• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko manga finally begins to live up to it's potential

Toriko anime team finally gives up on it and gives it a switch shot to the knee caps to kill it right before it would have become amazing

Dresden

Dead end manga from a convicted felon~ Couldn't even hack it with the anime's lead-in from One Piece. It took a while for it to sink in that Soma is the best series running in Jump, maybe this will take some time as well.

There is a sea that stabs powerful monsters in its way

Not only that but there is a frog that sits on the waves and drinks tea for a living

If that is not potiential I don't know what to say

wonzo

Banned
Toriko should be put down already to make room for something with potential.
but wsj already has the next big thing, ishoujo:

img000032r8omk.png

wonzo

Banned
There is a magic love app that supposedly helps people's dreams of love come true. The first story of this love app follows Tetta and Ginko, friends who have bickered since grade school. Tetta looks up the magic app on a whim, and ends up with an application that is connected to Ginko. When he manipulates the "Ginko" on the app, it affects the real girl. He's embarrassed to have it in the first place, but he can't uninstall it without inputting Ginko's measurements. Whether he actually likes Ginko romantically or not, it seems that this app could only make the situation worse!
y'all cant handle such deep art

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I haven't paid attention to Jump rankings, how's Stealth Symphony doing?

Fucked.
It got its first ranking this week, and it was essentially at the bottom (only beaten by Kochikame which doesn't count and Tokyo Wonder Boys which gets its first ranking next week, but that one sounds dead too).

It seems like the series with the only chance to survive the next round of cancellations is Illegal Rare and that will probably get a pass just because it's from the guy who did Nura

Why not just say "hey I need your measurements to get rid of the magic app that lets me control you" I mean if he actually wants to get rid of it and she clearly wants him to get rid of it just say "x-x-x" and be done with it

So I just realized

Ace ate the fire-fire fruit and was the #2 guy in the worlds greatest pirate crew the whitebeard pirates, he was also Luffy's childhood friend

Sabo ate the fire-fire fruit and is the #2 guy in the worlds greatest rebel group the Revolutionaries, he is also Luffy's childhood friend

Sabo to die during the final major war of the series confirmed?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why not just say "hey I need your measurements to get rid of the magic app that lets me control you" I mean if he actually wants to get rid of it and she clearly wants him to get rid of it just say "x-x-x" and be done with it

Because there wouldn't be a plot.
If your series needs to run on a massive contrivance like that, it's time to rethink your idea.

Because there wouldn't be a plot.
If your series needs to run on a massive contrivance like that, it's time to rethink your idea.

Heck my "iphone game waifu comes to life" idea could run for awhile just on that premise alone

Or have iShoujo be about him getting a magic app that lets him control his crush and now he has to use it to try and win her heart or something... or just make it a hentai series and have him use it to make her do lots of lewd things

789shadow

Banned
So I just realized

Ace ate the fire-fire fruit and was the #2 guy in the worlds greatest pirate crew the whitebeard pirates, he was also Luffy's childhood friend

Sabo ate the fire-fire fruit and is the #2 guy in the worlds greatest rebel group the Revolutionaries, he is also Luffy's childhood friend

Sabo to die during the final major war of the series confirmed?

More like Luffy to die in the final major war.

More like Luffy to die in the final major war.

But that would mean he'd have already found One Piece and became Pirate King, and I just can't see Oda ending the series on Luffy dying. The only way the series will end will be with Luffy as the next Shanks passing on the straw hat to some new kid keeping the dream alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom