• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

tokyo ghoul: re 66

so this is probably the arc before the last one, amon returns, amon vs his foster dad, houji vs takizawa vs akira mado vs tatara, matsuki's past, kaneki's reunion with banjo, kaneki vs arima (if not, ayato), this party is getting craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

upandaway

Akame ga Kill 68

It was Night Laid the whole time. The final villain is comically evil.
It's true!

6ouhAUt.png

whoa!

Girl the Wild's 225

I had dropped this manga a couple of chapters back due to juts getting sick of how it was progressing. Gave this chapter a read on a whim and only found my desire, to not read this any further, strengthened.

bobohoro

I guess I can deal with it cause even Shiro's "but you have me bro" references are more tongue in cheek and non-sexual and he really doesn't lust after her at all (may change in the LN, don't know). Doesn't excuse the loli nudity but...makes me able to handle it.

I've only read the first three volumes, but it's more an admiration/deep-bond thing between the two, especially on Sora's part. I don't see them going anywhere near the romantic road with 'em, maybe some twisting feelings in Shiro's character development, but anything more would be rather disappointing and unfitting.

Thankfully, they also toned down the Shiro-centered fanservice a ton with each volume.

Domestic na Kanojo 1~8

Oh hey, this is pretty good. Seems better than GE so far. Although I do remember initially enjoying Good Ending, I think it made me pissed off as it went on and had a shitty ending? Has been so long I can't remember.

You're going down a dark pa...

Domestic na Kanojo 31

That makes no sense. This makes no sense!

...oh, already arrived in the twilight zone.

Tomo-chan 263

Sleeeeeepooooooover. I'd love to see Jun's reaction if Carrol decided to show up after all.

I've only read the first three volumes, but it's more an admiration/deep-bond thing between the two, especially on Sora's part. I don't see them going anywhere near the romantic road with 'em, maybe some twisting feelings in Shiro's character development, but anything more would be rather disappointing and unfitting.

Thankfully, they also toned down the Shiro-centered fanservice a ton with each volume.

That's good to hear.

Never gonna get another season though ;_____;

Deathtopia 40

Why the fuck do I read this awful manga?

*reads next chapter*

Shun

レトルトパウチ - 横槍メンゴ 1-3巻

My girlfriend bought these from kino recently and I was curious what it was so I gave them a read much to her embarrassment.

(*´﹃`*) ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

That is all I need to say. Mengo knows how to make stuff lewd. It's pretty funny and the scenarios is pretty smut, i mean you have to do something about a school about sex. Probably going to start following the series now.

upandaway

レトルトパウチ - 横槍メンゴ 1-3巻

My girlfriend bought these from kino recently and I was curious what it was so I gave them a read much to her embarrassment.

(*´﹃`*) ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

That is all I need to say. Mengo knows how to make stuff lewd. It's pretty funny and the scenarios is pretty smut.
I only read v1-2 but yeah holy crap they're lewd. Not as lewd as midara though.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re

Batmon-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Finally.

Furuta-Eto convo was pretty gold. The plot really went into an overdrive these last few chapters.

phaze

Vagabond 95

I'm still not really sure how to feel about the series on a storytelling and character level, but its hard to downplay that Inoue's art is spectacular.

I really wanted to like this but I bolted out when the excruciatingly long flashback for a character I didn't even know went on and on.

Arachnid 60

Well. Then. I can think of a more efficient way to zombify her, but sure, whatever works. Plus we get OOC blushing Sara this way. Losing Geji and Goki this chapter feels bad, but at least they're not getting the dinoponera treatment. Yet.

upandaway

Hakumei to Mikochi 1

Really nice art, fantasy setting, tons of nature, chill slice of life. You're not gonna hear any complaints from me

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch50

Such strong rivalry.

You reap what you sow, Eri.

dumbyugi

Assassination Classroom 177

It's sad but I'm glad they went through with it instead of some cop out ending. Good use of a colour page at the end as well.

Nonscale 1-9 (END)

0zbegtJ.jpg

Basically describes my experience with this manga.

Short collection of zany and/or ecchi stories. The opening treble about a giantess were unremarkable, but there were a few, uh, interesting ideas among the remainder. Feel like it would've benefited from meatier chapters, but the quirkiness and colour art helped keep it palatable.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Feng Shen Ji 178

Tian returns the final battle begins, that is all

Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome 26

Anime train leaves the station, love triangle seeds sown, all aboard the drama train, choo choo!!!

Been watching Dimension W and so I decided to go and check the manga for it today

the manga version is more stylized like a sketchy street graffiti style some times... I like it (not like the anime is poorly animated though it is also pretty good)

but the series doesn't have that many chapters to begin with.... plus it seems their is more detail in the manga version while the anime speed blitz through everything... to the point that they skipped a arc by turning it into a simple episode (without any implications)

at this rate the anime will go on the route of Akami ga Kill

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Been watching Dimension W and so I decided to go and check the manga for it today

the manga version is more stylized like a sketchy street graffiti style some times... I like it (not like the anime is poorly animated though it is also pretty good)

but the series doesn't have that many chapters to begin with.... plus it seems their is more detail in the manga version while the anime speed blitz through everything... to the point that they skipped a arc by turning it into a simple episode (without any implications)

at this rate the anime will go on the route of Akami ga Kill

Well there's 9 volumes in Japan, so not exactly the worst in terms of adaptation material amount wise.

Well there's 9 volumes in Japan, so not exactly the worst in terms of adaptation material amount wise.

but looking through it right now it skipped a arc and also cut some stuff out of another one

still love the anime right now but as it quickly flashes through everything they leave some plot points missing here and there

regardless the manga looks really neat so if this series jumps the shark in the anime at least I have the manga version which is also well drawn :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm on a wall of shame.
Now I just need to see Bleach end and my life goals will be completed.

Way to doom us both.

Still have fond memories of reading that series as one of my first manga.
Although I think it dropped the ball hard in its second half.
One of these days I'm gonna reread all of my teenage romance/harem-favourites.
Glorious suffering ahead.

Shokugeki no Soma 156

It's like all his burning rage is flowing into his heated cooking.
Or some such shit. It almost feels like Tosh created this character and situation just to write this dumb line.
GAH!

Tosh doesn't write Shokugeki no Soma.

Einstein in 1904 only lasted two volumes. Damn

Loved the recent chapter of Ippo. Morikawa uses colors effortlessly in his action shots. I wonder who Ippo's next opponent will be. He can sense that the World might be passing him by...

kasane

Einstein in 1904 only lasted two volumes. Damn

Loved the recent chapter of Ippo. Morikawa uses colors effortlessly in his action shots. I wonder who Ippo's next opponent will be. He can sense that the World might be passing him by...
Einstein 1904 looks horrible. Not sure how it would appeal to people anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom