• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Uzumaki by Junji Ito
Fuck everything.
Fuck.

junji ito da gawd
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

neoanarch

I'm watching the Chihayafuru live action trailer and Perfume MV and it's incredible how well it translates. Maybe it's the casting especially for the Queen. But the scenes give off a straight from the page feel.

kasane

I'm watching the Chihayafuru live action trailer and Perfume MV and it's incredible how well it translates. Maybe it's the casting especially for the Queen. But the scenes give off a straight from the page feel.

link? im too lazy to search for it

Somali and the Forest Spirit 1-3

This is a really heartwarming cute little story about the travel of a man-like golem and a human child, who is discovering everything in the world for the first time, in a world of nonhuman beings. And those beings eat humans. The art is great and fits the story well. Definitely a nice little read

Does anyone have any recommendations for a manga about a child traveling and learning about the world with an adult? Like in Claymore when Claire was a child traveling with her mentor. It's always interesting to see the kid learn about the world and watch them grow. Any genre is fine, I thought this idea would could only be interesting as an action manga where the kid is learning how to fight, but Somali has shown me otherwise.

Zweizer

Banned
Does anyone have any recommendations for a manga about a child traveling and learning about the world with an adult? Like in Claymore when Claire was a child traveling with her mentor. It's always interesting to see the kid learn about the world and watch them grow. Any genre is fine, I thought this idea would could only be interesting as an action manga where the kid is learning how to fight, but Somali has shown me otherwise.

7 Seeds and The Ancient Magus' Bride should fit the bill.

kasane

Somali and the Forest Spirit 1-3

This is a really heartwarming cute little story about the travel of a man-like golem and a human child, who is discovering everything in the world for the first time, in a world of nonhuman beings. And those beings eat humans. The art is great and fits the story well. Definitely a nice little read

not really sure if its the same but you can go ahead and try the ancient magus' bride

7 Seeds and The Ancient Magus' Bride should fit the bill.

ayyy beaten

The Arms Peddler and Magician

Revo

Probably reaching a fair amount but Ushio to Tora in a loose way.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch72

Aoi being difficult as usual, but too bad for him Reina is even more stubborn.

Hopefully this will allow Misaki to get her epilogue.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro 3
This girl poker face game is strong.
OOT a bit, the face she make when she google translate cunt is what i assume my face looks like when i google putang ina (thanks Dota)

Yandere Kanojo 72

Good move by Reina.

Les Miserables vol.3

I am still impressed by this adaptation. Author know how to use symbolism and make every moment feel tense.

dani_dc

Boku No hero Academia 80

I do hope we don't go through the generic path of making the ex-best friend evil.
I have hopes this will backfire on the villains as Kacchan always wanted to be a hero.

Tomo-chan 264

So much hyping when nothing would happen, Tomo could appear naked and jump on top of Jun and he'd think she wanted to have a wrestling match.
レトルトパウチ - 横槍メンゴ 1-3巻

My girlfriend bought these from kino recently and I was curious what it was so I gave them a read much to her embarrassment.

(*´﹃`*) ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

That is all I need to say. Mengo knows how to make stuff lewd. It's pretty funny and the scenarios is pretty smut, i mean you have to do something about a school about sex. Probably going to start following the series now.

Is there an English title for this?

Kingdom - 464

I'm hoping there was more to Kanki's plan than that

Minna Atsumare Falcom Gakuen - 13b

Olivier pls lol

That friendship with Gilbert was unexpected heh

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch50.2

Well well, looks like Eri's intrusion is over.

And now Kimito faces another hurdle.

World Trigger 133
CcZkk1ZW8AAMO3S.jpg

Please dont let Hyuse ge off'd. Also dont turn traitor and leave behind Yotaro. Oh speaking of Yotaro I wonder what will happen if he appears would Hyuse save him?

Hanger defense battle was pretty epic, Kazama using Yuma's tactics even.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku No hero Academia 80

I do hope we don't go through the generic path of making the ex-best friend evil.
I have hopes this will backfire on the villains as Kacchan always wanted to be a hero.

Tomo-chan 264

So much hyping when nothing would happen, Tomo could appear naked and jump on top of Jun and he'd think she wanted to have a wrestling match.

Is there an English title for this?

Retort Pouch by YOKOYARI Mengo

I think only several chapter translated...

Food Wars! 156
CcZvpCqW0AAB48I.jpg

I didnt know they were in classes together, why didnt we ever get shown this. Actually I dont think we've ever had any time seeing what classes are like in this school?

Anyway the arc remains intereting just the presence of Taku really raises how well the manga is at interactions and storytelling.

Renny should hopefully lose I think, though would Kurokiba Ryou be the "Taku" of this arc and take a loss for the team.

Revo

UQ HOLDER! 113

Can't stop the declothing.
Still don't have the full picture, so can only wait for explanations

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Oh good, now its time for the characters previously shown to have a brain to prove they don't have a brain.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars! 156
CcZvpCqW0AAB48I.jpg

I didnt know they were in classes together, why didnt we ever get shown this. Actually I dont think we've ever had any time seeing what classes are like in this school?

Anyway the arc remains intereting just the presence of Taku really raises how well the manga is at interactions and storytelling.

Renny should hopefully lose I think, though would Kurokiba Ryou be the "Taku" of this arc and take a loss for the team.

They very rarely mention the classes because they're not very interesting - they did mention that a lot of them aren't cooking related and are just regular high-school stuff, e.g. math, Japanese, etc.

The only 2 I even remember ever being shown were the first one with Tadokoro, and then later on they showed Soma in a class with Erina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom