• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Does he say more somewhere about how the story would have been if
he killed Kaoru
as intended? Poor Kenshin. :(

Re-reading the note,
maybe he didn't "want to" but felt it made the story better but decided for the happy ending since it's shounen and you can't have a happy ending if Kaoru died. Presumably, it would just make the arc about revenge from both sides and culminating in Kenshin being the bigger man and letting Enishi go to atone and then goes back to wandering instead of getting married and starting a family. And that'd be an awful, awful, awful ending

Waka x Seo 5eva

I'm more concerned about who voices her now. This is of utmost importance.

Nisekoi 115
BjhF7f1CYAAT16L.png:large

Well made up for his absence last chapter but too depressing for a nisekoi chapter.

For the curious then, super lategame Kenshin spoilers:
The Kaoru killed is a corpse doll, not the real one, as part of the Enishi's revenge; he can't bring himself to actually kill her due to the resemblance to Tomoe so the doll is left instead. Wakaki wanted to kill her off for the story but I think was pressured into a happier ending where she didn't die, if I recall the author's notes? We still get the visual of it and then like 3 volumes of moping though

It's Chapter 207 if you care to find it, I guess.

i'm glad
he didn't since fucking cmon man Kenshin deserves some happiness :( plus it made that whole situation to exhume the body tense as fuck (with Yahiko/Aoshi/Sano vs the Doctor Lady/Misao iirc)

too bad the ovas kinda went that route in a way lol, though to be fair its ways later.

scy

i'm glad
he didn't since fucking cmon man Kenshin deserves some happiness :( plus it made that whole situation to exhume the body tense as fuck (with Yahiko/Aoshi/Sano vs the Doctor Lady/Misao iirc)

too bad the ovas kinda went that route in a way lol, though to be fair its ways later.

The only way it could have been better (/worse?) is if
207 was the end of the volume. The volume starts with her death and her being found alive so it's fairly self contained. I can only imagine how much better of a cliffhanger it would've been if it ended the volume instead lol. I'm curious to see how the story is improved with her dead but I think that really only applies thematically. Pretty much everything else kind of suffers a bit for it without her imo

Also, fuck Reflection. I want my happy ending, not Kenshin dying of a disease and wandering aimlessly forever for some fucking reason. If I remember right, Watsuki was fine with how this went (and would've killed Kenshin anyway >>) so whatever, they all suck

Kenshin

The only way it could have been better (/worse?) is if
207 was the end of the volume. The volume starts with her death and her being found alive so it's fairly self contained. I can only imagine how much better of a cliffhanger it would've been if it ended the volume instead lol. I'm curious to see how the story is improved with her dead but I think that really only applies thematically. Pretty much everything else kind of suffers a bit for it without her imo
I guess the first thing would be Kenshin either finally deciding to go himself or someone else finally broke through to him as iirc he only made a move once he heard that she was alive, but then we might not have gotten much of that Yahiko fight with the berserker dude.

Also, fuck Reflection. I want my happy ending, not Kenshin dying of a disease and wandering aimlessly forever for some fucking reason. If I remember right, Watsuki was fine with how this went (and would've killed Kenshin anyway >>) so whatever, they all suck

I thought Watsuki said that he thought it was kinda harsh? maybe that was more after the fact since he apparently gave his blessing.

edit: apparently he didn't mind much since he would have reached at that point eventually if he continued the manga, but he gave the current ending at the time since Kenshin went through a lot of shit.

scy

Basically, would've gotten close to that himself.

I'll just embrace the way the manga ended and ignore the other possibilities :x

Yugioh! Zexal 40
BjhSQmcCQAAlBxv.png

The pose for the panel imitating Astral was the best moment of the duel in this chapter. No page spreads oddly for it which is unusual considering how many we received in the past. It feels like it is still about to end especially with the final move about to be made if Yuma can escape the 4000ATK attack.

Well they claim this is a worldwide thing, but we'll see.

that would be interesting. Dunno if I'll enjoy anything there, but would be cool. We generally don't get the manga apps in Ireland.

-----------------------------------

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 5-7

Prince is worst girl.

Phantom Brave - Ivoire Monogatari 1
x6QQ397.jpg

Official manga adaptation for Phantom Brave. By, uh, Douman Seiman. The guy can't work his usual warped magic for obvious reasons, but I'll read basically anything he's involved in regardless of how constrained it is, plus I really enjoyed the game.

Pekoyama, though most of my affinity is for spoilers.
I know virtually nothing about SDR2, which is why I can say with confidence that Nanami is best girl. Though she'll have to be pretty damn exceptional to surpass Celeste.

Phantom Brave - Ivoire Monogatari 1
x6QQ397.jpg

Official manga adaptation for Phantom Brave. By, uh, Douman Seiman. The guy can't work his usual warped magic for obvious reasons, but I'll read basically anything he's involved in regardless of how constrained it is, plus I really enjoyed the game.

Huh, a Douman Seiman official manga adaptation for Phantom Brave, really?

Now I really have to read this.

I know virtually nothing about SDR2, which is why I can say with confidence that Nanami is best girl. Though she'll have to be pretty damn exceptional to surpass Celeste.

*judging your choices*

Cerity

Tokyo Ghoul 47-48

Really liking the composition of the cast so far, we've had the people and ghouls who just want to live a normal life, the people/ghouls who act faithfully on their prejudices and everyone inbetween. The new guy seems like he is/he'll fall into the character in that he's human but his nature is of a ghoul.

Kyuur

Noragami 11-22

Picking up where the canon in the anime left off. This is really good, hope more gets translated soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't even understand why DTL reads Nisekoi. It seems like the exact opposite of what he purports to like.

I don't even understand why DTL reads Nisekoi. It seems like the exact opposite of what he purports to like.

He likes the main character?

Regardless of how improbable, the Shuu route is still an option?

I mean, he doesn't really talk about anyone other than Raku or Shuu when reading it so I don't see why he wouldn't read it.

Unless he's secretly reads it for Chitoge, I can't understand that

Quasar

that would be interesting. Dunno if I'll enjoy anything there, but would be cool. We generally don't get the manga apps in Ireland.

Well in this case all the content is being sold though the standard ebook apps (kindle, ibooks, google play, etc) rather than say the Yen press app which is US only.

I'm still not sure how I feel about comics being put into epubs.

I'm going to start reading Hunter X Hunter. What should I expect?

sometimes the art becomes very barren..... after awhile it just stays consistently good until the end

if your just starting... watch the new Anime

Edit: Also have hope that the series will return.... don't listen to these pessimistic guys :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom