• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys feel about the chance of D Gray Man continuing with the Author hinting at it through her Instagram.

Maybe it will officially be announced at Jump Fiesta or something.

I need a comedy/romance manga that's chock full of misunderstandings.

Bonus points if it features one or more of the following. Yandere, Sibling complex, wingman who's far more interesting than the MC, Supreme blush.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, Curry Guy sure is boring, although its the author's fault for making Kurokiba and him basically the same dude outside of their specialty. I mean, I guess everyone at Tootsuki is sort of arrogant, but they're pretty stock arrogant guys.

upandaway

Man, Curry Guy sure is boring, although its the author's fault for making Kurokiba and him basically the same dude outside of their specialty. I mean, I guess everyone at Tootsuki is sort of arrogant, but they're pretty stock arrogant guys.
I thought the Jun angle is pretty endearing and cool.

FluxWaveZ

Underdog

Um, so manga's not usually my thing, but I just came in here to say I recently came across and finished reading one by the name of Underdog, and I'm real bummed that it seems it ended prematurely due to its lack of popularity. I'd recommend checking it out, if you're a fan of psychological thrillers and the "deadly game"/survival concept...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Bonus points if it features one or more of the following. Yandere, Sibling complex, wingman who's far more interesting than the MC, Supreme blush.

Wow, this is pretty specific. Nisekoi might be one but you've probably read it. I really liked Hajimete no Aku so you can give that one a try.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know, Soma is going to take like 1000 chapters to finish at this rate. Eizan is nominally the main enemy right now and he has had less lines in the last 50 chapters since his introduction than the one random judge that looks like Yoda.

Super Danganronpa 2 - Komaeda Nagito no Kouun to Kibou to Zetsubou 01-02

TktfOHXl.png

Spin-off series where the main character is Nagito and all his eccentricities.

The art is pretty bad (spines and boobs how do they work) but I guess it would be interesting to have focus on Nagito since he's such an interesting character or so they all claim.

Shuumatsu no Laughter:
What a great story. How it was executed in only five chapters has blown me away.
The art was superb, with the characters and the settings having a touch of Attack on Titan mixed in with the artist's style from his previous series. It looked great and had one hell of a story, too.
I would have loved to see this turn into a monthly series. It was too damn good.
At Least, Like That Snow...
Oh, my...
That was... something. Wow. That's one hell of a heavy topic to tackle in such a small amount of pages.
And it did it perfectly. Seriously. What a fantastic little story that was. The art was phenomenal, matching the atmosphere at every turn.
Wow. Great stuff.

Soma 94

Dem faces this chapter. Ryou looks chill as hell. Or dead inside, whichever.
And Hayama picked the fish from smell in the fish market? That's talent.
It almost seems like Soma is being set up to lose here.
Almost.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soshite, hare ni Naru

There's something honestly refreshing reading a manga that is mostly about women that are above 30. The manga even starts with the main character being over 50.

Loved it too. Exploring the lives of a single mom in her 50s, her two daughters and her sister, we see how life goes on as they experience love, regret, and... well, mostly love and regret, but also how one can overcome regret, or even live with it and accept it as part of life.

Seems like it's ending soon. Just a really nice little short story about how these women lived their ordinary lives.

Bitter Change 16-17

Yui get a bit closer after she finds out about him improving her family situation. And another few years pass and now they're in high school. More trouble incoming.

Rhapsody

Banned
New Game 1-2

Not bad, but nothing amazing yet. Best part of this manga is obviously the coloring and art. It's a 4 koma manga, but it's not the type that's laugh out loud funny for each strip. It's mostly just introducing the characters right now, so I'll see how it turns out when more chapters are out.

Usobuko

Banned
Underdog

Um, so manga's not usually my thing, but I just came in here to say I recently came across and finished reading one by the name of Underdog, and I'm real bummed that it seems it ended prematurely due to its lack of popularity. I'd recommend checking it out, if you're a fan of psychological thrillers and the "deadly game"/survival concept...

You are able to finish this? Isn't this still incomplete for the English speaking audience?

Btw, check out Alice in Borderland. Probably the best in terms of game designs and story development within the game. I think that has more to do with the genre not having a stellar representative though.

Soshite, hare ni Naru

There's something honestly refreshing reading a manga that is mostly about women that are above 30. The manga even starts with the main character being over 50.

Loved it too. Exploring the lives of a single mom in her 50s, her two daughters and her sister, we see how life goes on as they experience love, regret, and... well, mostly love and regret, but also how one can overcome regret, or even live with it and accept it as part of life.

Seems like it's ending soon. Just a really nice little short story about how these women lived their ordinary lives.

The synopsis is quite tempting.

Life does not always go as planned. Noriko fell in love, got engaged, and imagined a bright future. Instead, her fiance fell in love with her older sister, Eiko. Noriko refused to let go, and they ended up getting married despite this significant problem. Some years of marriage and two children later, Noriko became a single mother. She returned to her family home, with her daughters Eri and Madoka. Her life continued, alongside Eiko (who ended up never marrying or leaving home), and their now elderly mother. Years later, Eri and Madoka are entering the time of life where they have their own problems with love. This manga follows the lives of this house of women.

I'll read it when it's finished.

Zweizer

Banned

Renai Boukun, Dekoboko Girlish, Countrouble and Haru to Natsu?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll read it when it's finished.

Bakaupdates says that it's still ongoing so I don't know if it's actually going to be finished soon, just felt like it is, so don't take my word for it. If it does though I might just put it on the short reads list anyway.

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru

Cute little story about a a boy and a girl forming a relationship based around writing, though as always these kinds of awkward stories about awkward people always makes me go "Urgh, oogh, arrrgh" with much biting of lips and gnashing of teeth.

Also very relevant to the club!

lcX4aO0.png

Zweizer

Banned
Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane ch32

Lesbian dog?

Kyou no Yuiko-san ch20

Why do girls have to wear a sweater during summer anyways?

Shengar

See, you think that, but then you try and write a short story and before you know it you're up to your arms in epic fantasy. Again. Goddamnit

This what happened when you try to write a short story fantasy within your own universe, smh
I'm in the same boat, but 2 years of consecutive writing short story fantasy seems remedied it

Sukima-Shiki 1-6 (END)

Collection of sweet short stories that made me so apathetic I just wanted to claw my own eyes out to try and fix myself. My attention span didn't even last through to the songs at the end of each chapter.

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru 1-10 (END)

Probably expected too much from this given the literary theme and my Bungaku Shoujo affinity. It turned out to be a fairly uninspiring, if still generally enjoyable romance story with an appropriately frustrating cast. Can't say I'm interested enough to follow the remaining LN volumes though.

Revo

Kubera s2ch110

Jesus Leez, to
keep jumping off a cliff, killing yourself each time to try and learn a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom