• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Ippo 1076

I hope this is some actual permanent damage, putting Ippo on a "time limit" to challenge the world.
That's what you get for trying to base your career around getting punched in the face.

I'd be fine with Ippo being forced to retire without winning anything, but that's not going to happen.

Kurita

I'm sure they found a way to shoehorn romance
And huh reading the synopsis it's apparently a game show in the Korean version...

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru ch121

Well, uh, I wasn't expecting this change of direction.

I wanted to see more Tachi... (;へ; )

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel bad for Odagiri in Yamada and the Seven Witches. Remember when she had a character outside of just being super hardcore in love with Yamada? I think that was like 100 chapters ago. I was catching up on the last few chapters and its really apparent how much Yoshikawa basically rewrote Odagiri so her entire character is just that.

kasane

I feel bad for Odagiri in Yamada and the Seven Witches. Remember when she had a character outside of just being super hardcore in love with Yamada? I think that was like 100 chapters ago. I was catching up on the last few chapters and its really apparent how much Yoshikawa basically rewrote Odagiri so her entire character is just that.

Thank god i put it on hold

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Thank god i put it on hold

Its kind of awkward how many characters are still technically there, but never do anything. Odagiri is a lot more important than she was before, but her character got changed a lot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibvt0NXVSf8nvt.png
golfham

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's pure evil.

Or maybe all the spice he uses clinging to his uniform.

I'd like to see witch girl vs Hayama.

Angry Grimace

Koe no Katachi

Ishida is going to need it fucken spelled out for him that his future dream is having babies with Nishimiya.

Angry Grimace

Yamada

She may have gotten Flanderized, but Odagiri still top tier. Also, lol @ that punt off of the kiss.

Koe no Katachi

Wow, this ending is going to be incredibly unsatisying.

Yamada

So I guess this is setting up Shiraishi breaking up with him or something?

wait am I hearing this right

never read Yamada since the ending of the first Wtiches arc before this unneeded school year but the Protag is ditching the main girl?!?!

WTF

Angry Grimace

Koe no Katachi

Wow, this ending is going to be incredibly unsatisying.

Yamada

So I guess this is setting up Shiraishi breaking up with him or something?

Its probably not. Yoshikawa is just throwing hardcore ship-tease with Odagiri out there for no real reason so he can have a love triangle he's too dumb to figure out in the first place.

wait am I hearing this right

never read Yamada since the ending of the first Wtiches arc but the Protag is ditching the main girl?!?!

WTF

...no. They stopped seeing each other because she is currently under a witch power, but they aren't broken up or anything close to it.

Koe no Katachi

Ishida is going to need it fucken spelled out for him that his future dream is having babies with Nishimiya.

everyone's all like "yo, dude, go with her. We all fucking know you like her. Come on."

and he's all like "I dunno what to do"

dude

babies with Nishimiya

that's all you need to do

javac

I've never ever read a Manga before but I've decided that I'm going to read one called Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It looks interesting so I'm excited to read it some time soon. It's pretty long, I wonder how you all deal with long Manga like this? Is it a good idea to marathon through it and set time aside for it or do you find it better to flick through when you have a few mins here and there? Do you often find yourself working towards the end of a chapter or such before putting it down or do you just bookmark wherever?

Strange questions so I apologize in advance. I guess it varies and you have to just find your own reading style. I guess I just worry about trying to finding the 'proper way' to do things. Just thought I'd get a feel for what everyone thinks. Haven't read anything properly in...like 5-6 years? So it feels a bit exciting to get into this :D

...no. They stopped seeing each other because she is currently under a witch power, but they aren't broken up or anything close to it.

Ah okay..... So my fake ending is still accurate then

I told myself that the series ended awhile ago.... like how some people consider Bleach ending with Aizen

Its probably not. Yoshikawa is just throwing hardcore ship-tease with Odagiri out there for no real reason so he can have a love triangle he's too dumb to figure out in the first place.

I just don't get it. Does Odagiri still have a chance? Will Shiraishi ever have to do anything? Not that the plot makes much sense after the initial arc, lol.

UQ Holder

Wizard bullies are hardcore.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 60

Mashiba is the best. Yo that line about once they graduate HS they become nothing, that's some real talk right there. Yuzu is adorable as well.

Best-case scenario ending: Ishida confesses, healing, they go to Tokyo together, Ishida gets a job teaching sign language

Worst-case scenario ending: The above doesn't happen.

Rhapsody

Banned
Koe no Katachi 60

Ishida still doesn't know that he's fallen for her. :/

Edit: Interesting how my view of Mashiba has changed. Always saw him as a jerk, especially since his design made him look that way along with how he spoke. He's not that bad of a character (but far from my favorite). Him and Kawai though... ugh.

Akito

I've never ever read a Manga before but I've decided that I'm going to read one called Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It looks interesting so I'm excited to read it some time soon. It's pretty long, I wonder how you all deal with long Manga like this? Is it a good idea to marathon through it and set time aside for it or do you find it better to flick through when you have a few mins here and there? Do you often find yourself working towards the end of a chapter or such before putting it down or do you just bookmark wherever?

Strange questions so I apologize in advance. I guess it varies and you have to just find your own reading style. I guess I just worry about trying to finding the 'proper way' to do things. Just thought I'd get a feel for what everyone thinks. Haven't read anything properly in...like 5-6 years? So it feels a bit exciting to get into this :D
That's a damn nice pick for a first read. And yeah, just go with it and see what reading style suits you. It also depends heavily on the manga itself I think. I'd like to plow through a thriller or action manga while comedy or slice of life I can take my time with.

javac

That's a damn nice pick for a first read. And yeah, just go with it and see what reading style suits you. It also depends heavily on the manga itself I think. I'd like to plow through a thriller or action manga while comedy or slice of life I can take my time with.

Hah thanks :) I guess I just over think things since it's been a while since I read a book or anything. I'm just so used to this instant gratification of slapping on a Blu-ray and have it play. It's why I'm excited to jump in and relax and enjoy the ride. I own the whole Nausicaa Manga too, I heard it's good and I love Ghibli so I'll give that shot next. Also thinking of reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Hoshi no Samidare) soon after. Like with anime I tend to watch one at a time before moving on so I think I'll do the same with these.

I didn't know if I should come in here since it feels like I'm barging into a library lol so I'll let you all continue reading :)

Thanks for the help!

Rhapsody

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 471

Not one of the better chapters. The beginning reminded me how much I like Hayate and Maria's interactions with each other when they're acting as "themselves". I want to see more of it, but Hata's just going to keep Maria to the side until the plot becomes relevant :/

Hopefully this arc doesn't drag out.

Akito

Hah thanks :) I guess I just over think things since it's been a while since I read a book or anything. I'm just so used to this instant gratification of slapping on a Blu-ray and have it play. It's why I'm excited to jump in and relax and enjoy the ride. I own the whole Nausicaa Manga too, I heard it's good and I love Ghibli so I'll give that shot next. Also thinking of reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Hoshi no Samidare) soon after. Like with anime I tend to watch one at a time before moving on so I think I'll do the same with these.

I didn't know if I should come in here since it feels like I'm barging into a library lol so I'll let you all continue reading :)

Thanks for the help!
Make sure to come back and let us know what you think about them once you've read them, they're all really good. Though truth be told I have yet to read Nausicaä myself so maybe we can read that together sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom