• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Costigan-kun is like the Soma of the thread. Newcomer on the wall of shame.

All You Need Is Kill 9

Making her loop reset be a shower scene was a bit on the unnecessary side. I dont think we needed it to happen there. Keiji gets such a reset point.

But knowing that its the mimics makes the story feel a bit more polished and rather unique.

bigkrev

Costigan-kun is like the Soma of the thread. Newcomer on the wall of shame.

Wall of shame right now

Capture_zpsde3ff2c9.jpg

This is making me laugh too much

okayfrog

Banned
I'm reading through Rurouni Kenshin for the first time. As a kid, I watched up to the Kyoto arc and kinda stopped. Later I found out the rest was filler so it's a-okay. I'm reading beyond the Kyoto arc and wow, I can't believe
they actually kill off Kaoru
. I'm still kinda in shock and I'm several chapters past that. A manga hasn't shocked me like this since... I'm really not sure, actually. Jesus...

scy

I'm reading through Rurouni Kenshin for the first time. As a kid, I watched up to the Kyoto arc and kinda stopped. Later I found out the rest was filler so it's a-okay. I'm reading beyond the Kyoto arc and wow, I can't believe
. I'm still kinda in shock and I'm several chapters past that. A manga hasn't shocked me like this since... I'm really not sure, actually. Jesus...

This sequence of events is something I'm not sure I could handle in a weekly manga right now. Like, it would just be way too much for me.

okayfrog

Banned
I think the last time I felt something like this was during the One Piece Summit War arc. It was so great following that weekly.
EDIT: I'm a few chapters ahead now.
I had a feeling this would all be fake, and it's looking to be that way. Please, please, please let me be wrong.
EDIT2: And now
it's confirmed it was a fake corpse. To be fair, they did kinda foreshadow this, but still it feels really fucking cheap. I was kinda getting bored of the manga as Enishi just couldn't compare to Shishio, but Kaoru's death woke me up. Now? Again, meh, unless they kill Kaoru for real, lol.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT THE FUCK??

holy shit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wall of shame right now

Capture_zpsde3ff2c9.jpg

This is making me laugh too much

As someone with like 8000 total mangaGAF posts, I think its kind of absurd. Nobody can have that much interesting things to talk about.

scy

I only watched the anime and the shitty fillers, I never actually read it!

what the shit

how??

I might have not finish reading it?

I know my brother bought all the post-Kyoto arc volumes so they are at home somewhere...

I watched episode one and thats it, and the eleven or so chps of restoration.

Wow.

Wow.

I always just thought that was one of the things everyone had read.

As someone with like 8000 total mangaGAF posts, I think its kind of absurd. Nobody can have that much interesting things to talk about.

I don't.

Wow.

Wow.

I always just thought that was one of the things everyone had read.

I think I lost interest after the Kyoto arc finished.

Of course I was watching the anime instead of reading the manga so I probably just assumed the series was over.

scy

For the curious then, super lategame Kenshin spoilers:
The Kaoru killed is a corpse doll, not the real one, as part of the Enishi's revenge; he can't bring himself to actually kill her due to the resemblance to Tomoe so the doll is left instead. Watsuki wanted to kill her off for the story but I think was pressured into a happier ending where she didn't die, if I recall the author's notes? We still get the visual of it and then like 3 volumes of moping though

It's Chapter 207 if you care to find it, I guess.

I feel like Stealth Symphony is going to get the ax soon.

Has it actually been ranked yet and not in its grace period yet?

But well yeah, that's pretty much the feeling for most of the new Jump series these days.

It's not a countdown until they become popular but a countdown until they get cancelled. ~_~

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Iron Knight is definitely dead at this point. It's been at dead last since it left the grace period.

so I'm at the point where I want to read more of my book (Spice and Wolf volume 8) but it's only like 160 pages and I read like 50 when I started it on the bus home today.

this is annoying. what do

kewlmyc

Magi latest:

How long is this prequel arc going to be? Jesus, we're just now getting to the main arc's villain. It's interesting, but too many characters I'm supposed to recognize that I don't and I miss Alibaba, Aladdin, and Morgiana.

Dresden

love lab -

I will always love this. That said, those chapters where Ruri Miyahara slips free of the 4-koma format are the strongest ones.

yeHDdIe.png

so I'm at the point where I want to read more of my book (Spice and Wolf volume 8) but it's only like 160 pages and I read like 50 when I started it on the bus home today.

this is annoying. what do

Are you worried that you'll finish it on the bus or not.

Just keep staying on the bus until you finish?

Square is starting to publish its manga digitally through Yen Press in English starting April.

The initiative will launch on April 8 and grant readers access to 175 ebook titles through Amazon, the Apple App Store, Barnes and Noble, Google and Kobo. New volumes in these series will be available through these services as they are released in the future.

The first titles to launch through the service include Yana Toboso's Black Butler, Atsushi Ohkubo's Soul Eater and Yoshiki Tonogai's Doubt. Titles slated to roll out through April include Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa, Higurashi When They Cry by Ryukishi07 and Hiroshi Takashige and Double-S's Until Death Do Us Part. These ebook editions will also feature color pages not available in the print versions.

The partnership has also made possible the serialization of chapters previously unreleased in English for two series: Atsushi Ohkubo's Soul Eater Not! and Yoshiki Tonogai thriller Secret. These sections will be released ahead of the next round of new chapters for these titles.

Can't get the Yen Press digital stuff over here, but cool for people in the U.S. and whatnot I guess.

----------------------------------------------

Are you worried that you'll finish it on the bus or not.

Just keep staying on the bus until you finish?

No I want to keep it for my bus journeys (an hour in to Dublin, 20 mins from Dublin to college and vice versa in the evenings, although I only really read on the longer journey). But I'm home now and I want to keep reading it. But I shouldn't, cos I'd only finish it in like an hour tonight.

I still have volume 9 here to read as well but still, I don't want to go through them too quickly. But I want to read them.

fuuuuuck

Stealth Symphony 5
tumblr_n2yguuwPYO1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Jig's determination was the best part. Surprised that Raika didn't actually turn out to want to take his dragon heirloom but instead had that silly personality to hear. Jig being in a company of other cyborgs is a good move to introduce us to lots more characters so Im wondering who else is around. That Colt character seemed like another one on the colour page to open the series up so Im assuming these folks will stick around for much of the plot. Maybe it will be Jig's permanent place while waging or trying to assist V&V? Not chapters conflict will be intense.

Square is starting to publish its manga digitally through Yen Press in English starting April.

Can't get the Yen Press digital stuff over here, but cool for people in the U.S. and whatnot I guess.

Pretty interesting to see them doing this but no real interest in the titles offered. ~_~

Kinda interesting they have FMA though.

No I want to keep it for my bus journeys (an hour in to Dublin, 20 mins from Dublin to college and vice versa in the evenings, although I only really read on the longer journey). But I'm home now and I want to keep reading it. But I shouldn't, cos I'd only finish it in like an hour tonight.

I still have volume 9 here to read as well but still, I don't want to go through them too quickly. But I want to read them.

fuuuuuck

Read and then sit on the despair that you are caught up.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
For the curious then, super lategame Kenshin spoilers:
The Kaoru killed is a corpse doll, not the real one, as part of the Enishi's revenge; he can't bring himself to actually kill her due to the resemblance to Tomoe so the doll is left instead. Wakaki wanted to kill her off for the story but I think was pressured into a happier ending where she didn't die, if I recall the author's notes? We still get the visual of it and then like 3 volumes of moping though

It's Chapter 207 if you care to find it, I guess.
Does he say more somewhere about how the story would have been if
he killed Kaoru
as intended? Poor Kenshin. :(

I'm rereading Nozaki-kun because of the anime announcement thing, and this page:

Waka x Seo 5eva

One Punch Man 34p2

Wow completely dont know who Metal Knight was but if Genos finally has some challenger that can only mean one thing, he will finally get the screentime he deserves in this manga. The writing is getting to a level to finally match its art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom