• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm just answering the question. :p

Though I honestly can't think of too many seinens with female leads even. Only other seinen with a motherly female protagonist that I can think of is shima shima, though she's motherly in the "mother depressed from a divorce" sort of way.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Main protagonist dies in the real world and is asked to be sent to a magical world to defeat the Demon King.

Standard stuff.

He then says no and has to be bribed with a free power up before beginning his journey.

Unique powers, broken abilities, legendary weapons, you name it.

What does end up he choosing?

A waifu.

But not just any waifu.

A goddess waifu.

MC is my kind of guy.

Not mine

Antiwhippy

Huh, so soma is finally on international jump eh?

Not sure if I'm happy about paying for only soma.

Guess I can throw toriko in there too.

Ah what the heck, it's only a dollar an issue anyway.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Freedom wars taking my time to read manga...:<

anyway

Genshiken 105

Real smooth Madarame. Real smotth.

Spirit circle 29

We're close to the truth now. So many feel in this chapter. He killed million people, then boom. Black hole happening.

I watched Tom Cruise movie yesterday, so I was reading today All You Need is Kill manga , and see in what differs.

Character design is slightly different.
XENXBD4.png

Revo

Kubera s2ch109

Odamn Leez been training. But the way Asha is referring to her training makes it sound like next chapter is going to be terrible for my feels. And oh damn it's her coming to the human world.

Antiwhippy

I haven't read the manga and I've only read the plot of the movie, but I do think that novel's plot is better. More... nihilistic., which u think ties to the themes better. The translation script can come off a bit too edgey for its own good though.

zroid

Banned
Anyone familiar with "Seraph of the End"?

just read the first chapter, I thought it was pretty good. hope it stays good.

Mendrox

Best monthly manga in JUMP SQ. It gets even better every month. Cant wait for next weeks new chapter!

No. To Love-Ru Darkness

Edit: The new spoilers for that new chapter were very good. Lalas Mum looks good and Rito can only grab one boob with one whole arm.

Other than that... lolicon fanservice, fanservice, flat chest Nana.

Yay!

There are still more characters to come that are even dorkier than the ones in gekkan shoujo, if you can believe that.

I can and now I'm doing my best from not ordering any more volumes until I finish my backlog of recently received manga.

Shokugeki no Soma anime announcement promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9sGIfRCMs

Hopefully this isn't the most animation we'll see.

Today I learned that there is a Korean drama adaptation of the Japanese drama adaptation of Liar Game.

Oh yeah, my cousin and brother was talking about that. They be adapting everything.

Akai mi Hajiketa 5

my favourite chapter. Pudding!

-------------------------------------------------

re: Suzuka stuff. I'll be contacting folks on Thursday and making a wrap-up post, so get your ideas for the banner sorted. Also that's the day you'll have to start wearing your avatars, those of you who didn't finish the book club. The 4 I know 100% so far are: Angry Grimace, thesaucetastic, Zephyx and Kayos90

I meant to do it earlier but this college assignment I'm doing is kicking my ass. 2,000 - 2,500 word review/critique of Nemesis by Chalmers Johnson. zzzzzzzz.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Akai mi Hajiketa 5

my favourite chapter. Pudding!

-------------------------------------------------

re: Suzuka stuff. I'll be contacting folks on Thursday and making a wrap-up post, so get your ideas for the banner sorted. Also that's the day you'll have to start wearing your avatars, those of you who didn't finish the book club. The 4 I know 100% so far are: Angry Grimace, thesaucetastic, Zephyx and Kayos90

I meant to do it earlier but this college assignment I'm doing is kicking my ass. 2,000 - 2,500 word review/critique of Nemesis by Chalmers Johnson. zzzzzzzz.

Man... I can't believe this is happening... *sigh*.... Costi why you do this to one of your closest gaf friends bro? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!!!!

I like Liar Game and all but this seems ... I dunno.

those silly koreans

You traitor.

Anyone familiar with "Seraph of the End"?

just read the first chapter, I thought it was pretty good. hope it stays good.

I'm enjoying it. Although this author really is stuck on the "two leads on different sides of a war, with huge amount of subtext between them".

W- wait a second, can you please elaborate on this point, I'm not sure I...

Remember the chapter with the Ping Pong match and that phrase being brought up?

A lot of people took it and ran away with it.

So now whenever a situation happens when the manga has a badass, lewd, or any other moment not/barely related to cooking (Ex. Soma's fist foodgasm), it's not unusual to see a comment or two using that exact phrase.

Brynhildr 122

Is this really what happens with a non-MC, non-evil male character and a harem member tries to leave the harem? I hope something good happens.

upandaway

Akai Mi Hajiketa 5

Yeah that's my favorite chapter too.

Keijo 6

Heh heh heh heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

Remember the chapter with the Ping Pong match and that phrase being brought up?

A lot of people took it and ran away with it.

So now whenever a situation happens when the manga has a badass, lewd, or any other moment not/barely related to cooking (Ex. Soma's fist foodgasm), it's not unusual to see a comment or two using that exact phrase.
Oh. Oh! Okay. I read that sentence wrong then, had no clue about that silliness.

Tsugihagi na Kanojo 1
MC: 5 days to live, unless he gets a matching organ donation from someone who's recently died. Odds of this are basically nil.
Heroine: 1 month to live, pretty much fucked regardless. Also a registered organ donor and a match for the MC.

The plot is about whether the MC will kill the heroine to get her organs.

Why are the best goddamn stories only 3 chapters long?

Akito

Tsugihagi na Kanojo 1

MC: 5 days to live, unless he gets a matching organ donation from someone who's recently died. Odds of this are basically nil.
Heroine: 1 month to live, pretty much fucked regardless. Also a registered organ donor and a match for the MC.

The plot is about whether the MC will kill the heroine to get her organs.

Why are the best goddamn stories only 3 chapters long?
A blatant ripoff of Half & Half
lol

Same goes for HanaKimi, Nodame Cantabile, Hana Yori Dango...
Not to mention the Taiwanese versions.

EDIT: HYD even got an US remake, I entirely forgot about that.

upandaway

Otoyomegatari 24

Last year, for a holiday, completely on a whim, my cousin bought a sheep and butchered it himself. It tasted okay. He didn't really say how the butchering went, now that I think about it.

Crazy that this is supposed to last for a week before the celebrations even start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom