• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Make sure to come back and let us know what you think about them once you've read them, they're all really good. Though truth be told I have yet to read Nausicaä myself so maybe we can read that together sometime.

That would be awesome :)

Thanks for the help, I'll be honest I won't post too much in here but I'll make sure to come back and jot down my feelings on what I've read so far as I go through it every now and again. I look forward to starting it soon :)

Jigoku Koi Sutefu 0.3

Shock of failing a confession caused her to pass on.

Jigoku Koi Sutefu 6.5

Being loved by everyone is the most strongest of powers.

Usobuko

Banned
I've never ever read a Manga before but I've decided that I'm going to read one called Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It looks interesting so I'm excited to read it some time soon. It's pretty long, I wonder how you all deal with long Manga like this? Is it a good idea to marathon through it and set time aside for it or do you find it better to flick through when you have a few mins here and there? Do you often find yourself working towards the end of a chapter or such before putting it down or do you just bookmark wherever?

Strange questions so I apologize in advance. I guess it varies and you have to just find your own reading style. I guess I just worry about trying to finding the 'proper way' to do things. Just thought I'd get a feel for what everyone thinks. Haven't read anything properly in...like 5-6 years? So it feels a bit exciting to get into this :D

Not advisable to marathon this manga, it kinda goes against the theme too. It's like Mushishi, go at your own comfortable pace.

javac

Not advisable to marathon this manga, it kinda goes against the theme too. It's like Mushishi, go at your own comfortable pace.

Oh? That's interesting. That makes things a bit more complicated :p Wonder how to go about it now. Maybe I'll read something else first.

I guess it's over guys. All those years of debate, arguing, name calling, and rage comments over shipping has finally sailed in Naruto. Hinata has fuckin won and I knew this from the very beginning. Thank you Kishi, if there was one thing you've done right it's this.

dani_dc

Koe no Katachi 60

Makes sense that he wouldn't have plans to the future when not so long ago he was planning to kill himself. Didn't think the other dude would actually like Kawai.

I guess it's over guys. All those years of debate, arguing, name calling, and rage comments over shipping has finally sailed in Naruto. Hinata has fuckin won and I knew this from the very beginning. Thank you Kishi, if there was one thing you've done right it's this.

How did you know it from the beginning? Story always seemed to push more towards Sakura, especially since Kishi likes parallels.

Thank God she's going to die alone.

Nana to Kaoru 121

aea598ed26.jpg

Almost turned into a full H manga there for a second.
This new arc could be interesting.

My Hero Academia 6

Navel laser, huh?
I thought it was a dick laser for a second.

Koe no Katachi 60

Makes sense that he wouldn't have plans to the future when not so long ago he was planning to kill himself. Didn't think the other dude would actually like Kawai.

How did you know it from the beginning? Story always seemed to push more towards Sakura, especially since Kishi likes parallels.

Thank God she's going to die alone.

Because Sakura was all over Sasuke's dick ever since the beginning. Like Naruto had done so much shit for Sakura, but noooooo she still went after Sasuke's dick even considering the fact he was a total jerk to her. Also see during the Chunin Exam the ship for Naruto/Hinata was beginning to open considering she wanted to work as hard as Naruto. And then you know how the Pain Arc reaffirmed the ship. Then again it probably had to do with my gut feeling.

But really we all knew that Sakura wouldn't give up on Sasuke.

Kieli

Soma 93

Soma with dat swag. Goddamn. Curry-dude also about to enter beast-mode.

Lol at Tsukuda's comment. It's alright, you keep doing what you're doing. We Westerners appreciate it. :D

Revo

Lucifer no Migite 5

Woo saving them. Probably. Hopefully. It's always a battle between life and death!

Haikyuu 131

Still not feeling new guy, even if his entrance was noteworthy. Expect first set to go to Karasuno off this guy's disarray.

A Silent Voice 60

Wait, next week is the last chapter? Wow. It seems like there can be so much more told. It was a good solid chapter but I'm disappointed to hear it's ending. Ishida never encountered the two bullies that used to be his friends really and he never really settled things with Ueno or properly date Nishimiya. The best thing about this manga was Ishida trying to redeem himself with Nishimiya and I suppose after the accident that was settled. Really sad to hear this is ending.

W X Y 1-14

This is wonderful. It's funny and the characters are likable. Give it a read.

Fuuka 38

This crap about Yuu being a talented singer as well doesn't sit well with how his character has been presented and introduced. The good parts of the manga will be how he can't get over Fuuka while dating a new girl but I wonder how many chapters it will take to get there. So far Fuuka is definitely not as good as early Kimi Machi and Suzuka.

Okusan

dat misunderstanding.

also Okusan's boobs strikes again lol

Nana to Koaru

Wait...

For a moment there i thought i was reading another manga LOL.

Now to see how this story goes since its time to spread to joy of SM everywhere..

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! 01

A shut-in dies and gets a chance to be reborn into another world to help solve its demon king problem. He's allowed to bring along one thing so he chooses the goddess that's telling him all this.

It's pretty hilarious. Seems very light novel though with him gaining a harem but it definitely feels like a jrpg with classes, exp, giant toads eating goddess, chunn lolis, etc. I'm interested in this.

dani_dc

Fuuka 38

This crap about Yuu being a talented singer as well doesn't sit well with how his character has been presented and introduced. The good parts of the manga will be how he can't get over Fuuka while dating a new girl but I wonder how many chapters it will take to get there. So far Fuuka is definitely not as good as early Kimi Machi and Suzuka.

Come on, early Suzuka was nowhere near as good as Fuuka, we actually have likeable characters acting like relatable human beings here.

Revo

Yamada and the Seven Witches 133

'If she ever rejects you, you can come to me.'

don't be saying things like that odagiri, you gotta fight harder!

dani_dc

Okusan 17

Looks like Wakaba isn't the only sister with a crush on "boobies"...

That chibi Okusan with giant breast was creepy as heck, chibi and huge breasts just don't go well together.

Come on, early Suzuka was nowhere near as good as Fuuka, we actually have likeable characters acting like relatable human beings here.

No way. Early Suzuka was interesting the moment he got dumped in chapter 6 -- which at the time was actually pretty unique for a romantic comedy. The first 5 chapters were pretty boring. Once he got dumped and actually cried about it you kind of wonder how their relationship will be and develop. Then he actually starts to date an entirely different girl instead of Suzuka. At the time, it was actually quite uncommon in terms of story, I believe.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

A shut-in dies and gets a chance to be reborn into another world to help solve its demon king problem. He's allowed to bring along one thing so he chooses the goddess that's telling him all this.

It's pretty hilarious. Seems very light novel though with him gaining a harem but it definitely feels like a jrpg with classes, exp, giant toads eating goddess, chunn lolis, etc. I'm interested in this.

So Ah! My Goddess except being cute its harem shit

Rhapsody

Banned

I like the light novel art. I dunno how to feel that the MC died in a Yu Yu Hakusho way and then turned it into an even further joke though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 93

I'm almost thinking about taking another hiatus from reading Soma. Maybe let a few chapters build up a bit. I was able to breeze through two matches because of that. The only thing stopping me is that Naruto is ending this week, leaving a little empty slot of manga as it already is. Maybe I'll catch up on something else.

Arclaid

Hirunaka no Ryuusei 78 raw (end)

*Paging kasane*

Prison School 1-130
CKoV8aa.png

Possibly the most incredible thing I've read in ages. And now I know where wonzo's old avatar came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom