• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taiyou no Ie: 1-41

To whoever mentioned this manga a few pages ago:

I now have 40 minutes of sleep before I head to my classes with tears in my eyes because of you.

Thanks, jerk.
<3 Paul

Zweizer

Banned
From what I see the Gourmet restaurant is a secret society with wealthy members, that could easily conceal their movement. Also Tsukiyama (Gourmet) is from a wealthy family that seem to have authority. Considering his elegant high class personality outside his crazy moments.

I guess those with wealth and connections would be able to maintain such a restaurant. I'm surprised at the sheer numbers though. Wouldn't some of them be unmasked with all the detectors in important areas (which a part of them would go to if they're really influencial and/or wealthy people)?

Quixzlizx

Curious, but those of you that buy manga here in the US (physical), where do you buy them?

I haven't bought manga in so long, especially after Borders closed down since I was able to get stuff for cheap there.

TRSI also has constant sales on the various publishers.

The writer had a previous series in Jump that was cancelled after 10 weeks because it was terrible. His art is also terrible.

He and Tosh met and became friends at University, and after that decided to pair up for Shokugeki.
It wasn't that bad. Not Tokyo Wonder Boys or Chagecha bad.........

Shengar

Anomaly? Them's fighting words!

It's even absurd since it runs within her family!
img000003.png

LeleSocho

Banned
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 10

b596a2d53c.jpg

Okay.
The position, the words, the eyebrows, the expression, the comfy sweat shirt... i don't know who she is but i already like her.

Okusan 5
I bet her breast would.....shrunk to 80-90 cm if she really worked out
Fats is the only explanation for those......anomaly
As if a woman in those conditions needs to work out... some meat is love, some meat is life.

Mob Psycho 100 - 71
I always thought that Reigen was one of those "nothing bad ever happens to me", i find intriguing these last two chapters.

Shokugeki no Soma - 92 RAW
Those 3 finalists panels are soooo good. Look at Soma's dumb expression lol

zeromcd73

Here's Akito's current collection, which also contains covers of things such as Weekly Shonen Sunday, Jump SQ or Weekly Playboy Magazine:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/akito_h/collections/

Woah, thanks guys. The other guy has less stuff, but has some cool extras that aren't covers and some covers are higher quality.

But yeah, this guy has loads of stuff.

Edit: wtf@ 1960s Playboy covers

I suppose some stuff in the OP is a bit buried :(
I didn't see it :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I do wonder if certain issues of Jump are valuable. Like the first Dragon Ball or the first One Piece.
Kind of like how first appearances in comic books are valuable.

Akito

83quUjE.jpg

This year's 48th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that writer NisiOisin and artist Akira Akatsuki are working together again on a one-shot manga story. "Musume Iri-Bako" (Girl in a Box) will run in the 49th issue with a color opening page on November 1. The 28-page manga will revolve around a cardboard box on a certain rainy day.
Damn it Nisio
(too early?)

Zweizer

Banned
I do wonder if certain issues of Jump are valuable. Like the first Dragon Ball or the first One Piece.
Kind of like how first appearances in comic books are valuable.

Everything can valuable as long as there's someone willing to pay I guess.

Damn it Nisio
(too early?)

Minoriko X Cardboard Box parody?

Yeah, so nostalgic

You gotta hand it to them. That's pretty creative.

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch138

And now you're blaming Miki for your own inability to be a decent boyfriend? Twat.

Suzuka ch139

Focus on sports again I guess.

Suzuka ch140

Well that was a surprisingly cute chapter.

Suzuka ch141

Ahahaha what the fucking hell.

Suzuka ch142

Duh, you've got plot on your side.

Suzuka ch143

I'm surprised he didn't get beat up.

Suzuka ch144

How awkward~

Suzuka ch145

Imagine this guy posting a "My girlfriend invited me to watch an erotic movie in her room. What do?" thread on GAF.

Suzuka ch146

Delayed reaction from all the assaults he did? He's a selfish ass anyways.

Suzuka ch147

Well at least it didn't take him too long to figure out why he screwed up.

Suzuka ch148

Awkward yet appropriate.

Suzuka ch149

I hope this wraps up the kiddies' side.

Suzuka ch150

Pretty decent chapter. Couple doing couple stuff.

Nearing the end, and it's getting passable? I'm scared. Seo is going to troll us one last time beforehand, right?

VRMN

Handed the best chance of any girl in the series to date, Kosaki again fumbles on the goal line.

You know...as expected of her.

VRMN

Nisekoi

Man, I mean, look at this. What kind of goal line are we talking about here? In concrete terms.
Given this is Kosaki, the one girl in the series for whom her saying "I love you, Ichijou-kun" is an instant win card...a confession is the goal line for her.

It might be different for the other girls in the series, but for Kosaki, confessing is the goal line. Whether or not Raku, who took a year to connect those dots, is worthy of that confession is another matter entirely.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 144

He finally suspected and asked Onodera!
Only took them sleeping together and taking a naked bath together for him to stop and think about her clear admission of love one year ago.

Maybe when they accidently have sex he'll realize she likesy him last year.

The final page was really cute even if it was Kosaki.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 144

He finally suspected and asked Onodera!
Only took them sleeping together and taking a naked bath together for him to stop and think about her clear admission of love one year ago.

Maybe when they accidently have sex he'll realize she likesy him last year.

The final page was really cute even if it was Kosaki.

The stupid part is that the basicplot still prevents him from fucking Onodera outside of just having an affair and starting a gang war, but he's gonna try anyways.

VRMN

The stupid part is that the basicplot still prevents him from fucking Onodera outside of just having an affair and starting a gang war, but he's gonna try anyways.
Nah, the stupid part is that him outwardly dating Chitoge while really dating another girl in secret to avoid said gang war would be somewhat interesting as a plot, but the series is subject to the harem law that says he can't choose until the end of the series, which is of course why Kosaki can never confess until it's no longer an instant win for her.

Zweizer

Banned
Nobody seems to have read my Parataxis impressions... ( &#9573;&#65103;&#9573;)

Is there anything similar to Jigoku Shoujo / Requiem from the Darkness ( episodic stories ) in manga? I kinda wanna read that atm, I have read stuff like Skyhigh, Jiraishin. This ost from Hell Girl is ace though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-iSUXSCNc

You mean stuff like Nickelodeon? Have you read Ikigami and Shuukan Shonen Girl? Screaming Lessons is also episodic, although I haven't gotten very far into it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nah, the stupid part is that him outwardly dating Chitoge while really dating another girl in secret to avoid said gang war would be somewhat interesting as a plot, but the series is subject to the harem law that says he can't choose until the end of the series, which is of course why Kosaki can never confess until it's no longer an instant win for her.

It doesn't matter when Chitoge is gonna win anyways. This will be taken care of by Onodera leaving for whatever reason. The plot then ends when Chitoge is going back to America and Ichijou stops her at the airport.

kadotsu

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa - 85 raw

Spoiler 85 RAW
So the series will probably end soon, which is fine. I hope we'll get to see some of the extended Shiragami family or even better get some Kuromine family revelations.

So apparently there's an Akame ga Kill what-if spinoff/oneshot where Tatsumi ends up with Akame instead of Mine. Also, if Schere were still alive.

upandaway

Ojojojo ch8

Something about calling small breasts girls as "horizontally challenged" really caught me off guard. I coughed up in the middle of drinking tea, should've known better.

These 4koma titles will be the end of me.

dani_dc

We need Seo to get his hand on Nisekoi so we get Raku leaving Chitoge for Onodera and then Onodera cheating on Raku with Shuu.

Heh. That might be enough to make him realize it without the magic word. Then again, it is Raku.

It's Raku, at this point it would be out of character if he understood that much.

Ojojojo ch8

Something about calling small breasts girls as "horizontally challenged" really caught me off guard. I coughed up in the middle of drinking tea, should've known better.

These 4koma titles will be the end of me.

You're very easily amused today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom