• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Touch v6
4xuHiCE.jpg
Time to step up your game Tatsuya.

2 weeks ago, I got to see Miia's MILF in all her slutty glory.

Last week, I got to see Hinata obtaining the title of best MILF in one single panel.

This week, I finally get to see Lala's MILF with these eyes of mine after all these years.

What a glorious time it is to be alive.

dumbyugi

To Love Ru Darkness 49

So Lala's Mum is pretty much Sephiria from Black Cat. She looks almost identical and her name is even the same but spelt Sephyria instead.

Scum

2 weeks ago, I got to see Miia's MILF in all her slutty glory.

Last week, I got to see Hinata obtaining the title of best MILF in one single panel.

This week, I finally get to see Lala's MILF with these eyes of mine after all these years.

What a glorious time it is to be alive.

Save can die happy.
5YRcF.gif

Shishunki Bitter Change 16-17

I really like the changes in the main character's lives from the beginning to now. It's really nice this body change had such an effect on their lives besides the usual I'm a boy/girl now!

Also, forbidden love you say?

Koe no Katachi 61

Ueno taking that loss like a champion ;_;. Bracing for ambiguous confession end.

Also wanted to say that while these ending chapters aren't bad, I haven't really been a big fan since Ishida fell. The earlier stuff was another level but this feels plain in comparison. Like a whole pile of crazy shit is getting wrapped up a little too easily.

Yamada 134

Ushio is the evil mastermind = more Odagiri focus = interesting things happening (maybe).

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru 30

Started reading today
OMFG Hayama failing his promotion exam by kicking shit at the instructor had me laughing for 5mins..

dani_dc

Fuuka 39

Yuu still depressed as one would expect, I had forgotten about the teacher.

It was nice to see You getting some of Fuuka stuff indirectly from her parents.

The dried blood all over Fuuka bag was a neat morbid detail.

Nanatsu no Taizai 103

So the last guy apparently looks like his wanted poster. I wonder how he is going to connect with this Ban story, unless of course they do two separate stories in one arc

The New Gate 01

Probably not Kirito manages to defeat the final boss in another trapped in a MMO and killed in real life if you die thing. But instead of being able to log out he transferred into another world and what looks like a new MMO.

So nothing much happened in this first chapter besides beating up the final boss, but I guess it's another one of these new game+ series that seems to be all the rage, so why not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Oh hey, its Niko. Maybe real Tama will come back now.

dani_dc

Koe No Katashi 61

Well this is building up to be a disappointing ending.
Ueno suddenly becomes a decent human being. And Ishida is still a moron. Though I guess talking with the musician will have something to do with a confession... Hopefully.

Nishimiya face at the end was all sorts of amazing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Koe no Katachi

Come the fuck on you want to have babies stop lying you fucker

Into Illusion 2

Took a whole year but she finally put out the 2nd chapter of this Novel / Manga hybrid. Manga portion was a bit lacking since it was on some club girl trying to take advantage of Takumi but then plunging off the cliff to die, but the writter portion was incredible. I want Takumi and Kouki to get together and more handholding. I also want more of Takumi's eye powers that seem to be developing.

Great purchase.

Also bought False Memories v2, forgot I preordered it nearly a year ago. I love shrink wrapped yaoi manga.

Rhapsody

Banned
Koe no Katachi

*smh* Ishida, Ishida. So if I'm understanding right, the next chapter is two years later?

Quite a long time to leave her hanging.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Fuuka

Seo actually did it.... He actually did it[/I. He's alienated all of his readers yet again for a cop out. This story has taken a complete 180 that should have happened in the first few chapters, not this late in the game.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 05

Ah, childhood memory trauma!

Also looks like we're finally reaching into material from the main story.

I'm really surprised by all the love for this, the chapters I read were so bland and rote with bad art

Artstyle is subjective, but I thought it had personality and felt appropriate to the style and atmosphere of the world. Plus, the style had a touch of Murata, which I liked.

As for the chapters being bland, I'd agree that they're probably a tad generic. But I really liked the execution of them all.

By the first few pages alone, the story already established its own world setting and identity created by the myriad spread of heroes. And despite the outlandish setting, the story immediately presents a reality (All Might's situation) that grounds the story back to one that could be empathised on a personal level, instead of it being a silver age overpowered fantasy.

The main protagonist has an establishment of a struggle, grit and mettle that feels child-like, meek, yet with enough believability that his actions of saving Kac-chan didn't feel like some out-of-character moment.

Lastly, I felt that the few pages and moments where the author put the emotions and 'the feels' on the forefront was really well done. Despite being a complete non-character, the mother's tears and reaction to the son's realisation, the spread where he ran to save Bomber Kid, and that page where he was told he could be a 'Hero' felt honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom