• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I Love you, Suzuki-kun!! volume 1
J1n.jpg

On one hand, the story is nice and somewhat refreshing with the 4 main characters. On the other hand, having the author tell me already that one couple will form and go strong for years kills my mood a little (there is the thing at the start where it says they got separated at 15 and at 17 he's still searching for her presence... but then in the book there is this phrase about their love lasting for years and years to come...).
There is also the fact that Go Ikeyamada's art style is.... unique but not nice to look at. Even her SD comedic drawing are sort of bad, though funny to see.

I guess the appeal will be seeing Sayaka become an actress, shedding that shy side of her and how Chihiro will deal with her unrequited love for Hikaru (in the first volume, she encouraged him toward Sayaka, but will she still be such a nice person growing up?). Shinobu will have a lot of growing up to do, since he's a big asshole as a kid and with such a personality, I foresee difficulties in Chihiro's life because of his unrequited love for her.

Fairy Tail

LOL Rouge turns out to be super evil and Lucy looks possessed. Natsu got pwned and the injury actually looks serious.

Looking forward to HSDK with Ryouto attacking his own master.

wonzo

Banned
currently still better than wednesdays in this thread

I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with an artist that decides to draw stuff that some people might find objectionable. Even more so when it comes to this artist, given that what he depicts is stuff that's simply not possible in real life or realistic at all.

I do wonder what kind of reactions people would have by reading Uziga Waita's Biology chapter from Death Face or the Night of Crysalis chapter (still from Death Face). Though going by what happened with Mai-chan, I should probably already have an idea lol.

Sounds interesting, will read later.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Message to Adolf 21

I've got to say, I'm surprised at the way Tezuka portrays how the japanese treated the chinese back in those day as incredibly oppressive and racist. I thought the subject was fairly taboo in japan.

Theonik

Sounds interesting, will read later.
It should offer quite a bit of "wisdom" so you should expect to get some sort of "fun" out of it. I read up to the end to the biology lesson thing.
Edit: How on earth did I word that second sentence like that.

Akito

Claymore 137
Now there's a coherent version released I just realized how fucking terrible the Panda translation was, it didn't even come close most of the time. The chapter is not as pointless as it seemed, Yagi was trying to explained why Clare and friends can stay half-awakened and I guess it was not a coincidence that all of those "failed experiments" happened to join the same hunt for an awakened being back then. Ruben is like the Aizen of Claymore.

dramatis

I came from the gloriousness that is Gaming Side at the moment for this shit?

Da fuq?
What gloriousness? Console war is in full swing even before the consoles have even been shown. You can't read a thread about MS or Sony without facepalming.

Nobunaga no Chef 9
I wonder if Hideyoshi was actually that short in real life. Ken seems like a giant, but that makes sense since average height for Japanese men increased since Sengoku.

Also, Nobunaga has some crazy brows.

Stinky

I totally need to sit down and watch this one.
Also, that thread on gaming about always online for the next xbox created such a fantastic fuck you .gif, I expect it to be used often in the future.

We cant have new .gifs, its against the rules for Wiseblade to use more than his rotation of 6 or 7

The fuck happened here.

Sorry guys, I can't follow you down there.

Although I can't believe Grimace took a peek down the hole...that post was hilarious.

Ore to Fuuki Iin no (one shot)

Dad tells sons he has to dress like a girl since he told the person he's going to marry that he has a daughter. Person in school finds out and exploits it for his own personal enjoyment to keep it a secret from everyone else . Predictable end, dull.

Strawberry no yuuutsu (one shot)
tumblr_mkpiq99BSZ1s0i7s4o1_500.png

Really liked this story on a threesome. Lots of nice scenes and the two that seemingly hated each other having a really great ending and providing some entertainment for bedridden Osamu over the phone was really good.

Antiwhippy

Message to Adolf end

That was really damn good. A really interesting embellishment on the story of WW2, but other than sticking to the "adolf is a jew" theory, it follows the events fairly closely. Seeing that Osamu Tezuka has a really cartoony style it was interesting to see how brutal it gets. It doesn't shy away from the violence at all, from close up executions to Nazis mowing Jews down with rifles. Love the depiction of the war. It really pulls no punches.

I really like the character drama. Toge is hilariously badass considering the setting, but his character is pretty likable and it was interesting seeing his transition from a person rampaging for revenge to a person who settled down in life. On the other hand the character developement for Adolf Kaufmann was incredibly tragic. It was pretty sad to see him transition from a sweet young kid to a anti-semite Nazi fanatic, and his indoctrination in the Hitler Youth that showed that transformation made it even more tragic.

TLDR it's pretty damn good.

Also the first full osamu tezuka work that I've completed.

scy

Last time it was done (against those guys at that), it was a full page list of skills used against them.

Presumably, it's a similar circumstance here with Medaka doing it instead.

The nextbox always-online thread scares me. I mean, Hot House and Death Face are just disgusting but generational shifts bring out the worst in people. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Edit: and that defense thread! :lol :lol :lol

The nextbox always-online thread scares me. I mean, Hot House and Death Face are just disgusting but generational shifts bring out the worst in people. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Edit: and that defense thread! :lol :lol :lol

As much as I'm excited for the PS4 and the shift in general, this is exactly the reason why I've been mostly avoiding the gaming side for at least 5 or 6 months now. I gloss over the first page and I rarely find something interesting.

Death Face 1

I got this far.

q2uTc9k.png

Then I realized I should've listened to Whippy, well knowing that it's really, really harmless compared to other stuff out there. Then I cried.

Like I said, there's no reason for this to exist.

As much as I'm excited for the PS4 and the shift in general, this is exactly the reason why I've been mostly avoiding the gaming side for at least 5 or 6 months now. I gloss over the first page and I rarely find something interesting.

It's the opposite i find my self spending less time in mangaGAF (did not make top 20 last thread and not for this one also ) and more time on the gaming side .
I love all the fun next gen brings good , bad and the crazy .

Antiwhippy

Hmm, I had the same thoughts too, but I've set my sights on the pink XL just for bigger battery life.

I have pretty big hands anyway.

Message to Adolf end

That was really damn good. A really interesting embellishment on the story of WW2, but other than sticking to the "adolf is a jew" theory, it follows the events fairly closely. Seeing that Osamu Tezuka has a really cartoony style it was interesting to see how brutal it gets. It doesn't shy away from the violence at all, from close up executions to Nazis mowing Jews down with rifles. Love the depiction of the war. It really pulls no punches.

I really like the character drama. Toge is hilariously badass considering the setting, but his character is pretty likable and it was interesting seeing his transition from a person rampaging for revenge to a person who settled down in life. On the other hand the character developement for Adolf Kaufmann was incredibly tragic. It was pretty sad to see him transition from a sweet young kid to a anti-semite Nazi fanatic, and his indoctrination in the Hitler Youth that showed that transformation made it even more tragic.

TLDR it's pretty damn good.

Also the first full osamu tezuka work that I've completed.
Awesome! Try getting Apollo's Song. It's probably my favorite work by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom