• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Viz has to add Assassination Classroom now.
Please.

That's pretty doubtful.
While I (and many others) saw their excuse to not add Soma as prudish and idiotic (too racy wah), I can see why they won't add AssClass.
School shootings are a very hot-button issue here in the States, so featuring a series where the goal is murder the teacher can touch the wrong buttons.
Doesn't matter that the teacher is an octopus creature that can move at Mach 20, and the bullets can only hurt him and no one else, it's not an issue that their legal team would want to tackle.

PositioN
A collection of weird random occurrences in an otherwise ordinary life. Some stories I was interested in more than others, chapter 2's in particular with the town being devoid of activity then becoming bustling again. Not much else I can really say, though. Didn't amaze me but it wasn't terrible.

dani_dc

B1iVa0JCMAMFAY-.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/529337244768022528
Thats the most Titans I've seen in the last four months.

Nobelsse 344

No Kids after all? imokaywiththis.jpg

Also more setup for the impeding showdown and it really looks like those 2 new enemies will be setup to fight Tao and Gang after their upgrades. Especially since they are being annoying dipshits to the point that Lunark and her friend are more reasonable enemies and also killing humans for the lulz (union or otherwise).

Although the second point can provoke Rai/Franky i feel his/Franky's abilities would be fucking wasted on those 2 no matter how much they are being hyped for being the hit squad to capture/take out Muzaka.

Akito

RpfvjUK.jpg

Welcome to our second reading club right now, where we're attempting to read Touch, a beloved classic by Adachi Mitsuru. The pace is gonna be 5 volumes a week (and 6 in the final week since there are 26 volumes in total). It's just a general guideline, you don't have to follow it if you can't. Just catch up later in case it's you can't find the time or read ahead if you can't stop, just be considerate with your impressions in that case. Speaking of which, you can comment by chapters, volumes or however you like, there are no punishments nor rewards involved. Everyone is free and welcome to join us, the more the merrier.

dani_dc

RpfvjUK.jpg

Welcome to our second reading club right now, where we're attempting to read Touch, a beloved classic by Adachi Mitsuru. The pace is gonna be 5 volumes a week (and 6 in the final week since there are 26 volumes in total). It's just a general guideline, you don't have to follow it if you can't. Just catch up later in case it's you can't find the time or read ahead if you can't stop, just be considerate with your impressions in that case. Speaking of which, you can comment by chapters, volumes or however you like, there are no punishments nor rewards involved. Everyone is free and welcome to join us, the more the merrier.
I'm in, hopefully I'll manage to keep pace.

Are we starting today?

RpfvjUK.jpg

cool, I'm in. I've been reading Cross Game and have learned to love Adachi's style

Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 1
Objective: Get his attention. Plan A - Failure. Plan B - HUGE SUCCESS

Romance series revolving around the childhood trauma between the MC and a walking agricultural genocide, aka best girl. Not sure how many players'll be in this contest, but if it develops into a showdown between Death, the destroyer of fields, and vanilla ice-cream then it'll be the most one-sided battle since the last time I pursued Lu Bu.

Averon

Hajime no Ippo

Aww, crap... :(

Ippo's entire career has him talking heavy punch after heavy punch from champion tier challengers. It is long pass due that strategy is beginning to have long term consequences. Hopefully this begins a fundamental shift in how he fight, and, you know, actually start dodging punches.

Soma

RpfvjUK.jpg

Damn I should really get in on this.

The series has been on my backlog for a while and weirdly enough I still haven't read anything by Adachi Mitsuru despite knowing that his work is right up my alley.

I might not be able to keep up with the rest of the group but I'll be starting it regardless.

I watched the Attack on Titan anime and I'm interested in reading the manga, which volume should I start with? I don't want to start from the beginning because of financial reasons.

Rhapsody

Banned
RpfvjUK.jpg

Nice choice this time. I've already read it and I don't have time to do another reread.

Everyone that hasn't read it yet, have fun. My first Adachi Mitsuru manga.

dani_dc

I watched the Attack on Titan anime and I'm interested in reading the manga, which volume should I start with? I don't want to start from the beginning because of financial reasons.

Vol. 8 covers the last few episodes of the anime, but the last chapter of that volume(Ch. 34) has a lot of stuff that got cut out of the anime.

Vol 9. is all new.

Crunchyroll has all chapters (and there's a 14-day free trial) and there's a "manga only membership" as well if money is a concern.

Zweizer

Banned
Thats the most Titans I've seen in the last four months.

Hahahaha ice burn.

RpfvjUK.jpg

With the NaNoWriMo on right now I'm afraid I can't join this time.

Revo

RpfvjUK.jpg

am joining, will fully attempt to keep up with 5 vol/week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom