• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man does Black Bullet the manga version make things a lot more emotional compared to the anime. The manga is soo good and it's actually a lot more tense.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought it was better in the beginning when all the meta stuff had a little more punch, but it's still pretty good.

Quick, what's the name of Curry Empire Twin #2?!

Dorm: Soma, Tadokoro, Isshiki, Yoshino, Ryoko, Marui, Ibusaki, two unnamed guys
Childhood Friend: Kurase
Dad: Jouchirou
Other Students: Ikumi, Isami, Takumi, Alice,
Student Participants in Election: Sadatsuka, Houjou, Hisako. Can't remember the curry guy's name. Kurokiba.
Elite Ten: Erina, Can't remember the punk guy, I think it starts with an E
Teachers: Chappelle, Can't remember the curry girl, Doujima, Senzamon
Alumni: Hinako, Shinomiya, Can't remember the buttchin guy or the loli.

Don't remember those curry girls names at all. I don't even remember if they had names. Another person who's name I can't remember - evil chick from the Kaarage arc, nor I remember the hopeless dude from the Shopping District.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Okay, but 3+ years?

Well, ending the war arc basically ending the whole series, so....

Anyways,

The only names I can honestly remember from Soma is Soma, Erina, Tadakoro, and Alice, and that last one merely because some in MangaGAF has some sort of this strange infatuation with her for some reason
and they can't keep quiet about it :p

Mortemis

Banned
I'm reading that list and actually having a hard time matching names to faces.

And its funny how I only remember Hayama from the rest of the elections people and thats the one you don't remember Grimace.

Dresden

this Lasboss thing is weirdly enjoyable

s8uV7JW.png

garden'd

GulAtiCa

I like the direction where Naruto series is heading in. Kinda don't want it to end. Makes me a little sad to see both Naruto and Bleach are in it's final arc. I think Claymore is near it's end too. Not sure what I'll look forward to each week (and beginning of each month) when those are goon.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom already had several large scale wars

Meanwhile narutos is still on going

The only part that was really a "war" was the most pointless chapters. Like what actually happened that mattered, even if they didn't go through the trouble of sealing those zombies itachi would single-handedly save the day either way.

You can't really call it a war anymore. It stopped being a war when the whole army needed the nine tails chakra to just survive. They probably would be more productive if they just went home. Sheesh.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom already had several large scale wars

Meanwhile narutos is still on going

Man, don't start comparing KINGDOM to *any* manga out there, it really is unfair to the manga being compared to it.

I mean, it's impossible any manga can be as awesome as KINGDOM anyways.

Shengar

Man, don't start comparing KINGDOM to *any* manga out there, it really is unfair to the manga being compared to it.

That's a really bold statement there
Which reminds to try start reading Kingdom later after Prison School and Are You Alice this week

Mortemis

Banned
How long until Ying Zheng unites China anyway? That will surely the end for the manga right?

I remember someone saying the mangaka said it'll end with the unification of china, as they don't want to go into the nitty gritty of the emperor going batshit.

We're probably half way through.

I don't want to read Kingdom, too many chapters, I have enough long runners to follow

Pacing is really fast when you get to big battles and chapters aren't text heavy so you could clear through it in about a week. It took me about 3 days and banana about 1 iirc.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I got through volume 26 (ends with Chapter 246) of one piece today,, they've just entered the ball challenge...

I'm not sure I like this arc :/. Seems almost like filler TBQH

Shengar

I remember someone saying the mangaka said it'll end with the unification of china, as they don't want to go into the nitty gritty of the emperor going batshit.

The emperor going batshit insane and paranoid would make a great psychological horror manga though.

So I got through volume 26 (ends with Chapter 246) of one piece today,, they've just entered the ball challenge...

I'm not sure I like this arc :/. Seems almost like filler TBQH

You either like Skypeia or you don't, then you get into giant heated arguments about it

Pacing is really fast when you get to big battles and chapters aren't text heavy so you could clear through it in about a week. It took me about 3 days and banana about 1 iirc.

I might give it a shot when I'm done with Kurosawa.

Mortemis

Banned
The emperor going batshit insane and paranoid would make a great psychological horror manga though.

Oh I agree, but the way the mangaka paints the first emperor it wouldn't work out. He's more benevolent and confident instead of power hungry and crazy.

kasane

Everything was the emperors dream since he was a tyrant who killed indiscriminately in real life.

Lol. Im waiting for a manga to pull off that kind of ending

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I'll make you a deal. I'll marathon kingdom and you'll marathon 7 seeds. Then we'll slug it out to see which one is more awesome. :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'll make you a deal. I'll marathon kingdom and you'll marathon 7 seeds. Then we'll slug it out to see which one is more awesome. :p

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh.

Let me think about it. I mean, I am always open for exposing KINGDOM to more people but ummmmmmmmmrghhhhhh the artwork in 7 seeds is truly repulsive to my sensibilities.

UUUUUuummmmmh.

Kieli

This statement cannot be true as long as The Town Where you Rage exists. No manga has stirred such vivid and intense emotions in ManGaf as TTWyR.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh.

Let me think about it. I mean, I am always open for exposing KINGDOM to more people but ummmmmmmmmrghhhhhh the artwork in 7 seeds is truly repulsive to my sensibilities.

UUUUUuummmmmh.

Hey, I didn't even pull out my actual GOAT manga Glass mask. I'm being merciful here. :p

Mortemis

Banned
Is 7 seeds that one manga with the sparkly eyes, I've always meant to try it out.
This statement cannot be true as long as The Town Where you Rage exists. No manga has stirred such vivid and intense emotions in ManGaf as TTWyR.

Did costigan ever finish this. I don't remember his posts after he took a break.

Mortemis

Banned
Wait, Prison school isn't smut? For some reason I always thought it was smut since I see "dat ass" posts, but I guess its not since its on the nonsmut banner.

Shengar

Wait, Prison school isn't smut? For some reason I always thought it was smut since I see "dat ass" posts, but I guess its not since its on the nonsmut banner.

Chairman alone enough to make the manga not considered as a smut
chairman_01.png

Seriously though, why it isn't a smut?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I am still juggling between TTWyR and Prince of Tennis as the sole winner of "FUCK THE EXISTENCE OF THIS MANGA" award.

Hey, I didn't even pull out my actual GOAT manga Glass mask. I'm being merciful here. :p

Oh alriiiiiight, I'll read 7 seeds this weekend... I'll even post impressions..... most probably.............. most likely...............................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom