• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
KanColle - Maizuru Naval District
a5d31d8.png
no, wo. dat wo tho.

Another official KanColle manga. It's anthology style, meaning the art and tone of each chapter varies hugely. In practice around 80% of the released stuff is bland comedy hijinks involving the inferior regular ships, but occasionally the Abyssals creep in and make everything much more palatable. Well, it's mainly just Wo, but that's fine too.

Ray Down

Banned
What's wrong with the Itachi Pursuit arc?

They hype up the team up between Team 7 & 8 to go find Itachi and in the end they did jack shit.

It really bad in hindsight that Tobi just by himself stop the whole team from interfering in Sasuke & Itachi fight. When really Kakashi and Yamoto could have fought him, while everyone else goes.

Sasuke surviving Deidara final art is really bad. Unless I'm somehow remembering this wrong, Sasuke summons Ori main snake summon, puts it in a genjutsu, jumps in it's mouth, desummons it, Suigetsu some how knows this happens and resummons the snake to free Sasuke. Really ruins a pretty decent fight imo.

Team Hawk didn't do anything.

Ori comes out of Sasuke seal as some weird snake monster, tries to kill Itachi, he get's one shoted & seal just to show how OP Itachi is (like this series need to some more ways to show how powerful the sharingan was...guess what we didn't and it's stupid). A huge villain is just "killed" how to show how strong he is, ultimately for him to die shortly there after due to some nameless illness, so did we need that whole bit at all?

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shoujo Bitch na Ken 1

v9DPC94.png

I feel like I've seen the 'honor student who's also an ero nut' setup a few times before. Nevertheless, here it is again in 4-komedy format.

Nordicus

drFcuAH.jpg

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa
Why does everyone forget that people have two grandmas?
That does bug me a little.

Anyway, this seems to go in a direction where Asahi is going to have multiple children, who are going to get married to the children of the other cast, so you'll have multiple people calling Asahi "grandpa" while calling other not-Youko girls their grandmothers.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch123

Shima deserves no love.

And hey, another grandmother revealed!

Criminale! ch7-8

She can totes be both!

The moon is beautiful tonight, but first, die ch3

Well then. This got pretty bloody.

Sekai Oni 91

This series has some damn powerful art in intense moments. It's like almost always the perfect timing for a detailed page spread. I'm honestly having trouble thinking of a series that pull it off better than this in terms of consistency.

Provided they don't fuck up the ending, I think this series is probably going into my top 20.

Ha ha there it is. I posted that exact page and the one before it when it came out however long ago. So amazing. His whole explanation, the softening of his features, everything about his home and then Adachi's full page "Bullshit. You're enjoying this" and that 2nd full page insane shot of his face. Just chills from it.

This manga is so good at prepping you with what you expect to happen then going "Nope!" in the most shaking way possible.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
KanColle - Maizuru Naval District

no, wo. dat wo tho.

Another official KanColle manga. It's anthology style, meaning the art and tone of each chapter varies hugely. In practice around 80% of the released stuff is bland comedy hijinks involving the inferior regular ships, but occasionally the Abyssals creep in and make everything much more palatable. Well, it's mainly just Wo, but that's fine too.
Is she wearing clothes

Do clothes even work that way ever

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Otoyomegatari ch. 55

Maybe she could sing a song for the lady on the side of the road.

Abyssals are the only good thing that came out of KanColle. I really wish they were in a better series. Maybe do a Arpeggio crossover?

Chikotan, Kowareru 10-13

Dude's wasting his time when he has a much superior Nekoyashiki at his side. Being Nekoyashiki is suffering. Girl's way too great for him.

Meanwhile chapter 13 hit and that took a fucking drastic dramatic turn. MC's "What the fuck are you doing to my Chiko-tan? I'll kill you" was pretty boss though and made me like him a hell of a lot.

Tomo 323

Boobs.

Criminale 7+8

This manga is just a riot. Oh man, I don't know of a manga that has made me laugh this hard this early in it's life in a while. Maybe Jitsu wa Watashi wa. Reading the author notes about the rapist girl was...disturbing and interesting as I'm still not so keen on a character being an "endearing rapist" Also very interesting that in Japan women can't be charged with rape and are instead charged with "sexual misconduct" And by interesting, I mean fucked up.

Vampire Part-timer Kirishima-kun 2

This is a pretty cute 4koma. May as well follow it.

There's a Demon Lord on the Floor 13

I'm really just reading this for the cute artwork, fan-service and stupid situations. That and fat mushroom girl titties. This chapter had none. Sadface.

Oldman 20

I'm super glad Rebecca is still alive even if it's pretty bullshit that she got revived but her not killing the Queen made me roll my eyes so hard I'm pretty sure they just rolled into the ocean.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 123

This is the ship I will go down with.
That reaction, so good.

Tomo-chan 323

Nothing wrong with that.

Boruto is already off to a decent start by
killing off Naruto
. That plus Kishimoto not writing it gives the series a decent future. If Boruto:
*snip*

then the series will be far better than Naruto ever was...but Kishimoto is supervising the series from what I've heard so I have very low expectations.

Dude.

That is running in shonen jump.

As you typed, you already knew that you weren't gon get nearly all of dat.

Is she wearing clothes

Do clothes even work that way ever
This should clear things up / confuse you further:

Abyssals are the only good thing that came out of KanColle. I really wish they were in a better series. Maybe do a Arpeggio crossover?
Well said. I just want a game where you use them to sink all the regular garbage ships. For what it's worth, there was an Arpeggio event in KanColle once.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Criminale 7-8
"I want to eat his underwear"
LMAO, stalker girl still the craziest of the bunch.

Amaama to Inazuma 1-10

A single father trying to raise his daughter learning how to cook with the help of a highschool girl. This is good. It's similar to the first half of Usagi drop, about the difficulty of raising a children. There's a hint of romance too with the highschool girl falling in love with the dad. Series also include recipes for those who want to try too.

Zweizer

Banned
Peephole ch115

It's kind of oddly sweet that these two are living together.

Anyways, everyone seems to be here for the grand (hopefully) finale.

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko ch12

For once he's pretty level-headed.

His dick sure is popular.

Red String ch41

Ah yes, I can see how they might have some beef with that doll.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden Kamui 45
BONER
That's some high quality victory quote there.

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken 1

alternate title:My Girlfriend is a faithful virgin bitch
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Revo

Dear Only You Don't Know 76

Definitely prefer this couple over the one that she has been pushing for this entire time.

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken 1 - 2

Not a new formula, but its still pretty good

Tomo 322

Jun sure gets jealous for not even being in a relationship.

Tomo 323

not wrong at all

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
This should clear things up / confuse you further:
Not sure if topless cos some artists never draw areola, or just anime clothes </confused>

Koi Dano Ai Dano END

I can't believe it's actually over. I thought we'd get a spin off in college or something. I thought we'd get more of them dating, but I guess the point was not much changed between them after all.

Still, this has to be one of the best shoujo manga I've ever read. I really recommend it, you're not going to find a heroine like this in any other manga except the prequel, lol.

90% of this thread is filled with useless Tomo posts.

lol, I've at least started putting my Tomo posts with other chapters read, or grouping Tomo chapters together.

Much appreciated. :)

I started but you know what?

Tomo-chan 323

So basically Tomo's theory on what gives off lust fell through

I didn't post a chapter review for a certain time so lol

90% of this thread is filled with useless Tomo posts.

Toriko 1-100
I cry this was so good. Fuck everything.

re-reading it and seeing the difference from the rushing we currently have? (felt the same way when I read some old volumes)

it is like when i re-read OP part 1

well I am crossing my fingers things changed now with this Yonko arc gearing up

someone mentioned this before...

but the concept of Hunter X Hunter...

an often hiatus status manga...

entering a BOAT arc....

i JUST got the possible implications of this....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tomo-chan

A new chapter of Tomo chan was translated and I read it

[repeat post every day]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom