• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Mob Psycho 100 64.2

They've been building this "evil Mob" angle for a while now... don't do it Mob!
Though it would be interesting...

Marginal Operation 1

An exposition chapter
with a fantasy element lol
without the other chapters or any hook or any action is frustrating. I'll reserve my judgement until I read more of this.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's the last chapter, everyone dies but Ueno...
Bad Ending, nice boat. Game Over.
Try again and collect all the light spheres to get the Good Ending.
Insert a coin.
not-like-this.gif

Koe no Katachi 45
Fucking hell. That was brutal.

Fuck, that flashback, and Yuzuru's reason for taking the photos. WHEN IS THE HEALING

scy

Koe no Katachi 45 - I'm not entirely sure I see the same depressing "TOO SAD TO GO ON" that everyone else is. Seems like Shouko's moving on so all that's left is her own explanation (probably finally with her voice since broken arm and all) of things. Probably the last "sad" bit will be her own words.

And if she doesn't try using her own voice for it, I feel like a good opportunity was missed :(

kasane

Koe no Katachi 45 - I'm not entirely sure I see the same depressing "TOO SAD TO GO ON" that everyone else is. Seems like Shouko's moving on so all that's left is her own explanation (probably finally with her voice since broken arm and all) of things. Probably the last "sad" bit will be her own words.

And if she doesn't try using her own voice for it, I feel like a good opportunity was missed :(

you're the ultimate optimist with the glass half full

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm being pretty facetious with my "healing when"s and "this manga is suffering"s. It's depressing, yeah, but it's not unbearably so because there's always something that gives you hope at the end of it all (like Shouko's determination here). I just end up feeling bad for everyone involved, and am expecting some sort of closure for them all.

I totally see the speaking to him with her voice thing happening. It's the perfect opportunity for it... It's inevitable that she speaks to him anyway, given the title and the whole confession thing.

-------->

oh that's just in jest.

it's like a greeting. Instead of "Hi! How are you?" it's "Hi! Have you read KNIM?"

totally harmless really.

I admire your dedication to the cause ;_;7

I mainly wrote the actual informative parts. And (reluctantly) 1 or 2 of the descriptions.

Any images/grossly inappropriate DON'T BLAME ME

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 44

I want a Mr. Salmon toy

pls

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";120565837]Not interested. I appreciate the recommendation but it's not what I'm looking for.[/QUOTE]

Ok then. But a lot of recs I think of is unfinished. Lets see:

Shin Angyo Onshi
Takemitsu Zamurai

scy

you're the ultimate optimist with the glass half full

It's really more that nothing really depressing has happened. Almost everything thus far has had some kind of "but it'll be okay" spin to it almost immediately. The story has pretty much made sure at every point to not end on the biggest downer it possibly could for the events.

Charade

It's really more that nothing really depressing has happened. Almost everything thus far has had some kind of "but it'll be okay" spin to it almost immediately. The story has pretty much made sure at every point to not end on the biggest downer it possibly could for the events.

You're heartless scy!

But seriously, I'm kinda in the same boat. Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty confident the story is going to have a happy ending, bittersweet at most. Can't really put my finger on why though... Probably lingering feelings about how the oneshot ended or something.

Big One

Banned
Seven Deadly Sins Volume 1

So I finally bought this series, the first three volumes that is. So far I like it quite a lot. The art is genuinely really good with a very nice and whimsical style suited for a fantasy setting such as this one. With that being said it's very light on story so far but the sense of adventure in this manga reminds me of early Dragonball which is a good thing imo.

I thought it was going to be some BS when they introduced the animu chick but it turned out to be a rather charming series with a quirky main character. Very Dragonball-like.

Kimi no Knife 1-10

You would kill someone for 5,000,000 yen ?

One night, a part-time young teacher, in dire need of money, is asked that question by a woman at a bar. Jokingly and drunkenly so, he says we won't do it, but agrees to it if he has to kill criminals only.

A few days later the woman comes back to get him on his first assassination, a wealthy drug-smuggling corporate, with a team.
Unsurprisingly, the sensei freezes up at the last moment, and is basically a dead weight to the whole thing.

When he inspects the victim's cave, a young girl escapes but is quickly restrained. She's
the victim's daugther, and has been detained in the cave for most of her life. The thing is, she's also a psychic, who's able to see various things, including murders, by touching a person.

It's basically Dexter meets MPD Psycho, with a police officer working on homicide cases but also murdering, a teacher which serves as our relatable character and the genki girl who's a psychic and serves as a way to ensure the victims are always scum.
It's entertaining at least.

Why would anyone want to read something so suffering at the start of the weekend?

That's not how your supposed to start your mini vacation.

oh that's just in jest.

it's like a greeting. Instead of "Hi! How are you?" it's "Hi! Have you read KNIM?"

totally harmless really.

Just like how harmless it was during your read through with KNIM, hmm?

kasane

Kimi no Knife 1-10

You would kill someone for 5,000,000 yen ?

One night, a part-time young teacher, in dire need of money, is asked that question by a woman at a bar. Jokingly and drunkenly so, he says we won't do it, but agrees to it if he has to kill criminals only.

A few days later the woman comes back to get him on his first assassination, a wealthy drug-smuggling corporate, with a team.
Unsurprisingly, the sensei freezes up at the last moment, and is basically a dead weight to the whole thing.

When he inspects the victim's cave, a young girl escapes but is quickly restrained. She's
the victim's daugther, and has been detained in the cave for most of her life. The thing is, she's also a psychic, who's able to see various things, including murders, by touching a person.

It's basically Dexter meets MPD Psycho, with a police officer working on homicide cases but also murdering, a teacher which serves as our relatable character and the genki girl who's a psychic and serves as a way to ensure the victims are always scum.
It's entertaining at least.
i remember starting this back then but i weirdly dropped it

this types of premises could have interesting concepts to say the least

scy

You're heartless scy!

But seriously, I'm kinda in the same boat. Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty confident the story is going to have a happy ending, bittersweet at most. Can't really put my finger on why though... Probably lingering feelings about how the oneshot ended or something.

I actually think the bullying from the oneshot / first chapter is the saddest part of the manga so far still.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";120565837]Not interested. I appreciate the recommendation but it's not what I'm looking for.[/QUOTE]
Oh wait, you like GTO right? Apparently Duction Man has a similar protagonist, but it's not finished yet. I think there's a total of 32-35 chapters and only 21ish chapters have been translated.

kasane

Takkoku 25-28

im not sure if the author was trying to be serious with the drama or be hilarious, it was funny tho

and a new best girl appears

Soma

Tokyo Ghoul [caught up]

So in light of the anime not really jiving with me, I've been reading this for the past few days. I like the concept of some weird supernatural turf warfare and the art is really damn nice. It's grimdark as hell but also really interesting and the action scenes are great.

Kaneki definitely improves as a main character too. He still kinda wrestles with a lot of moral dilemma and internal conflict. It holds him back from using his strength to his full potential and gets people killed as a result of his indecisiveness at times. It kinda sucks but I gue-

yoooooo

Yooooooooooooooooooo

YOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN KANEKI HOLY SHIT

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Untouchable 1-6
It's about a vampire who eats by sharing human contact and her germaphobic prey. I liked the very first page and not much else. It's basically your average Korean webtoon, in that it has a sort of interesting hook, completely horrid pacing, no real sense of progression or build up, and juvenile storytelling in general.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";120541627]So far definitely counts as shonen bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I thought you might like the humour seeing that you liked GTO.

O-mairi Desu Yo 8a
BsUEjQZCcAAhjjk.png:large

Finally shes focusing on my otp in this story and it was worth the wait. Kenji is the one Id definitely be after and I can see how Yoshito san is just all obsessed and such. Im glad he was able to finally get his wish of getting him to come to his room for some tea. Kenji will probably never admit his feelings I think but at least he does all the actions and even knows what Yoshito wants. Maybe he wants it too but just cant express emotions in that manner. Best moment outside of all the Yoshito comedy moments.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku 13-14
I think I like the transfer student. She's cool for kicking MC for ignoring glasses girl (even if it's her fault for never telling him about her feelings). Anyway, that was a nice show alien chick and MC pulled off.

I just wish they developed the mystery faster. It's annoying as fuck to have all these questions and zero answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom