• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only saying to scy the other day that it would be hilarious if at the end childhood friend did win, because it turned out he noticed her all along but didn't say.

but then he had to bring logic into it and say they weren't really friends, she just liked him

Ar nosurge ~Umareizuru Hoshi e Inoru Uta~ 01-03

xYL4lgOl.png

Ah, an adaptation of the prequel of the Ar Tonelico series. This will tide me over until the localization, hopefully.

Pretty interesting. Very interested in seeing how this world will lead to the world we know in Ar Tonelico. Our hero is very dumb but that's what we like about jRPG heroes.

LeleSocho

Banned
ARE YOU ON MY CAMP OR WHAT?
I like Alice but my heart in Soma's universe is elsewhere.

I don't know, maybe. The only way I can imagine one being good is if they stray away from the formula somewhat. They're mostly interchangeable.
A good tsundere is a tsundere that knows she is a tsundere and everyone in the manga knows that she's a tsundere and she knows that everyone knows that she's a tsundere.

Tsundere.

Even worse she's not even a real ojou-sama. She's barely a character at this point.

Yep pretty much this.

Apocalypse Alice 01

So edgy, such in an instant, in a flash, wow.

Well this is an LN adaptation for sure. Guy joins a school who trains people to kill girls to save the world!

It's ok I guess. Dunno, it's very much like a LN but at least it isn't like some silly fantasy thingy. I guess will keep reading?

upandaway

A good tsundere is a tsundere that knows she is a tsundere and everyone in the manga knows that she's a tsundere and she knows that everyone knows that she's a tsundere.

Tsundere.
What if all that is true, except she isn't actually a tsundere?

My head is starting to hurt now. I didn't realize just how meta Grisaia no Kajitsu was when it did that.

Cerity

Kono Oto Tomare! 15

Nice, we finally got see more about Takeru, very nice as he's been given the back seat over chika/hostuki in pretty much most of the chapters so far.

Baby Steps 208
I'm pretty sure the author has forgotten about natsu at this stage as well.

Why do you always have to hate second best girl AHB?
I made a childhood promise with [BEST GIRL] that I would always hate [2ND BEST GIRL].
I don't hate Tohka... yet.

But Lala's the 2nd best girl. Please tell me you at least have Yui as best girl.
Haven't really thought enough about TLR/D to have a clear favourite, but if you held a tentacle to my head I'd probably say Momo.

iShoujo 01

Well then, this is some art. Very impressive. The romance is kinda cute and I expected the whole app them to be much lewder.

I can see why this isn't completely bombing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What's Erina supposed to even think? That everyone on every judging panel is actually an idiot for not noticing Soma sucks at cooking?

Dresden

Soma to pioneer the omnibus format harem endings in shonen manga.

e: this would be really cruel:

"At least we have each other, right, Soma?"

"Wait, who were you again?"

u0i8GZe.png

BAD END

One Week Friends 15

There was some cute stuff here but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that guy makes me angry when I see him. How could he not like Kaori? What a piece of shit. If anything bad happens again...

fuck it, just end him please, mangaka.

END HIM PAINFULLY

Quixzlizx

TWGOK 267

I don't really know why anyone would freak out over this chapter. Yui is by far my favorite husbando, but I knew there was a 0% chance of any goddess host other than Tenri winning. It would've made zero sense for him to choose one of them over the others, given his perspective. My odds were:

65%: Nobody. He just plays Firetruck Simulator 2000 with Elsie/Eri forever.
25%: Chihiro
10%: Some sort of trolling/meta harem end
5%: Tenri
-5%: Haqua

What's Erina supposed to even think? That everyone on every judging panel is actually an idiot for not noticing Soma sucks at cooking?

I believe she gave up on stage 1 and has instead moved to stage 2 where she knows he has "okay" cooking skills but he is an idiot and has a terrible personality

funnily enough while reading the summer camp arc, he and her have the same hobbies

scy

They're all still in high school.

"luck"

"It was a fluke"

e.t.c

In my experience with online games, this applies regardless of age.

TWGOK 267

I don't really know why anyone would freak out over this chapter. Yui is by far my favorite husbando, but I knew there was a 0% chance of any goddess host other than Tenri winning. It would've made zero sense for him to choose one of them over the others, given his perspective. My odds were:

Man. Harsh. Man.

Quixzlizx

/\/\/\
No hate. Just spitting truth.

Nisekoi 118

Marika had a total of two panels this chapter, and they were my favorite ones. That fucking face.

TWGOK 267

You are now in my "don't like what he likes" list.
And Tenri is besssssssssst.

Stretch 19

Stretch is some good, light reading, but I'm still kinda waiting to see where this is going. Like, it doesn't have to be the yuri route for me to keep reading (although I still think that would be adorable), I'd just like a glimpse at where it's going.

Baby Steps 1

It's probably about time I started reading this. Natsu's pretty cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom