• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day he finally bangs the aunts and makes the aunt his manga gaf is gonna be a sea of celebration, tears, and a few people shaking their head in disgust

scy

Kingdom 352-354 -

QBrKvHU.jpg

RIP coalition army

Lain

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 1

Kid meets a girl when he's younger who says she's a princess after witnessing something weird. In turn, they become friends. fast forward many years and dude develops feelings for the really good looking girl, his childhood friend. Turns out she's moving away.

Later that night, dude sees flash of light from where he met her. Turns out she's a princess from another world who has to move back home (with her granpa who brought her here) as she was promised to a prince and must get married.

Dude mans up and follows her through whatever portal was opened, crashes the wedding. Through a series of events that involves rings of power/marriage, he ends up killing a demon and is now married to her.

Pretty cool romance/fantasy with nice art. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

'scuse me, dude crashes a wedding, kills a demon, marries the hot childhood friend girl who's a magical princess in reality and there is still more to come?
I'm... intrigued.

'scuse me, dude crashes a wedding, kills a demon, marries the hot childhood friend girl who's a magical princess in reality and there is still more to come?
I'm... intrigued.

that was basically my feeling in a nutshell.

I keep putting it off.

I can feel his death glares.

Edit: Wait, it's Maybe. Doubled interest.

Don't worry, these death glares aren't as bad as my "wait, you still haven't fucking watched White Album 2 yet?" death glares.

-_-

Aunt Tits 120

If she's the true last boss then there needs to be some sort of requirement to unlock her fight. Like clearing all the previous girls without losing a life (which is going to be freakin' difficult due to the yandere and the 10 year old).

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari
Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 1

Kid meets a girl when he's younger who says she's a princess after witnessing something weird. In turn, they become friends. fast forward many years and dude develops feelings for the really good looking girl, his childhood friend. Turns out she's moving away.

Later that night, dude sees flash of light from where he met her. Turns out she's a princess from another world who has to move back home (with her granpa who brought her here) as she was promised to a prince and must get married.

Dude mans up and follows her through whatever portal was opened, crashes the wedding. Through a series of events that involves rings of power/marriage, he ends up killing a demon and is now married to her.

Pretty cool romance/fantasy with nice art. Will be keeping an eye on this one.
I checked this out earlier and it was like a paper knife through my heart. Not because there was anything overwhelming wrong with it, but because the premise / opening chapter doesn't have even 0.437% of the appeal to me that Tasogare Otome did (same guy). Hoping it picks up somehow.

scy

eventually

reaper bro, I can't diablo and watch stuff

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 1 - Boy meets girl, girl has a secret, years pass, childhood friends, blah blah blah suddenly fantasy world, married, and demon slaying.

Now I'm going to go re-read Tasogare.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari

I checked this out earlier and it was like a paper knife through my heart. Not because there was anything overwhelming wrong with it, but because the premise / opening chapter doesn't have even 0.437% of the appeal to me that Tasogare Otome did (same guy). Hoping it picks up somehow.

It's like the polar opposite of Tasogare in terms of tone right now. Maybe it'll pick up something darker.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatte Iru. vol 1 ch 4 - 5(LN)

The scene with the novel was much better done here and so much funnier than I remember for Zaimokuza's appearance and his chuunibiyou. The classroom scene proceeding it was intense though with the writing made me also feel like a loner like Hikki :( Perhaps its why I love this series so much, can always see myself in him.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 62

Yeah, I think this reached the end of its natural lifespan a while back. Needs something to shake it up, like her brutally murdering coworker girl in a drug-induced rage.

I've never read Tasogare (although I guess I kinda have to now), so all I can really respond with is this:

look at her

how could I not be in?
Yuuko laughs at your breathing childhood friend.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 62

Yeah, I think this reached the end of its natural lifespan a while back. Needs something to shake it up, like her brutally murdering coworker girl in a drug-induced rage.

Not everything can end in murder.

I was hoping that romance angle would actually happen with that guy who maybe likes her.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yami no Naka no Crown 6
You can't just suddenly change the setting like that, end it on a cliffhanger, and tell me that you're being serialized in a random Chinese magazine now

Did no one mention Hiro Mashima's new manga? (Fairy Tail Zero)

Was hoping that Mashima was going to do a wholly different series, but the monthly Fairy Tail Zero could be compelling.

Dont know how I feel about a spinoff of fairy tail by someelse in that monthly magazine either.

Speaking of FT

Fairy Tail Special 2

Damn Mashima really going for the shipping angle with the Gray and Juvia last chapter with Natsu and Lucy this time around.

What a tease, Natsu almost (willingly/on purpose) kisses Lucy only for her to put Happy to block for her. It was a sweet chapter though with Asuka and Natsu losing on purpose. Natsu could be a great dad, probably would be if the 7 year timeskip didn't happen lol. Its not like he has a limited number of choices in females lol. ;b

I expect a Haru/Ellie thing to happen sometime soon in the manga. RIP DTL.

Charade

Game 2 (Takemiya Jin)

Hm. So the interesting Bakuman angle got pushed to the wayside in favor of the usual misunderstandings. Hope they go back to it.

Mortemis

Banned
Aunt tits 120

Putting the tits back in aunt tits eh. Welp, now that you have your schwing back by staring at your aunt, go and conquer your cousin! Lol

Kingdom 352-354

This war is finally over! Now hurry up and get to the awards ceremony so we can see people overreacting to whatever Shin gets again.

Dreaming Love 2
Bj_qSWqCYAA9ozZ.png

This manga continues to deliver on this fantasy and finally some non S&M for a potential regular normal and usual relationship. I loved that they tried for a bit but then got back to their old ways. Going fairly good.

Kyuur

I just felt like showing you manga readers a glimpse of how the Toriko anime ended:

3oJwuLO.png

Toriko's ULTIMATE FORM-U!

eJEGOKh.png

Joa final form wow such scary wow

cYzigvk.png

Toriko summoning his spirit animal, the Galala Gator! Such power!

LA26DaW.png

I think Gohan may have caught what Coco has

yqrVMHD.png

Aw what a happy ending (off-screen: the other kings chillin with Starjun)

Man I love anime adaptations of incomplete works.

scy

Nanatsu no Taizai 72 - I reiterate my last point: Is Diane dead? Or is there gonna be some Giants have awesome regeneration thing coming up?

upandaway

I just felt like showing you manga readers a glimpse of how the Toriko anime ended:

It's just a giant meta reference to the fact Toriko takes after 80s Jump manga, the anime must take after the incomplete endings of the 80s Jump anime

ryan13ts

Wut the hell @ Toriko anime ending. They must have animated that ending well before the revelation that Joa is Frozhe.

It's things like this that make me not even bother watching anime adaptations unless the series is completely finish, because the bullshit endings they come up on their own are just laughable and are almost immediately contradicted by the source material. Claymore and now this are prime examples.

I always feel that if they're about the catch up with the manga, that it's better to just go on a break/haitus or do relatively harmless filler instead of trying to come up with something on their own and risk tainting the material.

I always feel that if they're about the catch up with the manga, that it's better to just go on a break/haitus or do relatively harmless filler instead of trying to come up with something on their own and risk tainting the material.

Comments from the people behind toriko seem to suggest that it is going to return.
Fuji TV's program message - t'll be lonely now that Toriko has ended, but I feel there'll definitely be a part 2)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Man, pretty much every romcom/harem/shitty-ass ln author needs to take a step back and read Baby Steps because that's how you do something as simple as asking someone out

Comments from the people behind toriko seem to suggest that it is going to return.
Fuji TV's program message - t'll be lonely now that Toriko has ended, but I feel there'll definitely be a part 2)

They're gonna have to do some massive retconing, or just redo the final 10 episodes to start this part 2 anime as a "please ignore the episodes we did earlier we were drinking"

Droplet

Haikyuu!! 101

Actually now I remember the one thing that bothers me about this manga. If you're winning by so much and the other team is ass, why would you keep your starters in? You have 5 people on the bench who have not seen a single second of play time, you still have matches coming up, so you keep your good players in and risk the possibility of them getting tired/being injured?

Nanatsu no Taizai 72

King being useful! It's been such a long time!

Owari no Serafu 13

Hey they found each other. Time to stop reading this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Didn't Toriko establish that they can do illusions? I get the feeling that's how they'll play off the last few episodes, as one giant illusion that doesn't make sense.

Some of them are good; some of them aren't. There's a wide range of approaches to anime adaptations of ongoing works (which is pretty much all adaptations of manga) and how successful they are. Toriko may be an example of it being handled poorly, but then the majority of that adaptation has been handled poorly so this isn't really a surprise.

Charade

I wonder if anyone on the manga side has a say when these changes happen, or do they basically sell their souls to the studio. Any Japanese law experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom