• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's pretty awesome.

Sengoku Youko 41

This shift to senya as the main protagonist.

Shinsuke turning into piece of shit drunkard who is somehow still awesome.

Senya's and tsukiko shipping.

Tama's new redesign.

Why is everything in this manga so good.

I've read the first volume of this and it's pretty great. A different type of shojo from the usual. My only gripe with it is in how Kanoko is changing school each chapter, otherwise it was a refreshing read.

Yes. Starting all over again after making some connections is a bummer. She still keeps in touch with the three from the original chapter, so there's that. Also, for someone whose mantra is "observe without getting involved," Kanoko sure meddles so much.

If that's your only gripe, definitely check out the sequel, Koi Dano Ai Dano. There Kanoko doesn't change schools anymore and it also adds school politics and scheming on top of the persona relationship troubles.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Akagami no Shirayukihime vol.1
I really like Shirayuki. I'll take it slow reading this. Still waiting for the other members of the royal family to appear.
You'll be waiting a while, unfortunately. Glad you like it so far.

Koi Dano Ai Dano vol. 1
I almost mistakenly read another comic with a similar title:

Oh my.

In any case. Kanoko's cynicism is hilarious and the whole "Three Kingdoms" affair is intriguing. Also, I realized midway that it's a sequel to another series called Warau Kanoko-sama, so...

Warau Kanoko-sama vol. 1
It's fortunate that I read the sequel first, else I'd write this off as the usual jerk-boyfriend type of a love story that I detest. Tsubaki's first impression is not good.
In other news:
RbCamS6.png

If only I knew that during my middle school.
Didn't know there was a BL manga with nearly the same title, lool. Yeah, part of the reason why I recommended the sequel first is because Tsubaki's such as ass at first. It's also more episodic, which I didn't like as much.

I've read the first volume of this and it's pretty great. A different type of shojo from the usual. My only gripe with it is in how Kanoko is changing school each chapter, otherwise it was a refreshing read.
Yeah, that really bugged me too. The only things I really liked out of the prequel were the chapters with the original 4. At least the sequel soled dthis problem though.

Sudden interest to read this rising
It's by the same author as Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle, I'm pretty sure, which is why it's always been something I wanted to read.

Antiwhippy

I know that, and I did love lucifer and the biscuit hammer.

But this is still ridiculously good.

Great action, just the right amount of humour to balance out the seriousness of the plot, really good characters as well as character developement.

It's just so good.

Soul Cartel 123 -129

Glad I put this off from reading weekly, the fights are much enjoyable just going back to back to the next event. Faust is way too epic and powerful for this series, even able to fend things off when not using God's Papyrus.

Talisman v cards isnt bad at all.

Tsugumomo 29.1

the true wealth of knowledge LOL

Tsugumomo 29.6

Just so straightforward and yes the smile was nice.

back to its scheduled program until the next volume

SappYoda

Koe no katachi (A silent voice) 43

I just can't...

After falling feels cool and warm. Probably got a spinal cord injury.

Kreed

Sengoku Youko

I know that, and I did love lucifer and the biscuit hammer.

But this is still ridiculously good.

Great action, just the right amount of humour to balance out the seriousness of the plot, really good characters as well as character developement.

It's just so good.

Waiting for new chapters sucks though so take your time.

Antiwhippy

Eh, can't be any worse than the dozens of other mangas I read that are in limbo. T_T

Sengoku Youko 56

That tsukiko redesign.

Fabulous.

Shouta

Nanatsu no Taizai 83

So that's what Merlin looks like. =o

lol pettanko but sexy. Still kind of odd seeing a female Merlin though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"I received flowers for Onodera's birthday"

Alright, miscreants, fess up.

Which one of you sent them?

Antiwhippy

Sengo Youko 60

Oh goddamnit.

IT ENDED WHEN IT WAS GETTING GOOD.

Hoping the scanlations don't take as long as people make it out to be. T_T

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
AnimeGAF hatewatches/SHAFTwatches Nisekoi, I don't think they actually enjoy it in its raw form.

Could be wrong though!

scy

What if they're flowers for a funeral.

He never specified what flowers they were.

Nanatsu no Taizai 83 - Merlin hype.

"Sin of Gluttony" -> practically naked petite woman.

Antiwhippy

Oh man, the people who wrote Shin Angyo Onsh also did defense devil?

Now that's something I haven't thought of in awhile.

Rhapsody

Banned
A friend of mine has already started Horimiya. Soon Akame ga Kill and eventually Koe no Katachi.

Wonder what to recommend him next.

Zweizer

Banned
Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun ch4

Disappointed the yuri rampage was so short. At least the drama got sorted out within this chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom