• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Yonensei
The art looks pretty rough compared to Genshiken but I enjoyed the story and the characters, all very relatable. I really like the visit at Akio's parents and the twist at the end. Looking foward to the sequel.

Did not realize there was a sequel and it's 5 volumes long. Good thing it will be translated.

Wiseblade

Have you seen Griffith's swag? It's more likely that brain dead Casca is going to get pregnant again.

DON'T EVEN JOKE

Berserk 288

Farsese, what did you just say? Because I know you did not just start insulting Casca.

Casca >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Old witch > Brain dead Casca >>>>> Female God Hand >>>> Hawk Medium > Brat Witch > Farnese.

Wiseblade

He wouldn't even have to force her this time.

i7LJwHANaiVkV.gif

One Piece
A user on Gamefaqs (OnslaughtOfGods) came up with an interesting theory. What if the candy being fed to the kids...is the same candy that is being fed to Big Mom? It would explain her enormous size and her obsession with constantly being fed the candy!

And then I thought it would also mean that the SAD factories might actually be those same candy factories, which could explain why no one seems to know about them aside from Caesar and Doffy. It would also give the SHs a reason possibly to return to FI and pick up Jinbei.

Also, think, why would Doffy be feeding Big Mom the candies? It's possible he's in league with both her and Kaido, using SAD for both purposes. Or it's possible it's a way of poisoning her so that at any moment Kaido can take over her territory by witholding the candy

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Doesn't that describe every series that isn't the Big 3?
Nah breh.

currently reading

Berserk
Naruto [for my weekly dose of pain]
Bleach
Vagabond
Hunter X Hunter [Hiatus]

demoted cause it's boring

one piece

on hold

Shingeki No Kyojin
TWGOK
Beelzebub

to put on this list in the future

7 seeds

survivor

Banned
TTGL was genre perfection. If you don't like the genre, well. I can see how you might not appreciate it.

I hate the mecha genre but still found Gurren Lagann decent. The over the top ridiculous nature of the show helps it a lot and makes it easier to stomach mecha fights.

I kinda enjoyed it, but I lost interest after episode 9 or 10. Can't remember it anymore, it's been a while since I watched it and I won't waste my time with it again.

It was okay up until
that one guy died
. The enemies were all pretty boring, I was skimming episodes by the end.

"Dead Inside" List

Yonafunu
Nub
Cosmicblizzard
Brotkasten
Curlyfriski

I think Yotsuba is the greatest though.

I hate the mecha genre but still found Gurren Lagann decent. The over the top ridiculous nature of the show helps it a lot and makes it easier to stomach mecha fights.

See, I was interested in the mecha genre and I really liked the first episodes. Then

It was okay up until
that one guy died
. The enemies were all pretty boring, I was skimming episodes by the end.

happened and the show went downhill with the story and the mecha.

Aunt Tits 71

I think we need another chapter focusing on the relationship between the sister and the breasts.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 57

Attaboy MC. You'd gotten it together so well by the end that I can overlook you accidentally purposefully calling Rena out for a 1-to-1 when you should be making up with your gf. I'm sure it's all part of your plan. I have faith in you.

survivor

Banned
See, I was interested in the mecha genre and I really liked the first episodes. Then

happened and the show went downhill with the story and the mecha.

Eh, that event sorta had to happen. The show did hit a low point after it, but it quickly got better when Simon grew up.

What was wrong with it?

The TTGL epilogue was just unsatisfying and left me feeling a bit empty, at least compared with the high energy epic awesome action and everything that happened before. When you have mech of galactic scales and characters throwing logic out and making the impossible possible using probability altering weapons, then well going and showing the character as a traveling bard, elderly yoko and everyone else doing whatever, then it feels way contrary to the whole point of the anime. I guess I wouldnt have done an epilogue for the anime or just left the ending at the final fight and thats it. Felt tacked on.

It's not the mecha genre which I think refers more to the real robo stuff like Gundam etc, it's super robo which is intentionally over the top and absurd. TTGL pulled it off like no other show ever has or likely will.

Also Kamina's death was the best part of the first half. It was a statement; this is not your average mindless super robo trash. This is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom