• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
UQ Holder

Nagumo got fucking smacked down. Twice. First by Jinbei with dat tiger shoulder, then by Touta with the gravity sword.

There's no way Jinbei isn't at the very least related to Negi, to many similarities.

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi 32

I'm going to guess Nishimiya's mother had a shotgun wedding. Would explain why her husband's family is so quick to blame the deafness on her

Wagatsuma 76

JkbWzeb.jpg

Nice shirt.

UQ Holder 29

So Nagumo loses badly and then gets told that he lost to the kids. Not much to talk about in this chapter aside from the "Immortals are too strong. Retreat!" But we do see someone who looks like Fate. Then again it could just be Akamatsu's art.

Charade

I'm going to guess Nishimiya's mother had a shotgun wedding. Would explain why her husband's family is so quick to blame the deafness on her

That would make a lot of sense. Still felt somewhat ridiculous, but that's kinda expected when you try to jam all those emotions/plot points into a single flashback.

dumbyugi

UQ Holder 29

Guy who looks like Negi shows off how strong he is, of course Touta has to show off a bit too. Dude at the end really looks like Fate. I hope at the very least it's a relative of his.

Big One

Banned
One Piece spoilers

Robin tends to Usopp, and the Tontattas swear to build a statue for him.
Usopp: Just as planned! (liar!)

Throughout the kingdom, people are finally realizing Doflamingo to be the demon he is.
Dofla is listening to mountain of reports, facepalming.

Viola realizes she had forgotten about her brother-in-law, Kyros.
As the one-legged soldier charges ahead, she explains everything that happened to Dressrossa to Luffy.
Luffy learns who Kyros is, the same man as the statue he saw, and father of Rebecca.
As Doflamingo stands there listening to the reports, Kyros leaps into the room. He goes straight for Dofla's head.

He apologizes to the king for making him wait a decade. Dofla is surprised to see Kyros, and he recognizes him.. but too late.
Kyros loppes his head off!

As Dofla's head falls to the ground, Baby 5 and Buffalo scream for the young master.
Luffy carries Viola and charges in the room to save Law. Kyros declares he came to bring back the true Dressrosa.

Back at the Corrida Coliseum, Diamante is annoyed that Trebol failed them.
Rebecca is crying, as her memory of her father suddenly returns to her.
Barto complains how long he has to babysit her lol.

Sabo tells Rebecca this was the "trick" behind Dressrosa, and that everything has a "core".
Barto doesn't know what senpai is talking about, but Sabo gets up and tells them he's ending this.

He tells them the ring has a "core" as well. Dragon Claw Style, "Breath of Dragon"!
He explodes the ring, collapsing the entire thing.
Diamante screams demanding to know what he's doing.
Sabo smiles and tells him now he's got something to do, so he'll just win this fight.

Koala calls Hack and tells him Sabo is on his way below.

End of chapter.

Shit about to get REAL.

Averon

Naruto 671

So the sage was talking to both Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, as I suspected. Hashirama being the previous incarnation of Ashura sort of runs counter to the impression I got of Asura's incarnations. Hashirama was talented and the best from the get go. Madara--the previous incarnation of Indra--was always depicted as being second fiddle to Hashirama.

Also, nice to finally see where the Byakugan came from.

Naruto 671

So the sage was talking to both Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, as I suspected. Hashirama being the previous incarnation of Ashura sort of runs counter to the impression I got of Asura's incarnations. Hashirama was talented and a best from the get go. Madara--the previous incarnation of Indra--was always depicted as being second fiddle to Hashirama.

Yeah, it contradicts the whole theme.

ffdgh

Naruto

At first I was like oh look Naruto powerup time. Afterwards, Sasuke out of nowhere.

Poor Sakura...no power up for her lol.

Khezu

Naruto

There has to be some kind of twist coming up with Sasuke, right? Now they are suddenly great friends?

I think Sasuke is a "good" person now, and there won't be a twist of him turning evil and wanting to murder everyone.

I think the big conflict between him and Naruto will be about what to do with the Bijuu. Sasuke still wants to kill them so they can't cause anymore chaos in the world, well Naruto wants to keep his cuddly new pets.

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto
Bahahaha oh man. Kishi is just drawing fanfiction right now

One Piece
Doflamingo cab't be dead this easily right? Probably can disconnect bodyparts as long as they are on strings?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So the sage had the rinnegan while his mother had the sharingan and the byakugan?

Naruto

Yeah Hashi was no loser, guy was born with that magic wood, Maddy was always the underdog in their rivalry.

So what's the deal with the Rinnegan, Kaguya just popped out two sons who had some weird eye mutation that she didn't even have.

jercruz

Naruto

One Piece
Doflamingo cab't be dead this easily right? Probably can disconnect bodyparts as long as they are on strings?

One Piece

I doubt he's dead... Either Law activated room and we find out that inside it anybody can cut anybody safely, or that DD's ability is actually a logia type. And that he is made up entirely of strings

kasane

Naruto

One Piece

Oh i know how naruto ends.

He screws both hinata and sakura then his sons will fight for the position of hokage.

Was that bad enough?

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

There has to be some kind of twist coming up with Sasuke, right? Now they are suddenly great friends?

Well, the conversation between Sasuke and Hagaromo was left pretty vague. We can assume they were having generally the same conversation but we can't really predict what Sasuke answered. I feel like regardless of what that answer was going to be and to what question, Hagaromo was willing to give Sasuke what he needed. He's leaving things in Naruto and Sasuke's hands, and they will have to resolve their conflicts as to not lead things in the direction of his own personal goals. He's aware that the world is following the path of his Mother currently and he wills Sasuke and Naruto to at least stop Madara. What happens after that is up in the air. That's what I got from it....or Sasuke and Naruto are buds again. Sasuke's been changing anyway. Whose to say this conversation with the sage hasn't led him to see things differently. There's still the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle to be had though, unless Kishi has changed his mind or it's not the sort of battle we expect.

Triple U

Banned
Naruto

So full on folklore. I think its actually adapted pretty well too.

Naruto 671

So the sage was talking to both Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, as I suspected. Hashirama being the previous incarnation of Ashura sort of runs counter to the impression I got of Asura's incarnations. Hashirama was talented and the best from the get go. Madara--the previous incarnation of Indra--was always depicted as being second fiddle to Hashirama.

Hashirama was always stronger but he was alot more dense than Madara. Its the same with Sasuke/Naruto imo. Naruto was always stronger as well.

One Piece
Yeah uh wtf at the spoilers?

kasane

Seishun pop - END

Oh come on are you serious.

in the end he left her then he instead became a musician in murica. Come the fuck on

NateDrake

There's still the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle to be had though, unless Kishi has changed his mind or it's not the sort of battle we expect.

And there is my fear/thoughts. All the build up to this legendary battle and it won't even happen. Their opinion/views must differ on something that will lead to a fight or some lame sacrifice by one of them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko

Wait, so the toriko and rin getting married thing was real?

I thought he said it as a joke.

Chapter was hype though. Can't wait for the gourmet world.

Triple U

Banned
I guess I should just assume the Byakugan and Uzumaki lines descended from Kaguya's other son who for some reason isn't a legend.
I think maybe he died early or something. All the legend has been are So6p because he created the tailed beasts and the supposed two strongest clans come from his blood lines. But one thing that was part of the legend was that he created ninjutsu, which the sage denied. Maybe it was his brother.

But this chapter tied up several loose ends in a way I didn't think the writer was capable of.

Quasar

Finished Koibana Onsen. I really liked this, but I really felt pretty terrible for poor Fuuka. For such a upbeat love story, her fate sucked pretty hard. Also some of the non Nonoka/Akiyama relationships were quite a bit less interesting. Would have preferred more of that in the final third or so.

Really surprised they skipped the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom