• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture my shock and awe when the mangaka of MAGI was also the mangaka of...

SUMOMOMO MOMOMO!

IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

sumomo.jpg

MANUELF

Banned
Sinbad no Bouken 101
I wonder what will the trial be

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 121
Nagashi Soumen sounds so exciting, I want to try them

Magi 303
Thats.... actually a really great plan B, and a world controlled by info instead of war really suits Alibaba wayy more

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Genshiken nidaime aka Madarame harem arc 122
FLIP A FUCKING TABLE!
Man, that was really dissapointing...

Ajin-chan wa Kataritai 15

Yo, that was cute. Heal me right in the kokoro.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 121

Wow, god damn, I do not remember the last time Asahi's tsukkomi lines were so fucking on point. That was amazing

Edit: yo what?

Jitsu wa Watashi wa spoilers
We get to see Akane's husband and her original form in one of the newest chapters???

Shengar

Good write-up.

Thanks. I want to write how Nanao on her character design, at least up to the recent chapter, never gives sexy or lewd costume to her female or male character. Most of them feels naturally dressed. It's quite admirable considering that she could gives lewd one to the demon characters where it wouldn't feel as quite as strange. It was Helck, our titular hero that actually show skins the most. But in the end I omitted this because it kinda stray off from the tone that I want to show in that short impression.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 121

I think this was the first time I understood this whole self-insertion thingy with main protagonists. Asahi and my reactions lined up perfectly.

G.ZZZ

Toriko 368
spoilers

Fuck this shit. Everyone worfed. This was probably the worst one so far, with the all-proclaimed world strongest man doing nothing while he got cooked. Fuck this shit

Zweizer

Banned
Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch15

Calling each other by name is lewd.

Car Graffiti JK ch8

Well, accents can make one looks like they're speaking a whole other language.

Yeah, uh, I'm staying with my AT.

Quasar

Genshiken 122 - Spotted Flower as the canon future still in tact.

If hes moving though, she should have just moved to tne US and shacked up with Angela.

Toriko 368
spoilers

Fuck this shit. Everyone worfed. This was probably the worst one so far, with the all-proclaimed world strongest man doing nothing while he got cooked. Fuck this shit
Better not be the case and he better still win. The mangaka's writing has become pretty piss poor recently in order to keep his villains tanking, he has jetisoned some of the characters he has built up. The pacing of the fight is also ridiculous, with the snapshots we have seen Joa should have been squashed by now...

Tomo-chan 309

it would be nice if they all went to the same uni

Magi 301-303

Likely Sinbad was the one who spread the rumor (reads 303...yep).... I would've just set up those surveillance monitors and have a third party monitor the main transporter so that they can ease the public from Kou using it as a transport for invasion

this current arc is like a light version of economics... I can see the author trying something knew and it is fine but it isn't really complex... Alibaba is a uber noob learning all these basics as he goes.

Shengar

One Piece
Up to now, only both Kaidou and Jack that makes truly terrifying rage expression ever made in One Piece.
They really mean business.

upandaway

One Piece

Oh also apparently Jack is a fishman, didn't expect that. DF user fishman drowning was a hotly debated topic as long as I remember reading OP.

Shengar

And photo could be fake you know.
I just really hoped Oda don't turned Sanji into a fully clown character in an arc where he got the chance to shine. I might lost interest in the series if this happened.

Kyuur

Bleach

You know what, I'll give this chapter a pass simply because it involved multiple people doing multiple things at once. The end to the Urahara fight was also passable due this. Kubo, you never needed new powers. Just show the captains fighting together ffs.

One Piece

Oh also apparently Jack is a fishman, didn't expect that. DF user fishman drowning was a hotly debated topic as long as I remember reading OP.

Yeah, good to finally get an answer on this! Honestly I can't decide what is worse, drowning or falling the bottom of the sea and slowly dying of starvation since you can breath. With the latter I guess it's always possible that someone could save you (as with Jack) but we don't really have an idea of how often people move along the ocean floor outside of locations like Fishman Island. Much of the area around the island seemed desolate when we saw the Straw Hats go there. Vivre cards would help I suppose.

RIP Sanji.

Bleach 671

...okay... is he dead?

...okay

One Piece 824

Knew that they bailed already
likely BlackBeard was salty that they already left (The Rev army) and wrecked the place in frustration

Jack isn't dead... damn seems like you got to go through a ton of shit to die in this series
One Piece

Ah now it makes sense
----------------------------
lol that he is just at the bottom of the ocean though not being able to move due to his devil fruit (not drowning either though... huh)

Kaido taking out Kidd is interesting since Kidd's other allies are missing which could mean they joined up with Kaido while Kidd refused

Lastly I had a feeling that Pudding was the tri eyed girl
lol Sanji acting all big and what not until he sees his fiancee is a looker

Wiseblade

One Piece

Wasn't that settled in the Fishman Island arc with Vander Decken?

Retcon: Google suggesting "boring" for "Fishman Island Arc" was a little depressing. I liked it...

upandaway

Wasn't that settled in the Fishman Island arc with Vander Decken?

Retcon: Google suggesting "boring" for "Fishman Island Arc" was a little depressing. I liked it...
Did we see how his body handles being submerged for a while? I figured I'd remember if we did

[One Piece

Yeah, good to finally get an answer on this! Honestly I can't decide what is worse, drowning or falling the bottom of the sea and slowly dying of starvation since you can breath. With the latter I guess it's always possible that someone could save you (as with Jack) but we don't really have an idea of how often people move along the ocean floor outside of locations like Fishman Island. Much of the area around the island seemed desolate when we saw the Straw Hats go there. Vivre cards would help I suppose.

RIP Sanji.
Yeah I imagine since they know Jack can survive for a while even if his ship sunk, wouldn't take long for them to go rescue him with a vivre card. It might be how he survived the previous time too.

It feels like he's got an easy bail card out of any predicament, just jump in the water and wait for backup.

Lain

Innocent volume 8

Oh man, what a way to fall from grace. Obviously, the fall from grace I'm referring to isn't one that happened in the manga, but outside of the manga. After this volume I despise Charles Henri. After this volume I feel mostly contempt for this character that took such a turn, that changed so much because of pussy. Since that night where he first got to fuck some volumes ago up to the events in this volume, his change has been fully and completely for the worst.
Oh, in volume 7 he did a good job during his trial and I still liked him, because it felt like he still held some ideals, that he hadn't become just like everyone else but
the treachery toward Marie... His assertion over here as if she's an object, his transformation into a younger copy of his father, going as far as to cheat in a duel to force Marie out of the picture...
no, I can't take this.

With 1 volume left I can only hope the end of this volume won't spell the end for
Marie keeping her freedom

bobohoro

You remind me that I really need to get the light novels at some point. I miss reading this series.

The Light Novels are ace, probably the best of the recent bunch alongside Durarara!!!.

Bleach 671

That was some nice teamwork. Good chapter, if you disregard everything else.

One Piece 824

Don't fall for it Sanji. Angle and lightning of a photograph can fool you quickly.

Hunter x Hunter 351

Why is Chrollo explaining his abilities to Hisoka? Did Kubo write this chapter?

And as usual it is very hard to understand how his new powers works with so much text to explain it.

dani_dc

Kono S o, Mi yo! 100

So she knows that as long as they don't have sex she'll be infatuated by him, thus her plan is to kidnap him and not have sex with him so they live together forever.

Did the author putnthe main character in a situation where he's going to consider committing rape to escape his kidnapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom