• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, at least Toriko was placed just at the right spot.

*Shakes head furiously

The guy's ranking also means that he hates world building... Likely would hate HXH too seeing as it isn't pretty boys fighting with similar attacks on a barren landscape without any actual meaningful plot...

;)

upandaway

TWGOK 226-230

Starting to catch up today. I can definitely see what you guys were talking about, it feels weird to spend so much time on the school rankings, and Keima's strategies aren't as good as his usual ones. Seems like the VN meta is gone too. It's still fun but yeah.

whoa wait what

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 19

omg. that was probably the most adorable one yet.

Iinazuke Kyoutei 1

poor friend-who-secretly-has-a-crush-on-main-guy :(

hOJkW5c.png

upandaway

TWGOK 249

Did we ever see Kaori in the future? Huh. In any case it was okay, didn't expect them to just cheat everything out with celestial robe magic.

Seems like it's approaching endgame pretty cleanly though. Why did ya'll get surprised when they said the manga's ending.

upandaway

Iinazuke Kyoutei 16

On the beach being stripped naked was instant defeat, but in the bath it's considered victory. It's all about the context.

kasane

I think i shouldnt sleep at all since im still jet lagged, trying to fix it is hard.

So im re reading one piece right now

Late to this but OP art has change so much since the first vol especially in detail .
It really easy to see how the art changes when you go by arcs .

Since the FT anime start back guess it's time to catch up on the manga .
Also all cgi tv anime is be so poor it hard to watch .

I wish the new anime was a bit better in the art department, their characters need some work :(

BkdcpcDCcAISEUZ.png

And poor Gray :(
BkbQKO6CcAATMUN.png

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this manga is so cute :3

Black Joke

Not bad, not bad.

Holy shit that guy just got his spine pulled out??? O____________________________________O

Holy fuck that gothic lolita just SPOONED the guy's eyeballs out?????????? O_____________________O

Cwarrior

Jojo part 3- Stardust Crusaders ch 140

I have to say that jojo part 3 shits all over battle tendency part 2 for 2 mayor reason so far.

1.stands introduce for more interesting possibilities & variety in combat that the plain sunlight yellow overdrive punching fights.

2.Another major one the secondary character are far more relevant to the actually story & have a much bigger role then the support character status of part 1 & 2, they get far more respect & screen time.

Stardust Crusaders characters/cast > battle tendency

Big improvement writing quality wise, it address the things I felt could of been improved upon on the previous parts.

Nordicus

Hmm, I should finish some of the manga I put on hold long time ago. Here's one that I only have 10 chapters left to read:

Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie 55

I remember the relationship of the 2 single-parent families being rather adorable, should be easy to read thro-

How, the flying fuck, did I make it through 54 chapters??? I forgot how this mangaka likes to make the antagonists cartoonishly loathsome and irredeemable.

Yeah sure, smack a kid over a fucking train set then some time later humiliate another to get his. Fantastic writing

Akito

Claymore
I'm conflicted, it's about time Pris gets her ass handed to her but playing the Teresa card is some Yugioh level of bullshit. I'd also be lying if I say I wouldn't want to see her again but still...

TWGOK 266

Having Elise as the last boss would have been cool if he was going to have romance her. But it doesn't even look like we're going to do that!

Seitokai Tantei Kirika 08

We're getting slightly more complicated with this new group and yuri love rivals or whatever. Should just stick with moe treasurer detective solving money crimes. Hopefully it'll go back to that.

upandaway

TWGOK 259

...Now that you bring it up, it might not have been a good idea to put the key machine to the whole plan on a boat.

Anyway yeah um, this is super endgame. It totally seems like this is gonna end soon. I honestly don't know why you guys were surprised.

scy

TWGOK 259

...Now that you bring it up, it might not have been a good idea to put the key machine to the whole plan on a boat.

Anyway yeah um, this is super endgame. It totally seems like this is gonna end soon. I honestly don't know why you guys were surprised.

Because it got to this point in like four chapters.

upandaway

Because it got to this point in like four chapters.
I... uh, um, well. I can't say noticed any rush. Things have been climaxing ever since like chapter 248. And it was known from the start that things will enter endgame when he finishes with the past. I.... can't say I understand this, man.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TWGOK was in "end game" the same way Naruto is in "end game".

"End game", for manga, means another 2-3 years and 100+ chapters.

I... uh, um, well. I can't say noticed any rush. Things have been climaxing ever since like chapter 248. And it was known from the start that things will enter endgame when he finishes with the past. I.... can't say I understand this, man.

I think most people at that time were hoping that after this child arc, the series would finally go back to uh whatever it was doing. Though I guess we should have realized there really was no decent way for the series to return back to romancing girls.

Does anyone know of any good/semi-decent adult/serious manga or manga that deal with light issues in a serious way. I mean stuff like Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku, Natsu no Zenjitsu or even something lighter like Suicide Island. I really want to read something new as long as it doesn't have harems or childhood friends with unrequited love or the like. At this point I think I'd read anything with post-highschool characters as long as they don't act like kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom