Even a cool action-y thing if it's got a really strong hook.

Kaguya want to be confessed: 2 stubborn man and womantry to make each other confess

karakai jouzu no takagi-san: about a girl who always teasing a boy.

Dungeon meshi: bunch of adventurer eat monster and stuff while traveling in a dungeon

Golden Kamuy: ex-soldier working together with ainu girl to hunt criminal in search of a hidden gold. Also a cooking manga for some reason.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A few of us are reading it.
The attempt rape scene left a really bad taste in my mouth though.

You should check "GE: Good Ending" by the same author if you're enjoying this.
Looking at the chapter numbers, that scene probably won't happen until vol 5-6, so I still have a bit to go. Although already some scenes where someone is making a move are a bit... weird? As if created only so that person C could walk on people A and B.
Also, characters' reactions to being made a move on sometimes feel weird.

As for GE, I've read good things, but after looking it up, the art looks really really bad, at least on the few covers/random pages I googled.

Zweizer

Banned
Cfkqo5kUMAASrZx.jpg

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/718652501898100737

Kōhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia) fanart for Pokemon.

Neat.

hi friends \o/ it's my irregular please recommend me stuff post in the hope of getting me hooked on this stuff again

Long time no see~

Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!!, Delusional Love and Koi wa Ameagari no You ni should be up your jam.

prwxv3

Hero Academia 1-caught up

This is a well-done if unremarkable shounen action series that actually knows how to treat its side characters.

However, I have 2 major problems with it; Stain and Bakugou. The treatment of the former by the narrative is just super bizarre to me. He's worthy of respect because of his ideology and even has toys made of because he's popular in the greater public? The guy's an anti-establishment serial killer with a myopic view of heroism. He's not even a vigilante, as we've seen legitimately cool people being taken down by him. He's not some anti-hero or even Frank Castle, he's a lunatic. Would be like people unironically making toys of ISIS, or on a lesser scale, some school shooter or something. Maybe that's the point and it's meant as commentary on people's fascination with dark stuff that exists in reality?

Bakugou on the other hand REALLY pisses me off. Not just him, but again how the narrative treats him. Oh, he's some badass anti-hero that doesn't play by anyone's rules but his own? No, he's an arrogant fuckhead bully that encouraged his childhood friend to commit suicide. The fact Deku, someone whose meek identity was partially shaped by this asshole, sees him as a friend is total bullshit to me, and that the class in general is fine with him is similarly fucked up. Anytime anyone speaks about him positively or shows genuine concern about him, not because it's the right thing to do as he's a classmate, but because he's someone worth being concerned about is really souring me on the current arc. I'd be cool if he pulled a Sasuke, but only if the rest of the cast saw him for the villain he is even if they do so reluctantly.

I really disagree about bakugou. I really don't want him to pull a sasuke because he is not sasuke in any way. Originally he was supposed to be nice guy that that spoke without thinking that would piss other characters off. That would have been terrible glad he made him a full on asshole instead.

I don't think the author wants you respect stain's actions. His idiology though is a different story. It's like if a guy decided to kill all politians that were part or corruption in the government. There would definably be citizans that would support him (mercindise ect)

Hotikoshi's pixiv account is glorious

http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=5302938&p=1

LeleSocho

Banned

Costi-san have you heard of our lord and saviour "Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko!"?
One page for day everyday!

Otouto no Otto is another good recent one.

Yo I just marathoned what's out of this; it's really good! I really enjoy the art style as it's kinda lumpy, dumpy dudes. Reminds me of yaoi I've seen that focused more on bear looking dudes. Which is good! Cause it's a great unused style.

But hell yeah, what a pleasant surprise.

DO NOT READ GOOD ENDING

That manga is just fucking...ugh. It's like getting kicked in the dick for a thousand years.

Revo

Witch Craft Works 49

I guess things are going to be heating up again. Been awhile since we saw Medusa I think.

Quasar

Yeah. Was liking it while my preferred pairing existed.

Quasar

It's Difficult to Love an Otaku is super cute. I also really like Mizutama Puzzle. Both are pretty short, I'm not good with long dramatic romances.

Otouto no Otto is another good recent one.

Right. I am reading and enjoying the Otaku one. Not heard of/tried the other two. Will have to investigate.

MartyStu

Shokugeki no Soma

Soma is about to get murderized.

Good. It has been a while.

Soma 162

Soma will lose, join central and destroy all his dumb former friends while romancing Tsukasa.

That would be sooooo legitimately lovely. Except I want a love triangle with Kobayashi and Tsukasa.

dr labson

Neo Member
Boku Hero Chapter 86

So, I have a theory
What if Deku's group is actually going to the hideout where the All for One guy is located and the pro hero's are actually at where Kacchan is?
They did mention the police did some questioning and a civilian saw Frankenstein guy go into an abandoned building,

Also All Might got a lot of death flags on him.
He's probably gonna die or not be able to use his power anymore after this arc.

Kacchan is also probably either gonna:
-get brainwashed
-get his power stolen by All for One guy
-die horribly
-all of the above
-none of the above, but that would be really surprising.
This manga is also lacking some tragedy, you know an uncle Ben moment.

I'm really hyped for the next chapter.
Todoroki also still has his name plastered over his disguise.

Jintor

i'm trying to read a novel in japanese so a lot of my usual reading time is going into that instead... but 4komas i can devour before I go to sleep

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished reading all DomoKano chapters available in a book form (74, 8 volumes) and honestly not one part made me sad. Of course, bad things happen to the protagonists (if you count Hina as one) all the time, but to be honest I felt that most of it was well deserved.

If there's one character I feel bad for, it's Rin, although some of it is also her own fault.
I feel like this manga is full of bad people, ha ha.

Revo

Gleipnir 6-7

So he was cursed by someone else huh.
And looks like we've finally got some real cooperation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom