• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

I'm on a wall of shame.
Now I just need to see Bleach end and my life goals will be completed.

Congrats to our kouhais bobohoro and OniBarubary for making it to the wall!

Y'all have a bright future ahead! (lol)

Way to doom us both.

video girl ai 79

this is so stupid. teenage love at its finest

Still have fond memories of reading that series as one of my first manga.
Although I think it dropped the ball hard in its second half.
One of these days I'm gonna reread all of my teenage romance/harem-favourites.
Glorious suffering ahead.

Shokugeki no Soma 156

It's like all his burning rage is flowing into his heated cooking.
Or some such shit. It almost feels like Tosh created this character and situation just to write this dumb line.
GAH!

upandaway

Flying Witch 23

The atmosphere this chapter was so nice. Can only read this at night.
Would love to see night Inukai more often

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kakukaku Shikajika
I finish this. Let me say this, i admit i tear up reading this. So here it is, an impression for this 5 volume manga.

This manga is an autobiography of the author Higashimura Akiko (kuragehime, Omoni Naitemasu, etc). It start out as she's in 3rd year of highschool, a highschool student who want to become a mangaka. Attempting to enter art college to help pave her way to become mangaka, she enroll in an art class taught by Kenzou Hidaka, a very strict teacher who will beat you with a shinai if you're slacking during his class.

This is a story about youth, regret, hard work and more importantly it's about human relationship. I guess the author want to put her regret into an art. Maybe she want to tell the reader to cherish the thing you have. Maybe she really want to say sorry. Maybe this is her way to have her teacher live forever. I don't know. But i appreciate her effort in sharing this.

The timeline in this manga often go forward to future/current time or flashback. In a way, it remind me of when someone being nostalgic and start telling us a story without any planning. Details regarding certain event will be added later. Sometime a story got on hold because the teller try to remember a detail or her emotion caught up with her. It's really is that kind of story.

Right from the very beginning, we can guess how this story going to end. It's not a happy ending story. This is a drama, but author infuse self depreciating humor during the serialization, often describe her as something of an egoistical person or narcissist. One thing that strike me hard when i read the manga is the panelling during important point of the author life. she use a blank panel and wrote what her feel during that important moment. Yes, it's a technique often used in other manga as well, but damn, the one here is very effective at conveying emotion.

One thing i also notice, during the 1-4 vol. the cover is the author during it's youthful day, but in the final volume, she draw his teacher as the cover for the volume. This is probably her tribute, a farewell to her teacher, a final thanks for her teacher.

It's not often i feel this emotional when reading a manga. So yes, i recommend this manga wholeheartedly.

OPM 95

Looks like it's time for Garou to get fucking wrecked by Watchdogman.

Don't fuck with Watchdogman.

Edit: Ooo, Imma read that Kakukaku thingy

Magi 295

that research society is like a mix of Bleach's Soul Labs and Toriko's IGO bio type faculties

lol at Sinbad underestimating AliBaba.... watch as the Kou Empire rises again

Revo

Bartender 140

I've never really liked the apprentice but he's clearly necessary to help Sasakura escape his past.

Tokyo Ghoul 65

Wait does this mean Arima isn't a one-eyed ghoul but rather blind in one eye making him literally Odin and the One-eyed king?

This adds whole new meaning.

ONE 106 v2

Tatsumaki was about to say "Because of Blast." He's gonna show up soon.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion 51

CcQD5yQUMAAhP0_.jpg:large

Wait, what???

Why is he doing DIO's battle cry? Giorno did it once as well, does that mean that Kira is somehow related to Diego?? ARAKI PLZ

kasane

But leta be real here. As much as i like NGNL its some otaku pandering shit.

Loli imouto; check.
Non blood related;check.
Neet; check.

Dandte

I Need a Manga that can fill My weekly Wait for fairy tail and Nanatsu no taizai. Any recommendations? I have claymore and berserk on My Reading List but i want another Fantasy Dark age Manga with good artwork and Humor or Dark and humor like in nnt. I thought about Magi, but i might be to cheerful like fairy tail?

I Need a Manga that can fill My weekly Wait for fairy tail and Nanatsu no taizai. Any recommendations? I have claymore and berserk on My Reading List but i want another Fantasy Dark age Manga with good artwork and Humor or Dark and humor like in nnt. I thought about Magi, but i might be to cheerful like fairy tail?

Helck

BLack Clover.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: re 66

This chapter was packed and so fucking good. Seeing Eto fuck with Furuta at the end of that interrogation, man.

Hope we get to learn a bit more about Tatara's role in all this. The 'favor' must be her novel, right?

I can't tell where Amon is on the last panel there. I can't wait to see what he is going to do, its hard to believe he wouldn't assist Aogiri based on what's been revealed. He might just be working towards the same goals independently I guess, if he doesn't agree with their methods.

I also didn't see Shachi anywhere in this chapter, did I just miss him or were the spoilers incorrect? :(

Tokyo Ghoul 65

Wait does this mean Arima isn't a one-eyed ghoul but rather blind in one eye making him literally Odin and the One-eyed king?

This adds whole new meaning.

Oh shit! That could definitely work with Shachi's comments. I just took them as him being human instead of ghoul though.

Tokyo Ghoul: re 66

I just don't care anymore. Only reading out of habit now.

Akame ga Kill 68

i'm more interested in S-Desu and M-Desu's blossoming relationship then anything else in this series.

Nothing about this climax feels climactic or interesting. Just typical Bleach shit of perfect counters for every tactic and super secret hidden tech.

But leta be real here. As much as i like NGNL its some otaku pandering shit.

Loli imouto; check.
Non blood related;check.
Neet; check.

Well...yeah.

I love the anime but it definitely has some really problematic elements. I have a high tolerance and ability to ignore that shit in lew of a good anime/manga but I completely understand it being too much for most. Which is unfortunate cause all the not pandering is fucking EXCELLENT.

I guess I can deal with it cause even Shiro's "but you have me bro" references are more tongue in cheek and non-sexual and he really doesn't lust after her at all (may change in the LN, don't know). Doesn't excuse the loli nudity but...makes me able to handle it.

Marche90

Shokugeki no Soma 156

Dat color page of Alice, those th........ erm, nevermind. Also, more Alice during the chapter.

Uh... what was the plot of the chapter again?

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 114

I don't think they really managed to plan that study session all well. Anyway, as usual, those expressions slayed me... though I wonder what happened at the end.

kasane

Shokugeki no Soma 156

Dat color page of Alice, those th........ erm, nevermind. Also, more Alice during the chapter.

Uh... what was the plot of the chapter again?

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 114

I don't think they really managed to plan that study session all well. Anyway, as usual, those expressions slayed me... though I wonder what happened at the end.

More alice Is the plot

Kakukaku Shikajika 1-21

Okay, so I was really liking this manga a lot but the end of every chapter was kinda grating on me because it's SUPER FUCKING OBVIOUS that he's no longer around so her repeating it was getting on my nerves, but then I got to Chapter 21's ending with Futami's text and my eyes just started watering up uncontrollably.

I'll probably push through the rest of this tonight.

Kakukaku Shikajika 29-34

God. Those chapters were so hard to read. The author REALLY hates herself for taking him for granted and being such a selfish person. I don't think she ever got over that and this manga was her way to work those feelings out. Jesus this was really emotional.

Also, super interesting side to it that I learned a lot about the manga industry! Way more useful than Shirobako and anime.

zeromcd73

Domestic na Kanojo 1~8

Oh hey, this is pretty good. Seems better than GE so far. Although I do remember initially enjoying Good Ending, I think it made me pissed off as it went on and had a shitty ending? Has been so long I can't remember.

kasane

Domestic na Kanojo 1~8

Oh hey, this is pretty good. Seems better than GE so far. Although I do remember initially enjoying Good Ending, I think it made me pissed off as it went on and had a shitty ending? Has been so long I can't remember.

looool

One Punch 106

I am beginning to get a bit tired of the leeway the author gives Tatsumaki...I find Saitama's patience with her a bit extreme, even for his character. Also, we have had months over this 'fight' and then she says nothing...Tedious.

Revo

Hero Union BBS 26-27

Oh boy a live meeting. And there's even more of it.
Student being a hand puppet is great.

Love Live! School Idol Diary 15

rT3mKWK.png

Never send a Nico to do a Nozomi's job. The random chapter translations aren't actually a barrier to reading this if you know the background, since each one seems to be self-contained. And fluffy. God, the fluffiness is almost suffocating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom